PDA

View Full Version : 3A Spring Football? Boys volleyball?

kaorder1999
10-14-2006, 02:26 PM
AUSTIN, TX: The University Interscholastic League Legislative Council will convene October 15-16 at the Austin Airport Hilton to review UIL rules and vote on proposed rule changes.

The UIL Legislative Council meets annually to hear testimony from interested parties and consider changes in UIL policy. Some proposals that will highlight the agenda at this year's meeting include:
· Adding boys volleyball;
· Changing the swimming season;
· Allowing all 3A schools to conduct Spring Football practice on a three-year trial basis;
· Requiring each high school campus to have one Automated External
Defibrillator (AED).

mwynn05
10-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
AUSTIN, TX: The University Interscholastic League Legislative Council will convene October 15-16 at the Austin Airport Hilton to review UIL rules and vote on proposed rule changes.

The UIL Legislative Council meets annually to hear testimony from interested parties and consider changes in UIL policy. Some proposals that will highlight the agenda at this year's meeting include:
· Adding boys volleyball;
· Changing the swimming season;
· Allowing all 3A schools to conduct Spring Football practice on a three-year trial basis;
· Requiring each high school campus to have one Automated External
Defibrillator (AED). adding boys volleyball...dont really care but beach volleyball is fun it would probably be only on the 4a and 5a levels....changing swimming wouldnt matter to 99% of 3a schools...3a conducting spring practice....they might as well i know in fairfield baseball gets screwed over by spring football (weather it be off season or actual drills) anyway...and i think every school should have the AED i dont care about the money....find a way $1500 (i think thats what the run) isnt all that much money for a school district especially when a lot of schols have new uniforms every year or ever other year in football and other sports...i know we have them in a lot fo the buildings on campus here at UNT

kaorder1999
10-15-2006, 02:39 PM
the 3A spring ball is an interesting topic.

mwynn05
10-15-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
the 3A spring ball is an interesting topic. The other spring sports get screwed over by offseason football as it is so I dont see why not

KTJ
10-15-2006, 03:46 PM
I think boys volleyball has been on the topic list before and it gets shut down each time. Men's Volleyball isn't even played by the majority of D1 colleges/universities, so why would they make it a UIL sanctioned event?

VWG
10-15-2006, 05:06 PM
In 3A the majority of the kids participate in all sports, not just football. I really wouldn't want to see spring football implemented.
Off season is solely used for football. You don't see kids going through off season drills catching fly balls, or working on their jump shots.
Track, Golf, Baseball..... all of these sports would be hurt by spring football.