PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Wharton!

IHStangFan
10-14-2006, 12:21 AM
I must say, my first impression tonight (as I arrived w/ about 5 mins left in the 1st Q) was that Wharton was going to get their butts handed to them by Flannel and company. BUT, I did not realize that Wharton's QB was ...was...well that elusive and just flat out fast. I was impressed by this kid's play making ability. After the picks, he got on track and dominated the rest of the game. The turning point was the fumble recovery and return Wharton had. GREAT defensive play. I have to say, other than Wharton's QB though, I was not too impressed w/ anything else I saw. ESPECIALLY out of Columbia. They seeemed to have a stable to RB's but were unable to do much against Wharton's D once Wharton commited to stopping the run. Wharton looks fairly solid behind their QB Ansley. Can't wait to see the Needville/Wharton game!! Again, Congrats Wharton Tigers on an impressive comeback win tonight!

awizzy
10-14-2006, 12:25 AM
he was fast...WC need to learn how to pass the ball...i cant take away from the tigers tho they fought hard to come back and win...ansley should be a nominated for POTW 2...hes a great athlete

IHStangFan
10-14-2006, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by awizzy
he was fast...WC need to learn how to pass the ball...i cant take away from the tigers tho they fought hard to come back and win...ansley should be a nominated for POTW 2...hes a great athlete yup, that kid is very atheletic. did you see the bad snap he had to go up and get when punting in the 1st half? thats basically what got my attention...then I started watching him closely....great athelete.

carter08
10-14-2006, 12:31 AM
Columbia made some time management mistakes late 4th quarter that cost them the game

tigerpride_08
10-14-2006, 09:13 AM
it truely was a great game...i got in on one stop and that was just find with me!:)

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
it truely was a great game...i got in on one stop and that was just find with me!:)
:clap: :clap: Good job!

#9wharton tiger
10-14-2006, 01:22 PM
YEAH MY BOYS DID WHAT THEY HAD TO LAST NIGHT. THEY PROVED THAT EVEN WITHOUT THEIR MAIN RECEIVER THEY CAN GET THE JOB DONE.....GET READY FOR STAFFORD!!!!CONGRATULATIONS

FbCoachB40
10-14-2006, 07:32 PM
I was very proud of Wharton, they could have easily shut down. Especially, seeing that they were playing without Jamal Shelton. All year it has been the Jamal and Joel A. show, but Fri. other players had to step up and take ownership in this team, AND THEY DID!! Great job OL, Great Job KC Curtis, and PHYNON, great job D- FENCE!! Fantastic

LogieJoeBean001
10-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
I was very proud of Wharton, they could have easily shut down. Especially, seeing that they were playing without Jamal Shelton. All year it has been the Jamal and Joel A. show, but Fri. other players had to step up and take ownership in this team, AND THEY DID!! Great job OL, Great Job KC Curtis, and PHYNON, great job D- FENCE!! Fantastic

True. true....so true

tigerpride_08
10-14-2006, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
True. true....so true

glad to see you back...:D

hata_hurta06
10-14-2006, 10:03 PM
great game

raider red 2000
10-15-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
glad to see you back...:D

me too :)

maestro
10-15-2006, 10:17 PM
a post from B40 !!!!

now we're talking football !!!!

neck_06
10-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by #9wharton tiger
YEAH MY BOYS DID WHAT THEY HAD TO LAST NIGHT. THEY PROVED THAT EVEN WITHOUT THEIR MAIN RECEIVER THEY CAN GET THE JOB DONE.....GET READY FOR STAFFORD!!!!CONGRATULATIONS

whats wrong with you jamail?

#9wharton tiger
10-16-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
whats wrong with you jamail?

A brooshire royal player dove into my leg and sprang my ankle real bad. I probably wont be back until the game against sweeny