Giddings 13 La Grange 12

hutex04
10-13-2006, 10:48 PM
impressive. La Grange looking great this year

buffpride
10-13-2006, 11:04 PM
Final Giddings 20 LG 12.

Hats off to LG, they came to play ball.

On a serious note, one of their players was taken by ambulance from the field in the 1st quarter. Keep this player in your prayers. Hope all turns out well. If someone has info, please keep us posted.

Good luck LG for the remaider of your season.

manormustangs
10-13-2006, 11:04 PM
final score giddings 20 lagrange 12..........i take back what i said about lagrange they are one heck of a team.....and they will go deep in the playoffs..........there offence is good and were leading at halftime....but giddings came out hungry and shut down lagrange offence in the second half......i give lagrange all the credit in the world......its been a long time since la grange been good all the way back from ty gunn of tcu.......

hookandladder
10-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by buffpride
Final Giddings 20 LG 12.

Hats off to LG, they came to play ball.

On a serious note, one of their players was taken by ambulance from the field in the 1st quarter. Keep this player in your prayers. Hope all turns out well. If someone has info, please keep us posted.

Good luck LG for the remaider of your season.

LG players will be fine, heard he had a stinger. One question for Former, Bull and Saber- Is Giddings overrated or is La Grange underrated.
I would say La Grange is defintely better than most would give them credit for. You guy's might be able to learn something from Pud, you defintely blew this game.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Way to play tough La Grange.

Pudlugger
10-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Head's high Leps, you came so close. On to Caldwell. Good effort.:clap:

LHS PRIDE
10-13-2006, 11:35 PM
Great game guys, great town support as well, don' look at the negative things that occurred in the game, but what ya'll brought to the game. La Grange is very PROUD of ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!

LHS PRIDE
10-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Hey Buffpride, thanks for the compliment. It was a great High School Football Game. Good Luck to the BUFFS.

44INAROW
10-13-2006, 11:40 PM
Sounds like the Leopards gave Giddings a great ball game....... not quite what some folks East of La Grange were predicting...... :)

Pudlugger
10-14-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by manormustangs
final score giddings 20 lagrange 12..........i take back what i said about lagrange they are one heck of a team.....and they will go deep in the playoffs..........there offence is good and were leading at halftime....but giddings came out hungry and shut down lagrange offence in the second half......i give lagrange all the credit in the world......its been a long time since la grange been good all the way back from ty gunn of tcu.......

Thanks ManorMustang. The Leps fell a little short tonight but they should move on to make some statements.

Bull's-eye
10-14-2006, 01:03 AM
Congratulations to Giddings, but hats off to La Grange.

cdlvj
10-14-2006, 07:39 AM
The 13/12 was what was reported on kxan Austin TV

Pudlugger
10-14-2006, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by cdlvj
The 13/12 was what was reported on kxan Austin TV

Jarmon the big tailback broke a tackle and went 50 yards for a td late in the third period. Two Leps looked like they had him after a 7 yard gain but one of them tried to pry the ball loose and that enabled him to break loose for the td. I bet the coaches are going to be unhappy with the film on that play along with the missed tackle at the 10 yardline on Fitzhenry that led to the 90 yard td gallop. Other than these two missed tackles the Lep defense had Giddings tied up pretty well all night. Shows how explosive the Buffs are. :(

Bull19
10-14-2006, 09:47 AM
GOOD GAME BY THE LEPS,,, BUT A WIN IS A WIN AND THEY LOST. I DO ADMIT IT WAS ALOT CLOSER THAN I AND MANY OTHERS PREDICTED. BELLVILLE MIGHT HAVE THEIR HANDS FULL AGAINST THEM. HEARD GIDDINGS CAME OUT REALLY FLAT THOUGH. I THINK THIER 99.9% OFFENSIVE RUNNING SCEME MIGHT FINALLY BE CATCHING UP TO THEM. HOWEVER I DO TIP MY HAT TO THE LEPS.

I HEARD THE LEPS HAD LIKE 9 OR 10 IN THE BOX, DID THAT ADJUSTMENT HAVE A BIG EFFECT IN STOPPING THE RUN?

Bull's-eye
10-14-2006, 10:07 AM
Any stats on the game?

After watching Navasota play, I don't think they will make the playoffs. Giddings, Bellville, LG and Caldwell will battle for those 3 playoffs spots.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-14-2006, 12:06 PM
How is Hunt from La Grange looking this season? He wears #8, if memory serves me correctly.

Pudlugger
10-14-2006, 12:24 PM
He hasn't been utilized much in the past couple of games. He has done well on defense and made some good receptions on short routes. He may become more of a factor now that we're in district. The Lep running game has been very effective and the OC has pretty much gone to a ball conrtrol strategy. It almost worked last night except for the two long td runs that gave the Buffs the victory.

buffpride
10-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Pudlugger, what in the heck kind of offense did LG open the game with? And why did LG stop running it? It has us on our heels! In all my years of football, I have never seen such a setup!

Pudlugger
10-14-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by buffpride
Pudlugger, what in the heck kind of offense did LG open the game with? And why did LG stop running it? It has us on our heels! In all my years of football, I have never seen such a setup!

Yeah, I expected the Coaches would have some surprises in store for the big game but I didn't expect that. It is a variation of the spread. Sort of a radical west coast offense I think. It worked in the first quarter but the Giddings D adjusted in the 4th when the Leps were trying to get back into the game. Pretty exciting game eh? Good luck the rest of the way.

Gobbla2001
10-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
BELLVILLE MIGHT HAVE THEIR HANDS FULL AGAINST THEM.

