PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard a coach say this?

injuredinmelee
10-14-2006, 08:06 AM
I have heard this comment but never ever in the Newspaper.

"We talked about the next three weeks," said _______, whose team is now on a three-game losing streak. "These guys were out of our league , and so we need to work on competing with the rest of them. We set a goal to make it to the playoffs, and that hasn’t changed."

injuredinmelee
10-14-2006, 10:10 AM
I see right now the being honest with his team is winning out but do you be honest with your team in the newspaper? I wouldnt trust my coach anymore if he said this to me or about me in public.

VWG
10-14-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I see right now the being honest with his team is winning out but do you be honest with your team in the newspaper? I wouldnt trust my coach anymore if he said this to me or about me in public.

I'm with you. You keep that "in the family", so to speak.
Don't blurt that out to a reporter for everbody to read. I don't think I would even say that to my team, at least in those exact words. If you're "out hustled", or "totally dominated".... but you're telling your team that you're not even close to as good as your opponent?

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2006, 11:47 AM
I don't really see a problem. The coach didn't belittle any players or the team. I don't recall hearing anything like it, but have seen something like "Our guys are little bitty compared to the athletes they have" and did hear a coach say ON TV (DQ game of the week) "Get ready to play the second half. We will NOT substitute at all. It's not OUR fault they're not any good". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (The said "not any good team" almost came back to win the game after being down about 30 pts at half.)

kepdawg
10-14-2006, 11:49 AM
I heard basically the same thing from a coach on the radio last night and I didn't give it a second thought, until now.