District303aPastPlayer
10-13-2006, 11:04 PM
FInal

manormustangs
10-13-2006, 11:05 PM
them panthers are good i mean reallly good

htowntransplant
10-13-2006, 11:12 PM
two threads on this score....i like aarons more. :)

Chris Hart
10-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Way to go Panthers!:clap:

LHMom
10-14-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by manormustangs
them panthers are good i mean reallly good

There was a local radio station broadcasting the game, and I heard they went on and on about Liberty Hill being "unbelievable." Seems just a short time ago LH was nobody and now they're being touted as "A Powerhouse."

GO CATS!

The next two weeks should be great hype for the LH Hutto matchup. Both teams have much to prove...

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
There was a local radio station broadcasting the game, and I heard they went on and on about Liberty Hill being "unbelievable." Seems just a short time ago LH was nobody and now they're being touted as "A Powerhouse."

I think maybe 7-10 years ago "unbelievable" might've come up, just not with the same meaning. ;)

hutex04
10-14-2006, 11:34 PM
how long you think that coach of yours will stay at Liberty Hill. Im sure some local 4a and 5a schools would love to have him. Yes, I remember my freshman year we played Liberty Hill losing 16-8 i beleive. They went 5-5 that year. Ever since than they have been very impressive. Last 5 years

LHMom
10-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
how long you think that coach of yours will stay at Liberty Hill. Im sure some local 4a and 5a schools would love to have him.

I've heard that Vance plans to retire at LH, but I don't know how far off that would be. I think there is a huge risk of losing Walker, the Offensive Coordinator. He's young and has a long coaching career ahead of him, and rumor is he has had plenty of offers from other schools.

Hutex04 (did you graduate in '04?) - that means you played against my oldest son! He was an '04 grad. Actually - if you played in the '03 season, both my boys were on the varsity that year. :)

VWG
10-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
I've heard that Vance plans to retire at LH, but I don't know how far off that would be. I think there is a huge risk of losing Walker, the Offensive Coordinator. He's young and has a long coaching career ahead of him, and rumor is he has had plenty of offers from other schools.

Hutex04 (did you graduate in '04?) - that means you played against my oldest son! He was an '04 grad. Actually - if you played in the '03 season, both my boys were on the varsity that year. :)

Usually a lower classification coach will want to move up to a larger school for the increase in pay. Not all the time, but I would say the majority of coaches who move up in classification get a pretty decent pay raise. Remember... the teachers retirement plan is what you're making at the last few years of your career.
LH's coach wanting to retire in LH is great. He has built the program up to a winning tradition and if he wants to stay I am sure the school board is ok with that. The temptation is taking the 4A/5A job at about $15 to $20k more per year.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Usually a lower classification coach will want to move up to a larger school for the increase in pay. Not all the time, but I would say the majority of coaches who move up in classification get a pretty decent pay raise. Remember... the teachers retirement plan is what you're making at the last few years of your career.
LH's coach wanting to retire in LH is great. He has built the program up to a winning tradition and if he wants to stay I am sure the school board is ok with that. The temptation is taking the 4A/5A job at about $15 to $20k more per year.

is he the one calling the plays on offense? sounds like off. cord. is maybe hc potential.

LHMom
10-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Yes, as I understand it, Walker calls all the offensive plays. Vance calls defensive plays.

Old Tiger
10-15-2006, 08:28 PM
574 rushing yards. I don't think a team has ever put up that many on a tigers team.

LHPfactory
10-16-2006, 07:10 AM
I was not able to go to Rockdale for the game, however, I heard that Cody put a good lick on the Tigers QB and the Rockdale super grabbed him (Cody) and yelled at him following the play.... Anyone know anything about that ??????

firstcat
10-16-2006, 07:50 AM
Cody hit the QB and sent him for a loop...apparently the Rockdale school official (who had come over to our sidelines when the referree was injured, and never left) came up behind him and slapped him on the back. When Cody turned around, the man grabbed him with both hands,got in his face and told him that he'd never play football around here again. Apparently the QB was his son or something (according to talk). Anyway, Cody pushed away from the man's grasp and that's when the LH adults on the sidelines stepped in.

wimbo_pro
10-16-2006, 09:19 AM
If he physically grabbed Cody, there should be charges filed on that idiot. There is no place for that kind of action by an adult, not to mention a school official.

