PDA

View Full Version : Ps3 (nf)

99IHSMustang
10-13-2006, 12:48 PM
I got mine on pre-reserve through gamestop. Anyone else lucky enough to get one? I read that they sold out of pre-reserve spots in like 30 mins after opening on Wednesday. I have to give kudos to my Girlfriend for ditching class (College) for 15 mins to reserve it for me. I am going to have to make it up somehow. :thinking:

AggieJohn
10-13-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
I got mine on pre-reserve through gamestop. Anyone else lucky enough to get one? I read that they sold out of pre-reserve spots in like 30 mins after opening on Wednesday. I have to give kudos to my Girlfriend for ditching class (College) for 15 mins to reserve it for me. I am going to have to make it up somehow. :thinking: take her to souper salad

99IHSMustang
10-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
take her to souper salad

I am thinking about taking her to the river walk in SA in December when they have all the pretty lights up everywhere. I think any woman would enjoy that.

SintonFan
10-13-2006, 12:52 PM
I got mine on pre-reserve through gamestop. Anyone else lucky enough to get one? I read that they sold out of pre-reserve spots in like 30 mins after opening on Wednesday. I have to give kudos to my Girlfriend for ditching class (College) for 15 mins to reserve it for me. I am going to have to make it up somehow. :thinking:
Are you nuts?:D $600 plus for a video game system? You must be die-hard.:eek:

big daddy russ
10-13-2006, 12:52 PM
take her to souper salad
ROFLMPWAO. I love reading your posts, AJ. Not many people "get" your sense of humor, but I love it.

And Izz, that's awesome. You might want to consider making a trip out of it. You should drive on up through Wimberley, then check out Fredericksburg. It's all beautiful during Christmastime.

Oh, and you going to be at the game tonight? I'm in town and I'll be there.

Txbroadcaster
10-13-2006, 12:53 PM
I will stick with my XBox 360

AggieJohn
10-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
ROFLMPWAO. I love reading your posts, AJ. Not many people "get" your sense of humor, but I love it.

And Izz, that's awesome. You might want to consider making a trip out of it. You should drive on up through Wimberley, then check out Fredericksburg. It's all beautiful during Christmastime.

Oh, and you going to be at the game tonight? I'm in town and I'll be there. dang, why couldn't i get an ingleside game tonight...stupid Tuloso Midway v. Rockport

SintonFan
10-13-2006, 12:56 PM
dang, why couldn't i get an ingleside game tonight...stupid Tuloso Midway v. Rockport
TM-Robstown.......RF-PLC....
I didn't "get it".

99IHSMustang
10-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Are you nuts?:D $600 plus for a video game system? You must be die-hard.:eek:

I am young... not married... no kids.. trust me I can afford it.

SintonFan
10-13-2006, 01:08 PM
I am young... not married... no kids.. trust me I can afford it.
My kids are clamoring for it but a new AC, brake work and new tile in the LR will set you back a couple grand. I'm waiting for the 360 to get below $300 for the Cadillac model.;)
Heck I bought the Xbox just last year. I'm a cheap sumbish...:D

99IHSMustang
10-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
My kids are clamoring for it but a new AC, brake work and new tile in the LR will set you back a couple grand. I'm waiting for the 360 to get below $300 for the Cadillac model.;)
Heck I bought the Xbox just last year. I'm a cheap sumbish...:D

lol.... that sucks
Get this I probably won't ever had to pay for car work ever again. My gf is working on getting her associates degree in Deisel mechanics. She is currently rebuilding her 65 mustang engine and transmission. She rocks!!!!

SintonFan
10-13-2006, 01:16 PM
lol.... that sucks
Get this I probably won't ever had to pay for car work ever again. My gf is working on getting her associates degree in Deisel mechanics. She is currently rebuilding her 65 mustang engine and transmission. She rocks!!!!
WOW!
Snap-on for Christmas. You da man.:(
:D

Adidas410s
10-13-2006, 01:30 PM
I had the ps2 the first week or so that it was out (won it at a graduation party actually! :) ) but I think I'm gonna wait on the PS3. One thing I've found is that I'm not playing NCAA like I used to. I haven't even logged 20 games onto my profile. In years past, I would log 300+ games between July and January. I also want to see how good NCAA 08 is on PS3. I know that graphically it will be solid but the 1st gen NCAA on 360 definitely lacked in gameplay AND they didn't have all the new stadiums built into the game. Those factors, combined with waiting on price to drop and seeing how well the Blu-ray technology is accepted, will effect when I buy one.

99IHSMustang
10-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I had the ps2 the first week or so that it was out (won it at a graduation party actually! :) ) but I think I'm gonna wait on the PS3. One thing I've found is that I'm not playing NCAA like I used to. I haven't even logged 20 games onto my profile. In years past, I would log 300+ games between July and January. I also want to see how good NCAA 08 is on PS3. I know that graphically it will be solid but the 1st gen NCAA on 360 definitely lacked in gameplay AND they didn't have all the new stadiums built into the game. Those factors, combined with waiting on price to drop and seeing how well the Blu-ray technology is accepted, will effect when I buy one.

My only concern is about the blue-ray technology. Single-layer disks can hold 25 GB of game data... that is sick. Dual-layer can hold 50 gb. I doubt most games that will come out in the next year will even take up past 10 gb. Can you imagine if a company were to be actually able to utilize 25 GB. That game will probably be pretty expensive considering the time and money spent putting it together.

TMer25
10-13-2006, 01:48 PM
My only concern is about the blue-ray technology. Single-layer disks can hold 25 GB of game data... that is sick. Dual-layer can hold 50 gb. I doubt most games that will come out in the next year will even take up past 10 gb. Can you imagine if a company were to be actually able to utilize 25 GB. That game will probably be pretty expensive considering the time and money spent putting it together.

Resistance: Fall of Man is using 22gb of the Blu Ray disc because it features an uncompressed LPCM audio track on it.

99IHSMustang
10-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
Resistance: Fall of Man is using 22gb of the Blu Ray disc because it features an uncompressed LPCM audio track on it.

I haven't done much audio compression, but logically audio that is uncompressed does not take up that much space. I personally do not believe it. I think they are advertising it becuase it is one of the first games to be launched with the PS3. I could understand if it was uncompressed video so that load times could be quicker.

TMer25
10-13-2006, 03:11 PM
I haven't done much audio compression, but logically audio that is uncompressed does not take up that much space. I personally do not believe it. I think they are advertising it becuase it is one of the first games to be launched with the PS3. I could understand if it was uncompressed video so that load times could be quicker.

Think about it like this. A cd with 2 channels ofuncompressed audio roughly is 650 mb, for 80 minutes. Now think about a game that is going to feature 8 channels of uncompressed audio, in 4 different languages (They aren't repressing it for other regions, so it will ship with 4 seperate audio tracks everywhere). The game features over an hour of in game cinemas with 8 channels of sound, and then you add in the sound files for gameplay, music, sound effects, in game dialog, you've taken up a big chunk of space.

It's one of the reasons the first batch of Blu Ray movies was so poorly reviewed. The uncompressed LPCM audio track was forcing them to overcompress the video portion of the BD 25 discs.

Bulldog_12
10-13-2006, 03:35 PM
I am gonna wait on it. Not only for the fact that I dont have $600 to spend, but also I want to give them time to work out any kinks. I remember when the 360 came out and they had some cases of over-heating and such. Onec the price comes down in about a year ill get it.:D