PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson

eagles_victory
10-14-2006, 04:16 PM
I hate to hear the news of A.D breaking his collar bone. Being from Fairfield and him being from Palestine I met him and he seemed like a great kid real nice to everyone regardless of the situation. In his dads first chance to see him get play that saddens me. As for some poster being happy to see A.D get hurt im keeping to myself bc i would be rommed quick if i told him what i think of that crap.

MagicMan
10-14-2006, 04:19 PM
yeah he was well on his way to winning the Heisman this year. everyones cinderella garrett wolfe got stuffed today against western michigan. 17 carries for 42 yards 0 tds.

AggieJohn
10-14-2006, 04:21 PM
lane for the heisman

14td's leads the nation

Phil C
10-14-2006, 04:47 PM
I am a UT fan but I am sorry to hear of any player getting hurt. He is a great talent and I wish he had came to UT. If he decides to go pro hope to see him running for Houston next year unless Houston blows the draft choice again.

87 TIGER
10-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
lane for the heisman

14td's leads the nation ok???

Dogman_1969
10-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Lane may be a great spokesman for the seafood platter at the College Station Seafood House but no Heisman............

manormustangs
10-14-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Lane may be a great spokesman for the seafood platter at the College Station Seafood House but no Heisman............

x2..........lol

eagles_victory
10-14-2006, 11:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by eagles_victory
[B] Lane for heisman :rolleyes:

AggieJohn
10-14-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
[QUOTE]Originally posted by eagles_victory
[B] Lane for heisman :rolleyes: Dear EV,

Learn to use the quote feature.

Regards,
3adownlow

eagles_victory
10-15-2006, 12:58 AM
Dear EV,

Learn to use the quote feature.

Regards,
3adownlow i might take that a little more serious if it wasnt from a guy who made fun of 9-11

AggieJohn
10-15-2006, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
i might take that a little more serious if it wasnt from a guy who made fun of 9-11 i didn't make fun of it, i just found .gif I found was interesting and posted it.....It was insensitive and i removed when I realized how touchy that was...

eagles_victory
10-15-2006, 01:14 AM
i didn't make fun of it, i just found .gif I found was interesting and posted it.....It was insensitive and i removed when I realized how touchy that was... dont you still have a week of a 3adownlow supension to serve? your getting worse then bullfrog alumni jk not that bad

injuredinmelee
10-15-2006, 07:47 AM
Is there a clear heisman winner this year? Troy Smith is the only one I can think of.

AggieJohn
10-15-2006, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Is there a clear heisman winner this year? Troy Smith is the only one I can think of. yeah, it's his to lose

Phil C
10-15-2006, 08:24 AM
If Vince would have stayed for his last year at UT he would really be the shoo in. I am sure he is crying all the way to the bank.

:D

Aesculus gilmus
10-15-2006, 10:00 AM
I don't mean this as any disrespect to A.D., but I never really understood why he was the favorite to begin with. He has never put up the numbers of, say, a Ricky Williams during his Heisman run.

He has also never been on a championship team, so far as I can recall.

GetRDoneStangs
10-15-2006, 10:15 AM
Did anyone see the play he was hurt on? I have no pity....he had no reason to "Dive" in to the end zone...If you take chances to show off, well, those kind of things happen. He wasn't ever touched (from the replay I saw) and to break your collar bone doing a dive?? Give me a break!!:hand: :hand:

Pball
10-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Did anyone see the play he was hurt on? I have no pity....he had no reason to "Dive" in to the end zone...If you take chances to show off, well, those kind of things happen. He wasn't ever touched (from the replay I saw) and to break your collar bone doing a dive?? Give me a break!!:hand: :hand:

This is a ridicules comment.......
Apparently we were watching two different games.

How did it happen?

With Peterson nearing the end of a 53-yard touchdown run, Iowa State cornerback Chris Singleton dived and clipped Peterson around the ankle, causing him to stumble, then dive into the end zone. With the ball stretched out with both hands, Peterson landed hard on his left shoulder.

No doubt he was doing everything in his power to score.

mwynn05
10-15-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Pball

How did it happen?

With Peterson nearing the end of a 53-yard touchdown run, Iowa State cornerback Chris Singleton dived and clipped Peterson around the ankle, causing him to stumble, then dive into the end zone. With the ball stretched out with both hands, Peterson landed hard on his left shoulder.

No doubt he was doing everything in his power to score. Kind of what i was thinking...didnt look all that bad though

eagles_victory
10-15-2006, 12:29 PM

How did it happen?

No doubt he was doing everything in his power to score. your right im not really worried about what people think of A.D whos name has getrdone in it.

GetRDoneStangs
10-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Ok, I knew this would shake things up.... I was going by a clip that was on TV and the announcer staed he wasn't even hit and that he dove in the end zone... I saw the run and him dive and did not see him get hit. If he was hit then I was wrong, from what I saw and based my remark on was that.

mwynn05
10-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Ok, I knew this would shake things up.... I was going by a clip that was on TV and the announcer staed he wasn't even hit and that he dove in the end zone... I saw the run and him dive and did not see him get hit. If he was hit then I was wrong, from what I saw and based my remark on was that. Yeah he didnt get hit BECAUSE he dove

KTJ
10-15-2006, 12:44 PM
Is this play on YouTube?

I never saw it but heard about it during our game.

Pball
10-15-2006, 02:55 PM
The highlights of the game are on
http://www.adrian-peterson.com/
The last run he made is on this clip and you can clearly see he got hit before going in.