By the way, was it a cheap/late shot or just a good hit? It wouldnt matter to me regarding the adults actions, just want to know. I would find it hard to believe Cody would take a cheap shot...late shots happen.

Johnny Utah
10-16-2006, 10:00 AM
Sad to say but LH and Rockdale have had problems in the past. Heated encounters to put it simply. Were not allowed to play each other for a couple of years because of it. Hope what was typed did not happen.

LHPfactory
10-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
If he physically grabbed Cody, there should be charges filed on that idiot. There is no place for that kind of action by an adult, not to mention a school official.

By the way, was it a cheap/late shot or just a good hit? It wouldnt matter to me regarding the adults actions, just want to know. I would find it hard to believe Cody would take a cheap shot...late shots happen.

I asked a friend of mine who went and he said it was a good hit (during play). He said it was a super hard hit (which happens in football) but fair and during play.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Interesting.....I was at the entire game, and I didn't see any late hits, they all looked clean to me.

Darren
10-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
574 rushing yards. I don't think a team has ever put up that many on a tigers team.

I'm sure that it has been done before. I mean it is Rockdale.

Just kidding Tiger.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-16-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Darren

Just kidding Tiger.
:mad:

Ranger Mom
10-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Late shot, cheap shot...whatever. That man had no right to put his hands on a kid from another team...for any reason.

I guess they can be glad he didn't run out on the field and tackle him like that man in California(or wherever it was) did at that pee wee game.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Late shot, cheap shot...whatever. That man had no right to put his hands on a kid from another team...for any reason.

I guess they can be glad he didn't run out on the field and tackle him like that man in California(or wherever it was) did at that pee wee game.

If it were anyone, it would have been the principal, seeing as how his son was the second team QB and was in towards the end of the game about the time that hit occured out of bounds.....That is only speculation, it would have had to have happened no sooner than 7:00 left in the game. I really wouldn't see the principal doing that, though, in his defense.

87 TIGER
10-16-2006, 12:17 PM
I was at the entire game and never saw LH with a late or cheap shot and in return never saw anybody school official or not put thier hands on any player. The ref was hurt early in 1st quarter his son went into game late 4th quarter. I dont see any reason for him to be on LH sidelines for that long. Personally I dont believe that & truely hope it didn't

aggie09
10-16-2006, 12:50 PM
The truth is the tiger qb was hit late after he had thrown the ball. On film you can see the ball is nearly in the endzone when the qb was hit. So there was a cheap shot.

Also the high school official, got the LH player off the rockdale player. All that was said get off of him guys. Nothing was said directly to a player. He certainly never grabbed him with both hands, got in his face and told him that he'd never play football around here again. That's ludicrous...

All people are trying to do is start something up-it was an innocent. And should not be blown out of proportion.

Wake up and worry about something that is worth caring about. And this incident is nothing to worry about, b/c nothing at all happend

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
I was at the entire game and never saw LH with a late or cheap shot and in return never saw anybody school official or not put thier hands on any player. The ref was hurt early in 1st quarter his son went into game late 4th quarter. I dont see any reason for him to be on LH sidelines for that long. Personally I dont believe that & truely hope it didn't

I agree. Sanders is too smart to do something stupid like that.

firstcat
10-16-2006, 04:09 PM
It was a legit hit. Cody flew with all his momentum and really nailed him. They then both flew out of bounds.

I think, from what I understand, there was a great deal of back pedaling and apologizing (or attempting to) after the game. I am quite sure that the man realized the error of his ways once the heat of the moment passed.

aggie09
10-16-2006, 04:15 PM
so your tellin me that the game film we've seen is wrong? come on bud

firstcat
10-16-2006, 04:18 PM
There were two referees injured during this game. The first one took place at the beginning of the 1st quarter, and the other was later in the second half, on LH sidelines, and he laid there for about 2 1/2 minutes with his head on the track.

If you had paid attention to the game, you would have seen that.

As for nothing being said, I'll take the word of the three individuals who were actually in the confrontation, as opposed to "after-game" gossip.

The issue was resolved, and this post and all previous, were in response to a question earlier in the thread. Nobody is trying to start anything...this is, after all, a conversation forum.

Old Tiger
10-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Darren

Just kidding Tiger. Not even the dreaded Giddings attack :p