PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City vs Barbers Hill

Old Cardinal
11-09-2002, 08:15 PM
I just heard on KOGT radio that the two schools had agreed to play on Friday night, but a site has not been confirmed yet......I know everyone with a computer in Houston, Baytown and Barbers Hill has claimed a victory already.....I was looking at a few games and it was interesting to me (1.) Bridge City won over their Districts opponents in 2nd and 3rd spots, as follows: Orangefield 36-0 and Hardin 42-0 and Barbers Hill won over their Districts 2nd and 3rd-Coldspring 48-20 and Liberty 34-14. (2.) Barbers Hill lost to H-F 13-6 and Bridge City won 35-31 (3) Bridge City beat Liberty 30-8 and Barbers Hill won 34-14 over Liberty (4) Barbers Hill beat Anahuac 35-21 while Bridge City won last night 26-0.........Bridge City has sustained a high proportion of key injuries and that could be a factor; and both have been playing very well in the last few games. I think Bridge City is a 2 TD better ball club, having seen them both play several games this year. But I also know that Barbers Hill does have enough skill to pull and upset if Bridge City makes crucial mistakes. I should be a great ballgame,however, at this point, I respectfully believe Bridge City has the better team.

Matthew328
11-09-2002, 08:19 PM
One of the better games in 3A....both teams have excellent backs in Peebles for BC and for BH Carrington...the key I think will be QB play..both backs will get yards...but whichever QB plays better I think that team will get the win..for me my money is on Knight from BC...don't get me wrong..Northcutt is a good QB also..but I think Knight has the ability to beat you in the air or with his feet...I am pickin BC by 7

FBmania
11-09-2002, 08:35 PM
Old Card the game is at Stalworth in Baytown SAT. @ 7:OOPM. You can keep all the stats you want whatever makes you happy. But two touchdowns better, come on!! We'll just let'em strap it on and play the game. Early in the year we had injuries and inexperience. Now we're in better shape. I think it will be a good game. BH with the win of course. But I will not be rude and cocky and say by two TD's. But thanks for the bulletin board material. I hope it's a well played injury free game. SEE YA Saturday!!! :D :D :D

eye of the tiger
11-09-2002, 10:51 PM
Ill take Bridge City by 10. The Cardinals are tough anytime, but real tough in the playoffs. Good luck Old Card and thanks for the kind words you wrote the other day. I appreciate your input and knowledge of the game.

RBARKER
11-09-2002, 11:23 PM
After Saturday we will see who the better team is. If you beleive BC's QB is Better than BH's then I would advise you look at the stats. BH's attack is more balanced than BC's and that will be the difference in this game. I think the only way BH loses this game is if they turn the ball over alot. BH by 7 eek! Old card all of that Score comparison doesnt mean crap! Splendora our 5th place team put a whippen on Hardin. and Buna shut out HF. So if your relying on that youre going to have a long night Saturday. Seya in Baytown.

BWK/LBP
11-09-2002, 11:43 PM
You can't say anything bad about bridge city's quarter back until you TRY to tackle him. He is alot quicker than you would think. Old Cardinal is a smart ole' bird and I agree with him on this one. I pick BC by 14. BH hasn't played anyone like BC. Peeples will rush for over 150 yds.

eagle08
11-10-2002, 12:22 AM
This should be a great game! Both of these teams have a great bunch of kids and a great set of coaches. BC's head coach went up against the BH coaches for many years, and it always made for a hard fought game. I am sure this game will be of the same type. There is alot of respect for Coach Tarver and his staff over here at BH and I'm sure Coach Tarver feels the same about the BH coaches. It is always fun to watch two teams that are fundamentally sound, and have kids who give it their all every play. BC and BH are very similar teams. They are both able to run and pass well on offense and their defenses are physical and run to the ball well. I can't make a prediction on this one, but I will say that this is what makes Texas high school football exciting. Can't wait until Saturday night. Stalworth Stadium is going to be packed on both sides. :)

exbccards76'smom
11-10-2002, 12:28 AM
It will be the battle of the B's Friday night...Bridge City vs. Barbers Hill. The boys on both sides will be playing their hearts out. Too bad that there can't be two winners in a game like this. Where is Stalworth Stadium??
http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Birds_/Birds_Cardinal_walks_prv.gif

eye of the tiger
11-10-2002, 01:13 AM
exbccards76'smom:
It will be the battle of the B's Friday night...Bridge City vs. Barbers Hill. The boys on both sides will be playing their hearts out. Too bad that there can't be two winners in a game like this. Where is Stalworth Stadium??
http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Birds_/Birds_Cardinal_walks_prv.gifI like how you have your Cardinal gif. Looks good.

