10-14-2006, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Did Rio Hondo beat Progreso 64-0?:eek:
I was way off.:( Dang - they run up the score?? :p

SintonFan
10-14-2006, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Dang - they run up the score?? :p
It should have been 52-7. I am clairvoyant.:nerd: :p or at least i used to be...:(

Bull Butter
10-14-2006, 01:37 AM
It was 34-0 at halftime. Scored 30 points in the 2nd half, so you could probably say yes, they ran up the score for the 2nd week in a row.

Ray_BearKat
10-14-2006, 09:59 AM
from what i read in the Valley forum RH didn't intentionally run up the score, their second and third string were in for most of the 2nd half...a few touchdowns were given to them at the very end.

Their were also a few Progreso players ejected for their conduct/frustration...

Take it as you like...Johnny would probably clear this up if he could post.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-14-2006, 12:16 PM
Johnny 5 is registered, but has not posted yet. Wonder why?

footballgal
10-14-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
from what i read in the Valley forum RH didn't intentionally run up the score, their second and third string were in for most of the 2nd half...a few touchdowns were given to them at the very end.

Their were also a few Progreso players ejected for their conduct/frustration...

Take it as you like...Johnny would probably clear this up if he could post.

It's hard to really know, unless one was present, but it was posted, that Ontiveros didn't play, because his mom was in an accident also the following was also posted.

...And for those of you that said the starters only played the first half, that aint true...the first team came out a the start of the 4th quarter. That came from a friend of mine who coaches in Progreso who was also disgusted by Cavazos. He cares more about his team being ranked than his integrity.

and the following came from johnny 5; and this sounds about right to me.

The whole game RH was putting in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string on a rotation. The last time the 1st string went in was at the beginning of the fourth. The drive stalled, Progreso got the ball, did nothing, we got the ball and had our 2nd and 3rd string in the rest of the game. We scored with them in as well. The score at the half was something to the tune of 42-0. During the third, Progreso gave up 9 points in 10 seconds (a safety and the ensuing free kick was returned for a TD).

Johnny 5
10-17-2006, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
Johnny 5 is registered, but has not posted yet. Wonder why?

I finally got activated! I would have posted sooner, but never recieved my activation email until awhile ago.

Anyways

The score was not intentionally run up. What can you do when your 2nd and 3rd string are scoring? You can't very well lie down and look at the stars everytime you get the ball, to try and "save" the other team. It is their job to stop you. If they cannot stop your sub-starters, all is lost. :)

The 1st string went in at the beginning of the 4th, but was replaced when the drive stalled for RH then Progreso. That looks bad having your 1st string in like that, but you have to realize that the 2nd and 3rd string were in in the first quarter as well. They were on a near constant rotation, except for the 4th quarter, where the 1st string only went in at the beginning.

Bull Butter
10-17-2006, 11:04 PM
I understand Rio Hondo's starting QB was throwing TD passes in the final 30 seconds of a 53-7 win over Brownsville St. Joseph. Is that not running up the score?

Johnny 5
10-18-2006, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
I finally got activated! I would have posted sooner, but never recieved my activation email until awhile ago.

Anyways

The score was not intentionally run up. What can you do when your 2nd and 3rd string are scoring? You can't very well lie down and look at the stars everytime you get the ball, to try and "save" the other team. It is their job to stop you. If they cannot stop your sub-starters, all is lost. :)

The 1st string went in at the beginning of the 4th, but was replaced when the drive stalled for RH then Progreso. That looks bad having your 1st string in like that, but you have to realize that the 2nd and 3rd string were in in the first quarter as well. They were on a near constant rotation, except for the 4th quarter, where the 1st string only went in at the beginning.

That's called payback. And payback's a . . . well, you know. If you would have seen the game, you would've understood.

Oh, and it was to the 2nd and 3rd string recievers. He was the only starter in.