PDA

View Full Version : Merkel Badgers are 4-0

mark838
09-21-2001, 10:59 PM
Merkel defeated Tuscola Jim Ned 12-9 to remain undefeated at 4-0, while Jim Ned goes to 2-1.

bearcat1
09-22-2001, 10:37 AM
Congrats to Merkel, they were our Team of the Week the other week. Keep your eyes on the Badgers.

victory11
09-23-2001, 12:37 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

eye of the tiger
09-23-2001, 01:17 PM
Victory you must be a wylie supporter. Why does it bother you guys when other teams do well? If wylie somehow manages to beat these teams that are doing well, wont that make you look better? Is there no district or area loyalty at wylie? My Commerce Tigers are in the same district with Forney. I have nothing but praise for Forney and wish them well. The only time I would wish them not to win is when they play my team. Well these are just some thoughts on some things I dont understand.

victory11
09-23-2001, 02:06 PM
forney must not be gay inbreds that talk trash all the time like merkel.

rambo
09-23-2001, 03:32 PM
how can you consider merkel a team to watch when they play 2A teams and barely get by them...put them up against some 4A or even 3A teams like wylie, sweetwater, and ballinger play and see what the outcome is!! then you can consider them a team to watch!!!!

bearcat1
09-23-2001, 10:04 PM
There are some good players on this team, they have got the right attitudes from what I hear, and sources close to the situation tell me that things are looking very good for them. In that case, I consider them a team to watch....as in 'watch and see how they do this season---as opposed to a team with a bleak outlook likely to win only 1 or 2 games all year. In that case, no i wouldn't recommend 'watching' someone like that unless you are just the type that likes to sit and watch grass grow. That is why I consider them a 'team to WATCH'. I would like to see how they do and if they can exceed expectations. It might be fun to see a team do that. So I guess you can say my recommendation to 'watch' them is made all in the name of fun, and support for what I hope will be a good season for the badgers. If you are so opposed to that idea, then by all means...don't watch them.
bc
PS--If they were to beat Wylie or Sweetwater, I would think they would be much more than 'team to watch' at that point, don't you?

Originally posted by rambo:
how can you consider merkel a team to watch when they play 2A teams and barely get by them...put them up against some 4A or even 3A teams like wylie, sweetwater, and ballinger play and see what the outcome is!! then you can consider them a team to watch!!!!

[This message has been edited by bearcat1 (edited September 23, 2001).]

bearcat1
09-23-2001, 10:08 PM
PS, this is not the only team I recommend people watch. I also would like to see how Kennedale and Denver City do this year.
bc

Originally posted by bearcat1:
There are some good players on this team, they have got the right attitudes from what I hear, and sources close to the situation tell me that things are looking very good for them. In that case, I consider them a team to watch....as in 'watch and see how they do this season---as opposed to a team with a bleak outlook likely to win only 1 or 2 games all year. In that case, no i wouldn't recommend 'watching' someone like that unless you are just the type that likes to sit and watch grass grow. That is why I consider them a 'team to WATCH'. I would like to see how they do and if they can exceed expectations. It might be fun to see a team do that. So I guess you can say my recommendation to 'watch' them is made all in the name of fun, and support for what I hope will be a good season for the badgers. If you are so opposed to that idea, then by all means...don't watch them.
bc

MustangFan03
09-23-2001, 11:09 PM
You have to understand that Wylie is ONLY about Wylie! They get jealous if someone other than themselves get all the attention.Here in Sweetwater we are proud of our district foes.People in this area are talking about how tough of a district 5-3a is and we are proud of all of them.So if everyone could just ignore the profanity that some of the Wylie people use and the stupid remarks that they post and notice the type of football that this district plays,the rest of the district would shine with class like most teams in the Big Country do,we would all benefit.Keep plugging along Merkel,your day is coming-and so is Wylie's.(Oct 26th) WE CAN"T WAIT.

rambo
09-23-2001, 11:27 PM
hey mustangfan03, is that all yall think about and look forward to...is the game against wylie...i think yall should worry about the game yall play each week and then when oct. 26 comes around worry about wylie!!