3ABirdMan
11-10-2002, 01:21 AM
RBARKER:
... eek! Old card all of that Score comparison doesnt mean crap! Splendora our 5th place team put a whippen on Hardin. and Buna shut out HF. So if your relying on that youre going to have a long night Saturday. Seya in Baytown.HF played both BC and BH with a full squad. Either 1 or 2 weeks after the BC game, they (HF) lost several key players to grades - That's why their season took a dive. That's the reason you can't compare the 1st half of their season with the last half.

BC has lost 4 (maybe 5) starters to injury during the season, just as BH was missing some early. Fortunatley, the coaches have traded point spreads and stats to build depth. Those injured players have had able replacements ready to take the field, and I don't believe we are the weaker due to those injuries. The depth that has been developed will pay off in the next 4 (yes, I'm optimistic!) weeks during the playoffs!

Will this be a great game? YOU BET! But I still RESPECTFULLY believe BC has the better team by 2 scores. We'll have to wait and see.

exbccards76'smom
11-10-2002, 09:34 AM
eye of the tiger:

exbccards76'smom:
http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Birds_/Birds_Cardinal_walks_prv.gifI like how you have your Cardinal gif. Looks good.Thanks!! I have to give RBARKER all the credit, he sent it to me!!

RBARKER
11-10-2002, 12:51 PM
I have to disagree that BC is a two TD better club. Dont be surprised when BH wins by Two TD's which I firmly believe they can. BC has a good team but if they think they are going to go to baytown and beat these Eagles they better play mistake free football and strengthen up that secondary that HJ exposed earlier in the year. Good luck

AggieJohn
11-10-2002, 05:28 PM
Matthew328:
One of the better games in 3A....both teams have excellent backs in Peebles for BC and for BH Carrington...the key I think will be QB play..both backs will get yards...but whichever QB plays better I think that team will get the win..for me my money is on Knight from BC...don't get me wrong..Northcutt is a good QB also..but I think Knight has the ability to beat you in the air or with his feet...I am pickin BC by 7I think this is by far one of the biggest matchups in 3a STATE this year....both teams are highly skilled and neither deserves a first round out but one will recieve it Friday...i look for BHILL to pull an upset

Eagles52
11-10-2002, 05:50 PM
I think this will be a great football game between two well coached and disciplined teams. I'm a little partial but I think that BH will pull out a 7 pt. win. They have increased tons since the beginning of the year when they lost to hf and all that comparative scoring doesnt mean anything because each game is different. BC is a great team very capable of winning this game but they will have to play their best game of the season to take out The Hill. Good luck and I hope everyone stays injury free.

ball_hawk_5
11-10-2002, 08:01 PM
in my opinion on this game having played both teams... barbers hill at the beginning of the season and bridge city at the end... i pick bridge city... perry carrington is a great back and dolin is a great line backer .... but peebles is a big back to bring down and knight is excellent on his feet and in the air... like it was said both backs are gonna get yards but it will come down to the qb spot... oh and another thing bh watch out b/c the cards have great linebackers who will come at u every play of the game all night long... so all i have to say is that barbers hill better come to play b/c i already know that bridge city is ready ... but good luck to both teams and i have to say excellent year to both

Old Cardinal
11-10-2002, 08:10 PM
I really think this is one of the best matchups this week in Texas. Yes, we all have our predictions. Whoever wins this game will have following from the other school as they progress up the bracket, I trust. I remember saying after the first game, when BH lost, that that team had character and would be a good playoff team. I am excited to get to see a game of this caliber this early- and I will try to be at the game against Elgin or Navasota the following week. Sure, I hope it's BC but if its not, I have no problem pulling for BH in round two, they seem to have good sportsmanship too, and that counts a lot for me on who I will back.

