10-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Ingleside 17-6 at the half.

big daddy russ
10-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Ingleside 38
AP 12

Final

My thoughts on the game:

Score is deceiving. It was a close game until halfway through the fourth, when the Mustangs finally put it away.

When Ingleside's offense is clicking, they're easily a top-15 team. When they're not, they're an average team at best. Great talent, amazing speed (every bit as fast as 4A Huntsville High), and their defense (particularly pass defense) is better than their offense. I saw at least four guys who should wind up playing college ball on scholarships. Junior QB/S Josh Coffield is a hell of an athlete. Already has letters from a couple of schools in Georgia and Columbia University (Ivy League... equivalent of D-IAA). WR Zack Adams is easily a D-II player, maybe even D-IAA, and so is battery mate Joel Johnson. DE/LB/DT/I-have-no-idea-where-they're-gonna-put-him-on-any-given-play Justin Chambers is a D-II type. Good bloodlines, big and quick as hell. Probably runs a 4.9 at around 230-240 lbs (???). His older brother starts for Texas Luteran, even got on at Texas State for a year before transferring back for PT. Younger brother could definitely wind up at a place like Texas A&M-Kingsville.

AP: has as much or more raw talent than Ingleside, it's just not not showing on their record. Both RBs are studs (both are better than our starter), they have a HUGE QB who's an amazing athlete for a big guy. Plays safety on defense. Has an above-average arm with good accuracy, but had some trouble with his reads. They have one receiver (#2) who's pretty tall (probably somewhere in the 6'3" range) with amazingly soft hands. Unfortunately, the only time we got to see them was in pregame warmups. As far as I remember, he didn't catch a pass the whole game.

AP's team was big, and their line was no exception. When they were playing with heart, they pushed us around pretty good. Problem was, there were too many peaks and valleys.

Overall, fun game to watch. IHS Fan, Fish's Mom, and htowntransplant... nice meeting you all. 303a, Izz, it's always fun.

Good luck the rest of the way, Panthers. You really do have a hell of a team.

District303aPastPlayer
10-13-2006, 11:09 PM
#88 from AP is a great cover corner, if he would just TURN AROUND... the kid had the opportunity for about 2-4 picks all night... and never turned...

Green Hill, #7, RB for AP... probably one of the best runners in the district/area. Reminds me of Shaddrick Harris and Marcus Charles, the kid is an absolute STUD.

htowntransplant
10-13-2006, 11:11 PM
i thought AP's defense played very well first qtr. their DB's were making some very good plays and had like 2 picks in the first qtr on extremely good man to man coverage. after the first qtr, they coulda easily had at least 2 more INTs if the DB's woulda turned and looked at the ball. that was also why they were pinged for pass interference...the guy didnt turn to play the ball in the endzone. AP's tailback looked pretty darn good.

by the way, i dont care if he was kicking with the wind, the ingleside kicker can boot!! it wasnt just the wind either because u can hear the sound of the foot striking the ball and it was some good solid pounding.

i think the o-lineman for AP # 77 i think.....that guy was freaking HUGE!!