PDA

View Full Version : Thug U at it again

Emerson1
10-14-2006, 09:30 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2625961

Bench-clearing brawl interrupts Miami-FIU game
Associated Press

MIAMI -- A sideline-clearing brawl interrupted the third quarter of the Florida International-Miami game Saturday night, prompting the ejection of 13 players in the first meeting between the South Florida rivals.

Miami/FIU
Wilfredo Lee/AP Photo
13 players were ejected when both benches cleared during the third quarter of Saturday night's Miami-FIU game.

FIU had eight players ejected, Miami had five. It was the first on-field fight in FIU's five-year football history, school officials said.

Florida International's ejected players were wide receiver Chandler Williams, defensive backs Lionell Singleton, Chris Smith and Marshall McDuffie Jr., fullback John Ellis, linebacker Mannie Wellington, tight end Samuel Smith and defensive end Jarvis Penerton.

The ejected Miami players were offensive linemen Derrick Morse and Chris Barney, running back Charlie Jones, and cornerbacks Carlos Armour and Bruce Johnson.

All 13 players are expected to be suspended for one game.

The fight started shortly after Jon Peattie's extra point with 9:00 left in the third quarter gave Miami a 14-0 lead. Both sidelines quickly emptied, with several fights breaking out during the melee before order was restored.

The brawl lasted about five minutes, and it took officials several more minutes to sort out the penalties. Players from both sides appeared to be swinging helmets, and one injured FIU player came onto the field swinging a crutch at Miami players.

More than two dozen uniformed police officers came onto the field, trying to end the fights.

Several minutes after order was restored on the field, one fight broke out among fans in the northwest corner of the end zone, with more than 12 police officers running into the stands to break up that melee. More officers, including some wearing helmets, continued to surround the perimeter of the field.

Tensions ran high throughout the evening, with several instances of players exchanging heated words at the end of plays.

But emotions quickly boiled over after Miami's second touchdown.

James Bryant caught a 5-yard touchdown pass from Kyle Wright, then drew a 15-yard flag for unsportsmanlike conduct. After that catch, he appeared to point at the FIU bench, then took a theatrical bow.

Moments later, Peattie kicked the extra point and the brawl started.

VAMike
10-14-2006, 10:09 PM
Any of them who came in from the bench are out for the next game. Any who were in the game when the fight started are out for the 1st half of the next game.

Matthew328
10-14-2006, 10:36 PM
if that's the case both teams will have to forefit (wont happen) both teams were on the field...

Hupernikomen
10-14-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by VAMike
Any of them who came in from the bench are out for the next game. Any who were in the game when the fight started are out for the 1st half of the next game.

True in the NBA..is it in the NCAA?

AggieJohn
10-14-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
True in the NBA..is it in the NCAA? theirs an unofficial rule in the High School that if a player get bounced in 3rd and fourth of a quarter, the next game they are supposed to sit out the 1st and second...but it's rarely enforced

eagles_victory
10-14-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
theirs an unofficial rule in the High School that if a player get bounced in 3rd and fourth of a quarter, the next game they are supposed to sit out the 1st and second...but it's rarely enforced in Fairfield if you get kicked out of a game your automatically out the next game. But that is usually decided at the district meetings.

VAMike
10-15-2006, 06:23 AM
theirs an unofficial rule in the High School that if a player get bounced in 3rd and fourth of a quarter, the next game they are supposed to sit out the 1st and second...but it's rarely enforced

I have never heard of that unofficial rule. There is an official NCAA rule that requires it by the UIL exceptions to the NCAA football rules provide a whole different rule on fighting other than what the NCAA has.

VAMike
10-15-2006, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
True in the NBA..is it in the NCAA?

That is the NCAA rule

VAMike
10-15-2006, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
if that's the case both teams will have to forefit (wont happen) both teams were on the field...

I have ejected so many team members and coaches after a brawl in an adult sixman game that the game could not continue.

In this case, the NCAA will have to rely on the 2 conferences and schools to deal out appropriate punishment

injuredinmelee
10-15-2006, 07:06 AM
Both of these teams exhibited how trashy they were. The NCAA should buck up and suspend both teams for at LEAST their next game and probably two games. Wasnt that whole thing just sickening to watch?

AggieJohn
10-15-2006, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Both of these teams exhibited how trashy they were. The NCAA should buck up and suspend both teams for at LEAST their next game and probably two games. Wasnt that whole thing just sickening to watch? honestly, watching the video I saw the U doing all the lewd stuff......

SWMustang
10-15-2006, 08:16 AM
honestly, watching the video I saw the U doing all the lewd stuff......

I don't care much for Miami, but let's be fair - Fla, Intl. had their share of thugs too. At the very beginning of the fight an FIU player ran and kicked a miami player in the head while the miami player was on the ground. Anybody that pulled their helmet off and was swinging it around needs to be kicked off the team.

VAMike
10-15-2006, 08:19 AM
FIU player did start the whole mess but looked like Miami guys were doing most of the damage.

Phil C
10-15-2006, 08:22 AM
Both schools are to blame.

Phil C
10-15-2006, 08:22 AM
DON'T BLOW YOU COOL!!

:mad:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-15-2006, 03:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0oF0TfZB3Y&mode=related&search=

Keith7
10-15-2006, 06:56 PM
By calling the University of Miami "thug U" in this thread, Emerson is implying that everyone from the University of Miami is a thug.. I believe this is insensitive to the alumni, and current staff and students at the University of Miami! Get this off the board!

Emerson1
10-15-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
By calling the University of Miami "thug U" in this thread, Emerson is implying that everyone from the University of Miami is a thug.. I believe this is insensitive to the alumni, and current staff and students at the University of Miami! Get this off the board!
I acutally meant to say Convict U. Thug U is Virginia Tech.

Keith7
10-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I acutally meant to say Convict U. Thug U is Virginia Tech.

U SHOULD BE ROMMED THEN! GET OFF OF HERE!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-15-2006, 07:00 PM
U SHOULD BE ROMMED THEN! GET OFF OF HERE!

This is coming from a person who is questioning and mocking the judgement of our moderators. :hand:

Keith7
10-15-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
This is coming from a person who is questioning and mocking the judgement of our moderators. :hand:

I'm helping them out calm down, we don't want anyone to get offended on here

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-15-2006, 07:01 PM
I'm helping them out calm down, we don't want anyone to get offended on here

So quick to change your tune? I smell a chicken.

Keith7
10-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
So quick to change your tune? I smell a chicken.

THIS IS OFFENSIVE TO CHICKEN LOVERS!! GET THIS OFF OF HERE!! PEOPLE WHO LOVE CHICKENS WOULD BE APPAULED TO SEE THE WORD CHICKEN IN A DEROGATORY WAY!! how insensitive can you really be??

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-15-2006, 07:09 PM
THIS IS OFFENSIVE TO CHICKEN LOVERS!! GET THIS OFF OF HERE!! PEOPLE WHO LOVE CHICKENS WOULD BE APPAULED TO SEE THE WORD CHICKEN IN A DEROGATORY WAY!! how insensitive can you really be??

You're comparing apples and oranges....

GOFOR2
10-15-2006, 07:11 PM
Coker is so gone