BH_146
11-10-2002, 10:54 PM
Old Cardinal,thanks for the kind words. I'm not one for making predictions. I am looking forward to a great game and hope we don't even notice the stripes are on the field. It should also be neat to see the attendence for this 3A game. Both schools have tremendous following and with it being a Saturday night game, we should pull people from both the Triangle and the Houston area.

AggieJohn
11-11-2002, 12:34 AM
exbccards76'smom:
http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Birds_/Birds_Cardinal_walks_prv.gifComing from I-10 take 146 south and follow it for about 10 miles or so until you see a garth road exit take that exit and turn left follow garth till it dead ends at Decker, turn left at the intersection of garth and decker, follow decker till you see texas and you need to take a right on texas follow texas and you should quickly see the stadium on your left

ElMeroMero
11-11-2002, 12:48 AM
Finally Ive been waitin for this one since last year. I think BC will come on top by 7 and there depth is what i think will put them on top. Hope this one is as good as the baseball game.

BH_146
11-11-2002, 08:19 AM
Old Cardinal, you are right about many people predicting who will win this game. I happen to have a Penny Record where they have Bridge City eventually playing Jasper. The inference was that there wouldn't be much competition up until that point.

labrat99
11-11-2002, 09:59 AM
Why is this game being played in Baytown? Did BC lose a coin flip?

The directions I've found on the web say that Stallworth Stadium is at the corner of Archer and Sjolander Roads. If that's correct, from BC take 10 West to the Sjolander Rd. exit, go left under the Freeway and the stadium should be a mile or so down on the right.

I haven't seen the Cards yet this year but I plan on being there this weekend. How does this year's team compare to last?

2futurecard'smom
11-11-2002, 10:39 AM
I believe BC will come out on top by at least 10. These guys step it up a notch come playoff time and Knight and Peebles and Company will be in the playoff mode. I don't mean to take anything away from BH, but the Big Red Machine is tough to beat! GO CARDS! Hey RBARKER........how'd you get the Eagle???? I need a Cardinal!!!!!! See ya at the game! :D

RBARKER
11-11-2002, 12:32 PM
Well I was looking at the stats for BH and BC and this is what I found.

First lets look at the RB's: BC'S Matt Peebles has 188 ATT. for 1554 YDS and 26 TD'd averaging 8.3 YDS per carry/BH's Perry Carrington has 204 ATT. for 1313 YDS. and 24 TD's averaging 6.4 YDS a carry.
Advantage Bridge City

Second the Fullbacks: BC's Michael Gautlier has 16 ATT. for 188 YDS. and 1 TD. averaging 11.8 yds a carry/ BH's Brian Cummings has 49 ATT. for 275 yards and 2td's averaging 5.6 yds a carry.
Advantage Barbers Hill

Third the QB's on the ground: BC's Jamey Knight has 20 ATT. for 210 YDS. and 3 TD's averaging 10.5 YDS a carry. BH's James Northcutt has 39 ATT. for 275 yds. and 2td's averaging 6.8 yds a carry.
Advantage Barbers Hill

Finally QB's through the air: BC's Jamey Knight he has 37 Comp. for 564 yds. with 82 att. 1 int. and 3 td's/ BH's James Northcutt has 64 Comp. for 985 yds. with 123 Att. 10 int's and 8 td's
Advantage Barbers Hill

Offense comparison: BC is averaging 29.8 points on offense, BH is averaging 33.7 points.
Advantage Barbers Hill

Defense comparison: BC is only allowing 10.0 points a game with 4 shutouts, BH is allowing 12.5 points a game with 4 shutouts.
Advantage Bridge City.

Schedule strengths: BC's opponents hold a 45-54 record. BH opponents hold a 47-53 record.
Advantage Barbers Hill.

Toughest opponent played this year. BC's would be Newton with a 115.6 power rating results lost 21-0/ BH's would be 4A Dickenson with a power rating of 115.1 results lost 43-16.