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 03:33 PM
Personally, I don't think he got hurt. He didn't land that hard on his shoulder with that dive and he's taken a LOT worse hits in his career at OU. Kinda suspicious that Adrian gets hurt in a blowout game, near the end of the game, the day after the NCAA announces they'll be coming into OU and cleaning house. Also, Adrian's dad finally got to attend a game so Adrian won't feel bad about sitting the rest of the season out.....

Pball
10-15-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Personally, I don't think he got hurt. He didn't land that hard on his shoulder with that dive and he's taken a LOT worse hits in his career at OU. Kinda suspicious that Adrian gets hurt in a blowout game, near the end of the game, the day after the NCAA announces they'll be coming into OU and cleaning house. Also, Adrian's dad finally got to attend a game so Adrian won't feel bad about sitting the rest of the season out.....

Do you think if he is hurt the NCAA will not now investigate....Good theory but I think you are reaching a little far on this one. I agree with you on one point, it didn't look like he landed that hard, but I have never broken a collar bone.

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Do you think if he is hurt the NCAA will not now investigate....Good theory but I think you are reaching a little far on this one. I agree with you on one point, it didn't look like he landed that hard, but I have never broken a collar bone.

No, that wasn't what I was getting at with my post. I think Adrian Peterson wants to be "out of sight, out of mind" when the NCAA officals show up. Besides, it's good for him because now, instead of being run into the ground by Stoops (who will jet for the NFL or another program if the NCAA actually does their job and puts OU on probation) he can rest up and get ready for the Combine and the NFL draft. If he had to keep carrying the ball 30+ times a game for the rest of the season he could have blown a knee, broken a leg, or something that would have seriously put his NFL career at risk.

Yeah, it probably is a stretch, but with the shady things going on down at OU I wouldn't be surprised.

Sandman
10-15-2006, 05:21 PM
This is a kid who the coaches would make take his pads off in blowouts, because he would try to talk his way back onto the field in high school. I seriously doubt he is faking an injury. There is nowhere he would rather be than on a football field.

And he wasn't showboating, just trying to make sure he made it over the line after he lost his balance when the Cyclone clipped his ankle.

I have watched all but one of AD's game since his junior year in high school, either live or on TV, and I have never seen him once do anything other than flip the football to the referee and celebrate with his teammates. I have never seen any inappropriate actions (other than possibly his little "fit" at the end of the Hallsville playoff game his senior year in high school) shown by Adrian during a game. Off the field I have never seen him be anything but respectful to everyone from children to the elderly. Is he perfect? No. He has made mistakes. Got in trouble early in high school (which is why he moved from Westwood to Palestine), but he woke up and decided to do what he needed to so he could be successful.

All that to say, I don't think he is faking an injury to duck the NCAA.

DaHop72
10-15-2006, 05:46 PM
Personally, I don't think he got hurt. He didn't land that hard on his shoulder with that dive and he's taken a LOT worse hits in his career at OU. Kinda suspicious that Adrian gets hurt in a blowout game, near the end of the game, the day after the NCAA announces they'll be coming into OU and cleaning house. Also, Adrian's dad finally got to attend a game so Adrian won't feel bad about sitting the rest of the season out..... :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Probably right. Just if I was Adrian I'd want to stop having to take all those hits and I'd be looking to drive my nice red Lexus around Norman.....

:p

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Personally, I don't think he got hurt.

I saw the play in question, I didn't see where he was tripped, but that's not saying alot either, I was just watching him.

My question is this, if he didn't get hurt, then why would they say he broke his collar bone and would be out for the seaon? I mean, unless it was self diagnosed, wouldn't he have had to have an x-ray and been told by a Dr. what exactly what he had done??

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I saw the play in question, I didn't see where he was tripped, but that's not saying alot either, I was just watching him.

My question is this, if he didn't get hurt, then why would they say he broke his collar bone and would be out for the seaon? I mean, unless it was self diagnosed, wouldn't he have had to have an x-ray and been told by a Dr. what exactly what he had done??

Yeah, I definitely thought that too. However, they never said he saw a doctor. Stoops just talked about how the training staff looked at it and it was supposedly a fractured collar bone. So, if the coaches are planning on jumping ship anyway why not cover up his injury and let the kid get free to the NFL?

Honestly, I was just stirring the pot and posing some insane theory of mine. :)

Funny tho because a lot of Sooner fans said it was some insane theory of the Aggies when a guy posted about how he knew that Bomar was getting paid off at BigRedMotors. No one believed that kid and he was right. . .a YEAR before the whole mess came out. Definitely some weird stuff going down in Sooner land.

carter08
10-15-2006, 06:09 PM

Honestly, I was just stirring the pot and posing some insane theory of mine. :)

You do a lot of that, don't you

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by carter08
You do a lot of that, don't you

Guilty as charged.

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Ack.

I guess I wasn't the only person thinking this.

http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Just Watching
10-15-2006, 10:20 PM
We were at the game. The Iowa State player that tripped him up was shaken up on the play. It took a few minutes to get him off the field (under his own power). We didn't know Peterson was hurt until after the game. It sure changed the atmosphere of all the postgame festivities when word trickled through at O'Connel's.

Old Tiger
10-15-2006, 10:29 PM
It didn't even look that bad. He's probably fell that way a many of times. Bad luck that day.

sweetwater07
10-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
It didn't even look that bad. He's probably fell that way a many of times. Bad luck that day.

yeah i watched the clip on youtube and it didn't look like anything worse than just about every back in the game has ever done...i guess he must have landed on it wrong with a messload of momentum...
bad day in norman

Fal44
10-15-2006, 10:33 PM
Its sad to see him get hurt, Even Tho I strongly dislike OU Its still sad to see such a great athlete get hurt.