View Full Version : Hutto/ Cameron updates

hutex04
10-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Halftime Hutto 13
Cameron Yoe 7
looks like another great game between these two

SWMustang
10-13-2006, 08:28 PM
the yoe are hard to figure out. I thought Hutto would be crushing them by halftime

29-3aFAN
10-13-2006, 10:05 PM
Any updates since?

hutex04
10-13-2006, 10:11 PM
33-14 final, hutto wins

theyoefnshow
10-13-2006, 10:57 PM
a very strange team indeed. At 13-7 at half, Cameron could've scored on opening possession to take it 14-13. Instead a lowline punt gave the Hippos the ball at around the Yoe 30 (give or take)and Hutto made another TD. On the kickoff, Cameron fumbled again at the 25 so and Hutto once again capitalized. Hutto's final TD came on ANOTHER blocked put that went straight up into the air and when it came down, a Hippo caught it IN the endzone. Hutto got 3 scores and didn't even have to travel 60 yards. Our special teams absolutely killed us tonight. NOT taking anything away from the Hippos but we did ourselves no favors.

hutex04
10-13-2006, 11:16 PM
good win for Hutto. Liberty Hill put up a crap load of points again tonight. They maybe the team to beat this yearh in 18 3a.

theyoefnshow
10-13-2006, 11:24 PM
they may be.....Almost forgot, congrats on the win Hutto.

As for LH....on the Rockdale radio station.....they said LH still had most of their starting defense on at the end of the game??? WTH??

hutex04
10-13-2006, 11:30 PM
I really dont like Liberty Hill and they are the one team I really want hutto to win. But I respect them and they have a great football team. You have to have a great D to even get close to stopping Liberty Hill. The D (liberty hills) seems to give up alot of points tho, but thats probably cause the offense scores so fast that the defense doesnt get to rest long. But overall Liberty Hill has been the most impressive team thus far amongst the district teams.

ILS1
10-13-2006, 11:43 PM
Hutto's defense pretty much shut down Cameron most of the night. Cameron scored on a long 70 yard TD pass because of miscommunication between the DB's right before halftime. Then had a long kickoff return after Hutto went up 33-7 all the way to the Hutto 26 yard line and scored from there. Cameron didn't get their first 1st down of the 2nd half until about 8 minutes left in the game. Brian Scott is a great athlete and he was practically carrying the team on his back!!! I told everyone it was gonna be closer than everyone was predicting. Good luck to the Yoe the rest of the year!!

hutex04
10-13-2006, 11:47 PM
I was surprised it was a low scoring game for Cameron. After giving up 28 points to Caldwell. I thought this game would be in the 30s=40s point range for both teams

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2006, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by hutex04
I really dont like Liberty Hill
What's not to like? :confused: :confused:

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2006, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
As for LH....on the Rockdale radio station.....they said LH still had most of their starting defense on at the end of the game??? WTH??
I'm more than happy to answer this. Our second string defense is comprised of a large number of our starting offense. I've still yet to figure out who all our defensive "true" starters are because there are guys who switch out quite frequently all throughout the game....DB's and safeties, mainly I think, but also tackle position I think. I tried to count them the other day, and came up with 14 or 15 that I "count" as starters. :doh:

HipposGitErDun
10-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
a very strange team indeed. At 13-7 at half, Cameron could've scored on opening possession to take it 14-13. Instead a lowline punt gave the Hippos the ball at around the Yoe 30 (give or take)and Hutto made another TD. On the kickoff, Cameron fumbled again at the 25 so and Hutto once again capitalized. Hutto's final TD came on ANOTHER blocked put that went straight up into the air and when it came down, a Hippo caught it IN the endzone. Hutto got 3 scores and didn't even have to travel 60 yards. Our special teams absolutely killed us tonight. NOT taking anything away from the Hippos but we did ourselves no favors.

How could Cameron have scored on the first possession of the second half when they lost 15 yards and punted from inside the 20? I normally do not consider that "could've" scored. They had a much better chance of scoring a safety for Hutto than they did of scoring a touchdown for themselves.

While Cameron did not have a very good night with their special teams, Hutto completely dominated the game. While we only had 327 yards, that is quite a few considering the short fields we had to work with. I do not think Cameron stopped us one time, but we did kill ourselves with holding penalties. I am in Dallas, and do not have all of the stats available, but we had to average over 5 yards rushing. Camerons QB is VERY good, but the YOE were no match for the Hippos on Friday.

hutex04
10-14-2006, 12:45 PM
we are 0-6 vs your panthers mom, thats why i dont like yall haha. But yall are a great team :D