I say LG by 12, so yah, hands full...

buffpride
10-14-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Yeah, I expected the Coaches would have some surprises in store for the big game but I didn't expect that. It is a variation of the spread. Sort of a radical west coast offense I think. It worked in the first quarter but the Giddings D adjusted in the 4th when the Leps were trying to get back into the game. Pretty exciting game eh? Good luck the rest of the way.

I will be honest with you, I didn't expect ya'll to be able to hang with us. The Leps, fans and players, were in Giddings to win a football game. It was an absolute nailbiter on our side of the field. I think our crowd was a little stunned the first half.

The Buffs you saw last night, was not the Buffs that have played 5 other games. I don't know if they underestimated LG or not but it sure appeared that way.

IMO, I wish we would do away with the BYE week, b/c it seems to me that we always come out flat.

Enjoyed the game and Good Luck Leps!

buffpride
10-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

Agreed!! LG earned my respect. They could be a handfull for Bellville, Caldwell, and Navasota.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Sounds to me like the Leopards are back.

Bull's-eye
10-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Key game for LG next week when they play Caldwell. A win would keep them in the mix for the playoffs and give them the tie-breaker over Caldwell. A loss would most likely put them 2 games behind the top 3 teams and give the Hornets the tie-breaker advantage. I believe it will take at least a 3-2 record in this district to make the playoffs.

Bull's-eye
10-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Any stats on the game?

I would like to see the numbers. Did LG's defense slow down the Buffs 400+ yards rushing offense? Heard that LG played 9-10 players in the box, did Giddings try to throw against this defense?

EAGLETOWN
10-16-2006, 11:46 AM
I told you I would be back.

I was wrong on this one.

The Lep really came to play.

I think the off week Giddings had hurt them, but no excuses the Leps played a good game and gave the Buffs an eye opener.

Congrats to them and best of luck the rest of the season.

Oh yeah what was that address BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END.

KL3
10-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

Very doutbfull. Bellville actually has the ability to pass the ball. If LG tries to stack the box like they did with Giddings, Brandon Harris will have a field day.

Darren
10-16-2006, 11:55 AM
I think that district is looking like Giddings, Bellville and La Grange but not in that order.

Pudlugger
10-16-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Very doutbfull. Bellville actually has the ability to pass the ball. If LG tries to stack the box like they did with Giddings, Brandon Harris will have a field day.

KL3 did you see the game? LG was using the 4-4-3 and 3-4-4 for all but short yardage plays when they put in #64 Rabbs 320 lb OL as nose in a 5 man down set. True the lbs blitzed and filled all night but they knew Giddings would not throw the ball. The Leps will defend the pass against a balanced offense like Bellville. You don't think the DC is not going to prepare differently for Bellville do you? When Bellville plays Giddings they will "stack the box' as well. To do otherwise would be foolish with Jarmon and Fitzhenry.

Gobbla2001
10-16-2006, 12:20 PM
In the scrimmage against Cuero LG had a pretty good pass defense, I think we busted one on them but they covered the short passing game and the deep passing game pretty well I thought...

great turnaround from last year, no doubt...

KL3
10-16-2006, 12:40 PM
Pud, you don't have to lecture me on how Bellville will defense Giddings. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I think they will probably do what every other team will do against them this season, which is bring a few more guys closer to the LOS. I think that is pretty obvious. I like the adjustments the Bellville coaches have made with the defense as they have been giving up a little over 3 yars a carry on the season.

LG hasn't faced a WR like Harris this year, and yes I've seen tape on the Cuero WR's. Your coaches will double team him with some sort of bracket coverage, and then Bellville will rely on RB/WR Chaney, TE Hoffman, and WR Ledbetter to take the pressure off of him. Nothing reallly earth shattering there. And just like every other game, Bellville will go as far as QB O'Connor will take them. He's been improving week to week so that is good news for Bellville fans.

Pudlugger
10-16-2006, 06:59 PM
This will be a very exciting game as both teams will be charged up. Right now it is difficult to say too much about the Bulls when a do or die game awaits the Leps with Caldwell. Caldwell wants it bad and they will come to La Grange ready to play.

Giddings didn't throw a pass on the Leps. They could have put 10 in the box. Stop the run and Bellville can win against Giddings. The Lep D gave up two long tds, otherwise they held them to about 130 yards total offense, all on the ground. That's the problem though, they can break the long runs any time. You have to stop them on every down. The Buff ground game is impressive.

This game is history. Time to think about Caldwell.

herewego
10-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
This will be a very exciting game as both teams will be charged up. Right now it is difficult to say too much about the Bulls when a do or die game awaits the Leps with Caldwell. Caldwell wants it bad and they will come to La Grange ready to play.

Giddings didn't throw a pass on the Leps. They could have put 10 in the box. Stop the run and Bellville can win against Giddings. The Lep D gave up two long tds, otherwise they held them to about 130 yards total offense, all on the ground. That's the problem though, they can break the long runs any time. You have to stop them on every down. The Buff ground game is impressive.

This game is history. Time to think about Caldwell.

Dude, you're wasting a lot of energy on Caldwell. Don't you get it? Their entire offense is wiped out. If LG loses this game, they should be ashamed.

Be Very Ashamed !

Bull19
10-16-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by herewego
Dude, you're wasting a lot of energy on Caldwell. Don't you get it? Their entire offense is wiped out. If LG loses this game, they should be ashamed.

Be Very Ashamed !

IT TAKES 11 TO MAKE AN OFFENSE

herewego
10-16-2006, 07:26 PM
yea, and in Caldwell that's three freshman, four sophomores, three juniors and a senior after injuries

Bull19
10-16-2006, 07:32 PM
SO YOUR SAYING THEIRS A CHANCE

herewego
10-16-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
SO YOUR SAYING THEIRS A CHANCE

"More like one in a million"
- Dumb and Dumber