PDA

View Full Version : 21-3A predictions this week

Paratrooper
10-14-2006, 11:52 AM
WOS 42
Silsbee 14

WOS has just been pounding their opponents and even though Silsbee is a quality team I don't see them hanging with WOS. I think it will be close for about the first 2 quarters and then WOS will wear them down.

OF 28
BC 21

I am not going to be a homer on this one. OF has got a quality team this year. This is a huge rivalry game with Bridge City having the edge psychologically since they beat OF the vast majority of the time. However, BC has a lot of injuries and will be in a dog fight for sure with this one. The BC defense has got to step up.

Kirbyville 21
HJ 10

Kville is probably the most overrated team in the district, however, they will be too much for HJ. HJ is coming off a pounding loss to WOS so I see their confidence shot on this one.

Jasper 21
HF 13

Jasper only has this game and HJ that they can possibly win left. I think the Dogs will come out fighting mad in this one on HF. I will take Jasper as I think countless years of tradition will be screaming for a win.

tigerdad
10-16-2006, 08:22 AM
i think silsbee is gonna SURPRISE a few people !!!!!!

Paratrooper
10-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by tigerdad
i think silsbee is gonna SURPRISE a few people !!!!!!

They may - some of the WOS posters like Tam are so consumed with Cuero already and thinking they have the district championship sewed up they may be overlooking Silsbee. I think Silsbee will give WOS a scare but in the end WOS just has too many weapons.

tigerdad
10-16-2006, 08:28 AM
silsbee has a few weapons too !!!!! i THINK the last couple of times these two teams has meet in the last few years silsbee has beaten them and knocked them out of the playoffs !!!

Bulldog_12
10-16-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Paratrooper

Jasper 21
HF 13

Jasper only has this game and HJ that they can possibly win left. I think the Dogs will come out fighting mad in this one on HF. I will take Jasper as I think countless years of tradition will be screaming for a win.

Its also Jaspers Homecoming, so maybe they come out on an emotional high and get in the W column. Ill be there so I hope they win.

tigerdad
10-16-2006, 10:12 AM
i think jasper gets there 1st win on friday !!!! jasper has always been tough for years and years, they are just rebuilding and watch out !!!!!

bccards
10-16-2006, 10:20 AM
West Orange by 30+

pirate4state
10-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
They may - some of the WOS posters like Tam are so consumed with Cuero already and thinking they have the district championship sewed up they may be overlooking Silsbee. I think Silsbee will give WOS a scare but in the end WOS just has too many weapons. I read that entire thread and didn't see anything she posted that lead me to believe that she is "consumed" with Cuero. LOL! She is excited about her team, thinks they can take on Silsbee and anyone it the area - what's wrong with that??? I'd love to be in that position!! Once again people are getting to wrapped up in being PC. :hairpunk:

Crimestick
10-16-2006, 10:35 AM
silsbee has a few weapons too !!!!! i THINK the last couple of times these two teams has meet in the last few years silsbee has beaten them and knocked them out of the playoffs !!!

That was 1998. They haven't beaten us since then. I believe we've won the last five. Silsbee does have weapons, but they are one-dimensional (no passing game) and very mistake-prone. I'm not claiming a victory, but that's what I see as the tigers' weaknessess.

setxsports
10-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by tigerdad
silsbee has a few weapons too !!!!! i THINK the last couple of times these two teams has meet in the last few years silsbee has beaten them and knocked them out of the playoffs !!! Not this year:D

tigerdad
10-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by **********
Not this year:D WE WILL SEE FRIDAY !!!!!

Comeaux
10-16-2006, 09:34 PM
"Kville is probably the most overrated team in the district"

They were rated third from the bottom by Dave Campbell's Texas Football.

They have the smallest enrollment of any school in the district.

Where have they been overrated?

GS#17
10-16-2006, 11:23 PM
I look for K'ville to beat HJ pretty handily. I don't think it's going to be close. They have a pretty strong team this year -- not great, but solid. Maybe they are overrated by some, but they are a force in the district and should be once the playoffs roll around.

Hindsight2020
10-16-2006, 11:36 PM
Kirbyville could possibly beat Silsbee. I know I am jumping ahead a couple of weeks, but I could see it happening.

Paratrooper
10-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by GS#17
I look for K'ville to beat HJ pretty handily. I don't think it's going to be close. They have a pretty strong team this year -- not great, but solid. Maybe they are overrated by some, but they are a force in the district and should be once the playoffs roll around.

You are assuming that K'ville will make the playoffs. The fight will be between them and Bridge City. OF still has an outside shot of getting in. Of course, WOS and Silsbee are pretty much a shoe-in to go but the real fight is going to be for 3rd place.