PDA

View Full Version : McNeal, Shipley's Dad, and McGee's Dad on Fran

Emerson1
10-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Some gems:

"I think a lot of people probably thought [A&M] would be throwing the ball more," Shipley said. "They knew Stephen could run around pretty good when they recruited him, but he's not the kind of guy you watched on tape and said, 'Wow, there's your guy who can run the option if you wanted to.'"

In fact, Rodney McGee told the Star-Telegram last year that prior to signing, Stephen told Franchione that he wasn't interested in an option-type offense such as the one Franchione implemented while at TCU.

"I broke every passing record at A&M," McNeal, a sixth-round draft pick taken as a wide receiver by the Cincinnati Bengals, said this week. "Then came my senior year and [Franchione's] running 60-percent option. "We had the people out wide, some star players who could go out and make plays. We still could have been throwing the ball, running the ball and doing like we were my junior year. But it is what it is."

"I know that people are wanting to get a vertical game going because people know that Stephen can throw the vertical ball," Rodney McGee said. "In my heart, I believe that as this team matures they're going to find that capability."

fran killing another QB (http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/colleges/15759428.htm)

injuredinmelee
10-14-2006, 01:27 PM
this is how impeachent usually starts. It is usually the players talkign but their dads and former players are even better.

Chris Hart
10-14-2006, 01:51 PM
I've always kind of said the same thing. It just baffles me that most Aggie fans think of McGee as a 'running' quarterback, and not a passing quarterback. I've watched him for alot of years now, and I know he can run the ball when called upon, but his strength is and always will be the passing of the football. Most Aggie fans don't know what they have as far as Stephen throwing the football. I've noticed that it's been hard for Stephen to find his rythym throwing the ball at A&M. It's like when they finally call a pass, it's a surprise to him as well and he hasn't been as accurate as he normally is. I hope for his sake, that A&M will like his dad said, find out that they are more than capable of throwing the football. I'm not sure of his exact stats this season, but even through all this he is completing around 62% of his passes for over 1150yds with around 7TDs and 1 INT. Not bad numbers for a first year starter, but if they only knew what he 'could' be doing. Good luck Stephen and A&M against Missou, that will be a big game for Franm and the Aggies one way or another...

Aesculus gilmus
10-14-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm an Orangeblood, but I am hoping A&M will beat Mizzou. I generally pull for the Aggies in all but one or two games per season. I especially cheer for them when they are playing our "common enemies" such as OU.

I had heard from a friend who heard it from an alleged "well-connected" alum (Houston A&M Club was among those applying the pressure) that Franchione would be told, if he lost the Texas Tech game, that he would be relieved of his duties at the end of this season.

So either his source wasn't well-connected or they are keeping this info private for now.