After looking at all of this on Paper I would say both of these teams are pretty even but, BH has the Advantage going into this game, but as everyone knows anything can happen! Good luck to both teams hope this gives everyone a better view of the teams.

exbccards76'smom
11-11-2002, 01:42 PM
Just wondering what Barber's Hill's ratio is in causing turnovers?

2futurecard'smom
11-11-2002, 01:45 PM
Cardinal Check! http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Birds_/Birds_Cardinal_walks_prv.gif

2futurecard'smom
11-11-2002, 01:47 PM
Thank you excardmom!!! Love the cardinal! http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Birds_/Birds_Cardinal_walks_prv.gif

Old Cardinal
11-11-2002, 01:54 PM
To Mr Barbers Hill: Looks to me you are stretching it- trying to show BH as having the advantage! (1) Just looking at your stats on Peebles and Carrington clearly shows Peebles to be doing a better Job! (2) Knight has ONE interception- Northcutt has how many? (3) Knight gains 10.5 per carry to Northcutt's 6.5. Also, more TD's (4) Michael Gauthier usually goes in to play the second half with the 2nd, or 3rd team blocking in the trenches-he has a tremendous out- put under those conditions. I really don't think anyone would agree with you that Knight and Peebles are second rate to Carrington and Northcutt, although I think these two are viable ball players. The difference is Knight and Peebles will be playing their SEVENTH playoff since they were Soph.'s.......Now my vision of an advantage----Charlie Verrett and Robert Melich, BC linebackers will also be playing their SEVENTH playoff game- they will ring-your-bell in a heartbeat, and they have a "field savvy" that is exceptional. In fact, if BC were to get several rounds into the Playoffs, both are candidates for Defensive All-State.

labrat99
11-11-2002, 03:09 PM
RBARKER - I think you are really torturing those stats to come up with BH as the favorite. It looks to me like these two teams are very evenly matched in all categories, except int's - unless that was a typo. I'm expecting a very competitive game.

I'd like to see a giveaway/takeaway ratio for both teams - that might be a telling stat.

ALL - I saw BC play twice last year, but haven't seen them yet this year. How does this team compare; better, worse, about the same?

FBmania
11-11-2002, 03:28 PM
My oh my, isn't this fun. Guys, the stats just don't matter at this point. As a topic on this discussion board sure, but when the game starts it's 0-0 and it becomes a battle of wills. These are two good teams strapping it on to get to the next level. I expect it to be well played and hopefully injury free.
Old Card you and the BC faithful are just as excited about your Cardinals as we are about our Eagles. That's what makes this so much fun. I look forward to rooting against you this week, and then next week you guys are welcome to sit with Eagle fans and cheer us on. :D
I know we all tend to get a little over zealous in our support of our respective teams but in the end we can all can sit down and enjoy this wonderful game. Don't take anything I say too seriously and I'll try not to get too riled up either. Here's to a great game.

P.S. Any red feathers stuck to Eagle cleats will be promptly shipped back to BC. :D GO EAGLES!

eagle08
11-11-2002, 03:37 PM
I think the key to winning this battle falls into the hands of the defensive units of both teams. Besides Newton(BC)and Dickinson(BH), BC or BH have not faced a team that has an offensive unit as good as what they will be facing this Saturday night. I am sure that there will be many new formations and plays that will only add to the difficulty of stopping their opponents. The team that is able to stop the other teams offense the best and maybe cause some big turnovers I feel will be the team that walks away with the WIN.

RBARKER
11-11-2002, 06:22 PM
Old Card, Why dont you read my post a little closer! I said in my post that Peebles has the advantage over Carrington. Northcutt has the advantage over Knight (According to stats). I didn't make these stats up to make BH look Better they are the facts take them as you may. I think what the stats showed is that BH runs a more diverse offense which will be a little tougher for BC to controll. As FBmania said these stats mean nothing once the game starts .I was just giving everyone a perspective on how the teams faired during the regular season. I was also trying to denounce that BC is a two td better club theory! I think the team that wins is the team that comes out after the half with the best adjustments. I hope that we have good weather and the Zebra's let em play. Go Barbers Hill

bccards
11-11-2002, 06:38 PM
Actually, just as an FYI -- Jamey has MANY more rushing yards than shows on his stats.. There are several games that he had over 100 yards rushing (for a QB) easily, but statwise, only shows maybe 20. A Few games he rushed but stats didn't even show he rushed at all.. so stats are really undependable. but as it's been said, BC and BH are 0-0 right now, the NEW season has begun.

