PDA

View Full Version : Columbus 1-2 vs. Rice 3-0....

Speed24
09-15-2003, 07:35 PM
Voice ya'lls opinions

Pudlugger
09-15-2003, 07:41 PM
Rice 35
Columbus 7

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-15-2003, 07:42 PM
Rice 50+
Columbus 14

Gobbla2001
09-15-2003, 07:45 PM
I've always had great respect for those Cardinals and enjoyed playing such a class program in my high school days, but I'm afraid it could get ugly...

Specklebelly
09-15-2003, 09:55 PM
Its funny how things turn around. Columbus whipped Rice for about 15 years in a row and was rarely, if ever concerned about the annual matchup. In the 21st century though, the shoe is on the other foot. Columbus is really down this year. I feel Rice is prone to let Columbus hang in there simply because they are looking ahead to Bellville next week. Rice wins easily.

<small>[ September 15, 2003, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Specklebelly ]</small>

Brahma73
09-15-2003, 10:01 PM
The Cards will really have to slow this game down. They'll need to win the field position battle and really tackle well. On paper, this is a blow-out. Rice brings experience, hunger and talent. C-town won last week against a not-too-strong Luling squad. This week they'll be facing speed as they did against Wharton. They have a tough time in that arena.
I've got very close connections in Columbus ISD administration, but I expect a lop-sided Raider win.

Gobbla2001
09-15-2003, 10:09 PM
First off, tackle the runners straight up... If you go down low on 'em they're gunna hurdle you... These Raiders are beyond athletes...

Once you stop their run a couple of times, they're gunna throw it, and they do it well... Once they throw it on you, expect one of the best traps you've ever seen to be ran...

Didn't see the 'best' special teams 'return' group in the Raiders, but their kick-off coverage is scary... They push you out of the way as if you were a branch hanging down in the middle of a trail and then break down for the tackle...

They're a nightmare to have to play...

Raiders4state
09-15-2003, 11:28 PM
If the Raiders don't come into this game with that machine running then the Cardinals might get on the board early but don't expect that. The Raiders will be ready to play and will not back down any so Speed24 get ready. You may be fast but football is more than just speed. Raiders all the way!

Gobbla2001
09-15-2003, 11:52 PM
Oh, about the only other weekness I saw in the Raiders was their PAT blocking... We almost had about two blocked extra points (didn't lay out) and blocked two others... Their left side was the weekest, but the second block came through the middle and was taken back about 40 yards...

But that's about all of the weekness you'll find (unless I can think of something else)...

Pretty much, when you see this team, you think to yourself "Man, there's not a player on that team that doesn't belong in the position that he's in"... The puzzle's pretty much together...

Bellville22
09-16-2003, 12:18 AM
Rice 52, Columbus 6

No reason, just a shot in the dark.