PDA

View Full Version : Today will be my first A&M game.

mistanice
10-14-2006, 10:56 AM
I'm not a big aggie fan, but I always wanted to experience a game at Kyle Field. Go aggies?

WestTXLonghorn
10-14-2006, 11:07 AM
:thumbsup:

AggieJohn
10-14-2006, 11:09 AM
beat the hell outta M.U.

let me know what you think, where are your tix's at?

mistanice
10-14-2006, 11:13 AM
Well my tickets are where the player's family and friends sit. My buddy told me their on the 50 yard line. I didn't want to sit in the student section anyway! The guy that invited me is a walk-on, but he's hasn't been cleared to play by the clearing house is what he told me.

g$$
10-14-2006, 12:03 PM
If he has not been cleared, then how is he suiting up? Getting cleared is the 1st step to gaining admittance in the recruiting process, being able to play, scholarship & walk-ons, etc. so I wonder why in now October he is saying that? The NCAA checks all the academic courses & test scores. Maybe there was a problem. That happens. Good luck to him.

Paratrooper
10-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
I'm not a big aggie fan, but I always wanted to experience a game at Kyle Field. Go aggies?

Aggie virgin

PPHSfan
10-14-2006, 12:52 PM
Well if your date is a guy, you better hope the Ags don't score a touchdown.

mistanice
10-14-2006, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by g$$
If he has not been cleared, then how is he suiting up? Getting cleared is the 1st step to gaining admittance in the recruiting process, being able to play, scholarship & walk-ons, etc. so I wonder why in now October he is saying that? The NCAA checks all the academic courses & test scores. Maybe there was a problem. That happens. Good luck to him.

To answer your question. He didn't suit up, because he can't til he has been cleared to play. He's in a special situation. He never took his SAT because he went straight into the Navy out of high school. He served his time, moved back to the mainland from Hawaii. He went to a community college, then transferred to A&M. He asked if he could try to walk on, and so he did. He'll find out by next tuesday at the latest if he will be able to suit up the remaining games. Either way, he's invited me to the OU game as well. 6th row from the field was damn good view today.