FBmania
11-11-2002, 07:05 PM
To BCCards or Old Card, what's your team look like for next year? How are your subs that will be staters next year?

I think we'll be ok, we have some promising players that are rounding into ball players for next year.

SOARING BLUE EAGLES!

BigRed01
11-11-2002, 07:42 PM
Let me first start off saying I think BH has a great team. However, one important stat has been overlooked with Bridge City. Bridge City normally is pounding there opponents so hard, that they typically take the dogs off of them to START the 3rd quarter. That may be why our stats aren't out of this world. BC has scored on it's opponents as the following quarters indicate.
1st 2nd 3rd 4th
BC 73 144 61 22
Opp 07 14 24 55
I don't feel that this team is as powerful as last year, and in no way does this lone stat secure a victory against a team like the Hill. However, I have seen from some of the so called advantages that BH has, and I don't think anyone has factored in that alot of times our first string is sitting on the bench in the 3rd and 4th quarters. It might be comparitive if we showed poor sportsmanship and ran up the stats and the scores on some of the weaker teams in the district. However, Coach Tarver doesn't do that, and I'm glad that he doesn't. Take our stats and literally double them, if you had played Knight and Peebles in the 3rd and 4th quarters and you could probably get a real comparison of the calibur of team your dealing with. I pick BC by 10. Good luck to both. :D :D :D

BH_146
11-11-2002, 09:28 PM
All of this superfluity of stats just tugs at my heart. Just when I get around to posting a reply, gosh darn if someone else has already add something to the pile. And this is only Monday. I can hardly wait to see who is up for the challenge by of coming up with something original on Thursday. I am just so proud to be a part of the board.

BigRed01
11-11-2002, 09:58 PM
I'm compiling as you speak BH_146. Thursday I'll be ready.(haha) This sure is going to be a good game isn't it.

Old Cardinal
11-11-2002, 10:01 PM
To B_146: I noticed that Big Red 01 had BC 217 and opponents 21, in the first half and BC 83 to their opponents 79, in the second half......Could you run these numbers by quarters on BH.....I always use turnover ratios as a suttle factor; however, if you know the strategy of a given Coach, on building depth-it could skew the projection of a teams total potential in a tighter ballgame situation.

BigRed01
11-12-2002, 05:16 AM
Does BH have a homepage like BC? I would be interested in the turnover ratio also. I know they have a good offense, but also what kind of numbers does the BH defense limit there opponents to.

BH_146
11-12-2002, 06:20 AM
Old Cardinal, I'll try to get that information but you are right. A coach's strategy can skew what appears to be obvious statistics. (I bet RBarker might can give that to you before I can get around to it this morning.)

BigRed01, I have a website for Barbers Hill. But I don't keep up with the stats because the Houston Chronicle does a pretty good job. I have a link at the bottom of my opening page for the Chronicle. When you open up their site, go to the drop down menu and choose the team you are looking for.

Barbers Hill Sports Report (http://www.eteamz.com/bheagles)

QB85
11-12-2002, 09:28 AM
Here are the scoring stats for each quarter for the Eagles:
1st 2nd 3rd 4th
BH - 81 111 87 58
Opp -20 40 37 28

Hope this helps

Jetback
11-12-2002, 10:42 AM
Here are the real stats for the game:
1. Strongest players--advantage BH
2. Best athletes--advantage BC
3. Team speed--advantage BC
4. Head Coach--toss up
5. Assistant Coaches--advantage BH
6. Biggest Players--advantage BH
7. School Spirit--advantage BC
8. Best Fans--toss up
9. Players with playoff experience--BC
10. Big time playmakers--BC (3), BH (4)--advantage BH
11. Depth--toss up
12. Number of players with the burning desire to win--wouldn't you like to know because thats the only difference in this game!
Personally I wish they weren't playing each other so they could both lose in the first round.

bccards
11-12-2002, 11:21 AM
FBmania:
To BCCards or Old Card, what's your team look like for next year? How are your subs that will be staters next year?

