PDA

View Full Version : i didn't get too the texas game vs. baylor...

AggieJohn
10-14-2006, 11:42 PM
is the 31 points they scored decieving or what?

JHS_c/o_06'
10-14-2006, 11:58 PM
the first 10 points werent, i just have no clue where the defense was on that. It was like a 1-aa defense was out there. Baylor scored on the first play. They set up in I formation, play action (the qb sold it really good, had the whole stadium fooled) and just threw a bomb to whoever Beasley (they picked on him all night) was covering and like most the night he blew the coverage.

Then Texas stepped it up, they scored i think once more on the starters, and scored like two touchdowns in the last 3 min on the third stringers.

jason
10-15-2006, 12:01 AM
that last baylor td probably would have been overturned had mack wanted to go through the troubles of challenging it...

gonna be interesting to see the bcs poll tomorrow...

seeing is how ut only lost to #1, wouldnt be surprising if the wacky computers have them as high as #3, im not saying that will happen, im just saying it wouldnt surprise me...

AggieJohn
10-15-2006, 12:09 AM
.....I still wonder if USC even makes it

Originally posted by jason
that last baylor td probably would have been overturned had mack wanted to go through the troubles of challenging it...

gonna be interesting to see the bcs poll tomorrow...

seeing is how ut only lost to #1, wouldnt be surprising if the wacky computers have them as high as #3, im not saying that will happen, im just saying it wouldnt surprise me...

sweetwater07
10-15-2006, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
.....I still wonder if USC even makes it

they should have gotten beat several times by now....not impressive at all

texasjeremy
10-15-2006, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
is the 31 points they scored decieving or what?

The 63 Texas scored was though.

AggieJohn
10-15-2006, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
The 63 Texas scored was though. how ya figure

Emerson1
10-15-2006, 12:36 AM
I guess maybe the 2 defensive touchdowns they had?

Colt's 6 touchdown passes weren't deceiving though.

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 01:26 AM
Yeah, our PASS defense wasn't very good today. Not surprising tho when we had a redshirt freshman and a true freshman starting in our defensive backfield. If there was ever a position where you don't want a fresh/frosh playing it's DB.

Baylor lined up in 3 and 5 wide receiver sets all night long. It got really old. I think they attempted 11 total rushes and got about 27 yards, most of which came on a busted play late in the 4th.

Good news is Marcus Griffin should be back in the lineup. Bad news is Tarrel Brown has a broken toe and there's no telling how long he's out.

Emerson1
10-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Baylor had somethingl ike -20 rushign yards going into the 4th. The baylor RB busted off a 50 yard run to push them into the positive.

PPHSfan
10-15-2006, 10:06 AM
They may have to move Shipley to DB for the rest of the season.

Emerson1
10-15-2006, 10:12 AM
I wonder if he has even worked out at the position since he came to Texas.

PPHSfan
10-15-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I wonder if he has even worked out at the position since he came to Texas.

I don't know, but he was a fantastic DB in HS. I bet he could cover Beasley like a wet rug.

texasjeremy
10-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Baylor had somethingl ike -20 rushign yards going into the 4th. The baylor RB busted off a 50 yard run to push them into the positive.

Well most of that was sacks, at the time Baylor just had 1 rushing attempt, so that can be deceiving.

sahen
10-15-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Baylor lined up in 3 and 5 wide receiver sets all night long. It got really old. I think they attempted 11 total rushes and got about 27 yards, most of which came on a busted play late in the 4th.

thats what we have done the whole year...

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by sahen
thats what we have done the whole year...

I know. That's why it got old. Our guys knew it was coming and they couldn't stop it.

sahen
10-15-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
I know. That's why it got old. Our guys knew it was coming and they couldn't stop it. oh well it didnt matter much, we couldnt hold on to the ball or quit throwing it yall...