PDA

View Full Version : I dare all of you to homer post on this

CenTexSports
10-14-2006, 07:03 PM
The question is at the end of my comment:

I see one or two new teams play almost every week and there is one thing that bothers me more than anything else. I can't stand to see a team take the coach's attitude when he is a loud, abusive, and competitive at any cost. These types of teams usually show unsportsmanlike tendencies and like to taunt the other team. On another post, a Caldwell poster praised the Smithville team for their competitive spirit even in defeat. Why can't teams win with the same demeanor?

The Question: Does your head coach set a good example for the kids, win or lose?

RMAC
10-14-2006, 07:13 PM
I didn't play for him, but I'd have to say no. My little bro told me that he made the boys run after losing to Hirschi, the former district bicycle at Hirschi's field last night.

lostaussie
10-14-2006, 07:14 PM
me first............ i can guarantee that Jeff Traylor sets a good example for his kids. There is no showboating by anyone. After every touchdown (and we score lots of them) the ball goes into the hands of the refs. If you don't act right you don't play. Peroid. You win with class, and you lose with dignity. Now, don't get me wrong, i have seen Jeff get really riled when he thinks his kids are getting screwed over, but he has never, ever let it carry over to the kids.

Cameron Crazy
10-14-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
I didn't play for him, but I'd have to say no. My little bro told me that he made the boys run after losing to Hirschi, the former district bicycle at Hirschi's field last night. You are dang right the parents took it as a huge shock!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-14-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
The question is at the end of my comment:

I see one or two new teams play almost every week and there is one thing that bothers me more than anything else. I can't stand to see a team take the coach's attitude when he is a loud, abusive, and competitive at any cost. These types of teams usually show unsportsmanlike tendencies and like to taunt the other team. On another post, a Caldwell poster praised the Smithville team for their competitive spirit even in defeat. Why can't teams win with the same demeanor?

The Question: Does your head coach set a good example for the kids, win or lose?

I will say yes. After Coach Miller replaced a Tiger player last night, the player threw his helmet down in anger, not so much at the coach I think, but in frustration of losing. Miller picked his helmet up, handed it to him, and told him to show some pride and character. The player is a good kid, but let his emotions get the better of him, and Miller made it a point to help him "see the light" so to speak. I think Miller is doing a great job with the kids, they play with a lot of desire, compassion, and sportsmanship.