I think we'll be ok, we have some promising players that are rounding into ball players for next year.

SOARING BLUE EAGLES!Next year will be a rebuilding year for BC more than likely, until the undefeated 8th and 9th graders move up to Varsity. So probably after this year, be rebuilding for a year or two.

bccards
11-12-2002, 11:31 AM
More Stats:
Scores by Quarter:
1 2 3 4
Barbers Hill: 81 111 87 58
Opponents: 20 40 37 28

Bridge City: 64 127 61 20
Opponents: 7 14 24 55

Fumbles
Barbers Hill
15 TOTAL Fumbles (not all were lost)
7 TOTAL Fumbles LOST
1.5 TOTAL Fumbles average per game

Bridge City
12 TOTAL Fumbles (not all were lost)
7 TOTAL Fumbles LOST
1.2 TOTAL Fumbles average per game

now of course, this doesn't mean a thing with the "new season" beginning Saturday. Both teams are 0 - 0 right now, and play or die a week at a time. These Stats were from the Chronicle.

Old Cardinal
11-13-2002, 09:22 AM
To FBmania: I have had to ponder your question a little....I would say that Bridge City will start out a little slow next year. They will have Jon Landry our Soph. Safety and Michael "The Moose" Gauthier- a Junior now as running backs- both are a half a step behind Matt Peebles on the 100 yard dash. There will be 3 good QB's to choose from. Two of them alternate in a lot of the second halfs this year. Stephen Broussard, a Junior, and Ben Myers, a Soph. Now the interesting thing is that a big left-handed QB kid named Haymond appears to be a potential for future College football. He has propelled that 9th grade team over the best teams they could locate- that would play them. He, like Ben Myers, have a lot of passing and running potential for the future. Bridge City will make the playoffs next year- but its really a rebuilding year. Now the following two years, they should definately be in a State contender position..... What is your take on BH's future?

<small>[ November 13, 2002, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

exbccards76'smom
11-13-2002, 09:35 AM
2futurecard'smom:
Thank you excardmom!!! Love the cardinal! http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Birds_/Birds_Cardinal_walks_prv.gifYour welcome!!
Donna :D

exbccards76'smom
11-13-2002, 09:41 AM
Jetback:
4. Head Coach--toss up
8. Best Fans--toss up
11. Depth--toss up
12. Number of players with the burning desire to win--wouldn't you like to know because thats the only difference in this game!
Personally I wish they weren't playing each other so they could both lose in the first round.i have to disagree with 2 of these: (1) Assistant Coaches: BC has some of the most dedicated Assistant Coaches. (2) playmakers: We have more than 3 playmakers. Knight and Peebles are backed up by some great playmakers on defense in Melich and Verrett. http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Birds_/Birds_Cardinal_walks_prv.gif

FBmania
11-13-2002, 12:00 PM
To Old Card/BCCards: Because of our coaching staff, we will make the playoffs and I think always be competitive. We have some holes to fill at rb, fb, wr and linebacker. At qb we are losing a good two sport athlete but we have a promising young qb to replace him. Those are the most obvious ones. We do have a good # on the o/d lines returning. Overall we are in good shape but you know as well as I until you get those young players consistent reps at the varsity level you just have to wait and see.

I am just full of nervous energy waiting until Saturday. I hate to see two good teams going at it so early because one will have to go home but then again you find out pretty quick what kind of team you have.

Hopefully we can make this game a yearly event. Enjoy the games this weekend and we'll see you and the Cards Saturday.

AggieJohn
11-13-2002, 02:10 PM
Jetback:
4. Head Coach--toss up
8. Best Fans--toss up
11. Depth--toss up
Personally I wish they weren't playing each other so they could both lose in the first round.The prodigal son returns home....

