PDA

View Full Version : Question about small stadiums

injuredinmelee
10-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Ok here is my thoughts on the situation with Wylie and Clyde when they play at Clyde.

The Clyde bleachers are nto near big enough for the Wylie crowd. Thats fine some schools dont have big stadiums. Here is my problem:

I understand that the band is a big part of the game experience. Wylie has an unnaturally large band. The band takes up a large percentage of the seats in th stands. Why cant those seats be saved for paying customers. these kids end up standing up the entire game anyways and unlike me they are in much better shape to be standing for 3 hours.

99IHSMustang
10-13-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Ok here is my thoughts on the situation with Wylie and Clyde when they play at Clyde.

The Clyde bleachers are nto near big enough for the Wylie crowd. Thats fine some schools dont have big stadiums. Here is my problem:

I understand that the band is a big part of the game experience. Wylie has an unnaturally large band. The band takes up a large percentage of the seats in th stands. Why cant those seats be saved for paying customers. these kids end up standing up the entire game anyways and unlike me they are in much better shape to be standing for 3 hours.

My advice... Get in better shape!..... :D

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2006, 02:27 PM
We have had that problem here a time or twelve. Generally when we're anticipating a rather large crowd, we bring in some temporary stands for the bands and/or part of the crowd.

CHS_CG
10-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
We have had that problem here a time or twelve. Generally when we're anticipating a rather large crowd, we bring in some temporary stands for the bands and/or part of the crowd.

thats the best thing to do..

eagles_victory
10-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
thats the best thing to do.. make the color guard stand

44INAROW
10-13-2006, 02:35 PM
When Cuero played in Bandera this year, Bandera brought in chairs and put them at the left of the visitors stadium and the band/drill team sat there. Seemed to work out OK

pero chato
10-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

In years past, Clyde ISD administrators have done that for the Wylie crowd. It has helped a lot, but still leaves Rick and I standing. One year I went two hours early and got a good seat.

Blastoderm55
10-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Just put the band on the track and setup some chairs for them. Its what we had to do when we played in Orange Grove.

injuredinmelee
10-13-2006, 03:20 PM
there is no track and sittign oin the front row you are literally less than 10 yds from the sideline.

Ray_BearKat
10-13-2006, 03:28 PM
before we upgraded stadiums...the band used to have a setup of chairs on the track facing the stands so more people could sit. worked pretty good for us...:)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-13-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Just put the band on the track and setup some chairs for them. Its what we had to do when we played in Orange Grove.

yep thats what they do when we play in OG and taft. last time in OG they even let Sinton have a section in OG side:) , but dont think they let us have a section this time around.

Adidas410s
10-13-2006, 03:38 PM
SPARE THE RICK, SPOIL THE BAND!!! :mad:

Plus...they contribute to the game...Rickadamus just gets mad so he can call in Chuck to "do his thing!" ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
SPARE THE RICK, SPOIL THE BAND!!! :mad:

Plus...they contribute to the game...

But Rick is a paying customer:) and customers are the boss:cool:

Adidas410s
10-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
But Rick is a paying customer:) and customers are the boss:cool:

people come to see the band! Thus...they have attracted more revenue than Rick...unless we count his running tab at the Wylie concessions! ;)

Phil C
10-13-2006, 03:51 PM
The good news is that two years ago a teacher in Orange Grove told me that their next project is to get a bigger and better stadium. :)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
The good news is that two years ago a teacher in Orange Grove told me that their next project is to get a bigger and better stadium. :)
wonder where those plans went too.:D , think it went to the new school they build and guess nothing was left for the football staduim.

STANG RED
10-13-2006, 05:36 PM
This is too easy Rick. Listen to the 1st half on the radio. Go in after 1/2 time is over so you wont have to be a paying customer anymore. The band always has the 3rd quarter off, so you can set in their seats till the 4th. Stand during the 4th quarter only, and you'll be closer to the gate for an easy exit with a minute or two left. Wylie should be up by about 30 at this time, so you really wont be missing anything. Also, Clyde may have a sorry stadium, but they have some of the best conccessions I have ever seen at a high school game, so it's not all bad.

Emerson1
10-13-2006, 05:41 PM
At copperas cove, their band sits on the visitors side. The homeside is sold out, while for most games there is plenty of room on the visitors.

STANG RED
10-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
At copperas cove, their band sits on the visitors side. The homeside is sold out, while for most games there is plenty of room on the visitors.

That's the way we used to do it at Sweetwater, but some of the other district teams got their panties all in a wad about it a few years back, so they had to be moved to the home side.

Emerson1
10-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
That's the way we used to do it at Sweetwater, but some of the other district teams got their panties all in a wad about it a few years back, so they had to be moved to the home side.
Were the other teams bringing a big crowd? Unless the space was needed for their crowd, or the band would yell and stuff. What were they complaining about?