AggieJohn
11-13-2002, 02:16 PM
Old Cardinal:
To FBmania: I have had to ponder your question a little....I would say that Bridge City will start out a little slow next year. They will have Jon Landry our Soph. Safety and Michael "The Moose" Gauthier- a Junior now as running backs- both are a half a step behind Matt Peebles on the 100 yard dash. There will be 3 good QB's to choose from. Two of them alternate in a lot of the second halfs this year. Stephen Broussard, a Junior, and Ben Myers, a Soph. Now the interesting thing is that a big left-handed QB kid named Haymond appears to be a potential for future College football. He has propelled that 9th grade team over the best teams they could locate- that would play them. He, like Ben Myers, have a lot of passing and running potential for the future. Bridge City will make the playoffs next year- but its really a rebuilding year. Now the following two years, they should definately be in a State contender position..... What is your take on BH's future?i believe that they are in a rebuilding year this year right now...it's great to be able to make it too the playoffs and be able to say that.....the only reason i believe that is that that teams in the past were just so dominating...we could put players out there that would dominate and then face BH and get mauled....now i don't mean any lack of respect to carrington or northcutt...i just don't believe this is BH drive for the chamionship..also in the late 90's the stands were just so overcrowede and fulled to the brim and they weren't this year..now i don't know about the prospects coming up but i can bet that they will still have their winning tradition....

eagle08
11-13-2002, 05:11 PM
exbccards76'smom:

Jetback:
4. Head Coach--toss up
8. Best Fans--toss up
11. Depth--toss up
Personally I wish they weren't playing each other so they could both lose in the first round.i have to disagree with 2 of these: (1) Assistant Coaches: BC has some of the most dedicated Assistant Coaches. (2) playmakers: We have more than 3 playmakers. Knight and Peebles are backed up by some great playmakers on defense in Melich and Verrett. http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Birds_/Birds_Cardinal_walks_prv.gifI'm sure that both coaching staffs are very good. If they weren't then BC and BH would not have the winning traditions through the ranks the way they do (Varsity--7th grade). I don't know of any staff that has the experience of the BH coaching staff. The offensive coordinator (Skidmore) and defensive coordinator (Byrd) both have over 30+ years of coaching and head coaching experience. There is alot of knowledge, as well as gray hair on the BH staff, and the younger coaches are some of the best around. I don't think there is a finer group of coaches around, but that's my opinion.

Old Cardinal
11-13-2002, 06:37 PM
In the last four games, it is quite apparent that BOTH teams are some of the best in the state. Bridge City has accumulated 144 points to their opponents 12 and Barbers Hill has 167 points to their opponents 34. Bridge City has 3 shutouts and Barbers Hill has 2 shutouts. Now folks that is really impressive stats against some good teams. If these two teams were in Region II where all the Pollsters dwell, they would be just drooling over either one!.....It is tough but someone has to lose, but I would bet that the winner ends up playing Jasper....Now a reality check, I don't see anyone in Texas taking out Jasper, at this time.

bheagledad22
11-13-2002, 09:12 PM
Sorry to say this but BC has their hands full with carrington, northcutt, cummings, dolan and landry the top key player plus the new freshman who moved up last week and scored two tds. But dolan will splatter your running back the first chance he gets. And i promise once dolan rings his bell he wont want anymore i promise. As for your qb he not as good as you thinks he is. My opnion hes not good at all since ya'll played a easy district.

GO BH EAGLES :D

Eagles52
11-13-2002, 10:15 PM
just to reply to the question about the BH team for next year, the JV went this season undefeated and the sophomore group hasnt lost a game since 7th grade. Only one team we've played has competed with us, Dickinson and that was because we played our worst game of the year

redneckplayer010
11-13-2002, 11:02 PM
i think this will be a very good 1st round matchup and i am predicting a 1 possibly 2 touchdown win by barbers hill

good luck to both teams...

AP_OLB_1
11-13-2002, 11:07 PM
i agree with redneckplayer010. i think this is gonna be a great game. im for sure going to sit and watch this game... you should see a whole group of anahuac in the stands. i all honestly i really dont have a prediction on this game.. both teams we have went up against and both have showed me that they are playoff football teams. good luck to both.. too bad that one of yall are only moving to the next round

bheagledad22
11-13-2002, 11:19 PM
Ball_ Hawk_5 you cant compare us to Bridge City on the bases of playing us at the beginning of the year because we are not the same team you played first game of the season .We are much stronger , much quicker than what we were at the beginning of the season and the younger players have learned alot since then. Believe me, we are ready I have checked Bridge City stats and they are no better than ours ,but you cool believe we'll be ready so, Bridge City better not concentrate only on Perry because we have 6 to 7 other players that can Beat you. And by the way We where once in district 21-3A and we dominated the district. So dont tell me that Bridge City is the better team. Never under estimate the heart of a CHAMPION!

ej2525
11-14-2002, 09:09 AM
Well, with that being said bheagledad, Bridge City may as well pack it up and not bother making the trip west as I understand how good BH is now vs. the beginning of the year. We lowly little BC Cardinals will try to make a game of it seeing as how good you guys are now. I hope we live up to your standards of decent competition and don't trample your little dreams of making it to the next round. Sincerely, your humble unequals... BC Cards.

QBKilla
11-14-2002, 10:42 AM
<small>[ November 14, 2002, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: QBKilla ]</small>

Old Cardinal
11-14-2002, 12:31 PM
AN OUTSIDERS LOOK AT BARBERS HILL...I certainly am no expert on BH; however I have seen them play some games. I am also very familar with some of the teams they have played. Brian Cummings is probably their best player in my humble opinion- and he gets little credit! I don't think Jared Dolan is as good as (BC)- Charlie Verrett or Robert Melich at linebacker. Ras Landry is an excellent ballplayer. Perry Carrington only gained 85 yards on 20 carries against Shepherd in the last game of the year. Had Shepherd not fumbled the ball away 4 times they might have had more than 9 first downs and BH would not have had the ball all night. A kid named Daniels plays his position pretty well. If BH pulls an upset, which they are capable of, it will be the foot of Bryan Penn, the steadfastness of Tanner Foster, and the many unsung heros like Chase Currie that play a steady form of high school football. In my humble opinion, those that are touted as great are only above average; however, the real ballplayers at BH, in the games I have seen are not getting the publicity that good teamwork players deserve.

HoHoHo
11-14-2002, 12:32 PM
I predict that Bridge City will win by the same number of points as they had players arrested last week. Lets see--thats a 12 point margin.

2futurecard'smom
11-14-2002, 12:40 PM
Oh, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssseeeeeeeeeee! There always seems to be something like that last post to make you wonder why kids aren't in school at this time of day!

Old Cardinal
11-14-2002, 12:59 PM
I have checked around and it appears to simply not be true-WHAT A CHEAP SHOT!

HoHoHo
11-14-2002, 01:14 PM
Hey, my fault. I got word that a few had been arrested for drinking. I won't say another word.

exbccards76'smom
11-14-2002, 02:33 PM
Someone always has to try to start something. Let's keep it factually about both sides...in others words, let's keep the subject on the game at hand. http://ubb.trianglefootball.net/ubb/ubbgobigred.gif

BigRed01
11-14-2002, 03:38 PM
bheagledad22:
Sorry to say this but BC has their hands full with carrington, northcutt, cummings, dolan and landry the top key player plus the new freshman who moved up last week and scored two tds. But dolan will splatter your running back the first chance he gets. And i promise once dolan rings his bell he wont want anymore i promise. As for your qb he not as good as you thinks he is. My opnion hes not good at all since ya'll played a easy district.

GO BH EAGLES :D To Bald Headed eagle dad 22, you obviously have not seen Bridge City play a game have you. To say Jamie Knight isn't any good, just shows your complete ignorrance of Bridge City football. We have not had the hardest schedule in the world, but neither have you. I think the only team that you played that was good, really smashed ya'll badly. And since we have such a weak and pathetic district, why is it YOU LOST to a team that finished in the bottom half of our district. I think ya'll have a really good team with alot of good personel. You flat wouldn't have got to the spot where your at if you didn't. But at least come up with an intelligent analogy of the game, maybe a comparison. If your a dad, your obviously of age to come up with something more intelligent than sounding like a kid in high school on this board. :D :D :D

FBmania
11-14-2002, 04:25 PM
How in the hell did a good clean discussion of playoff football between two supposedly classy teams and groups of fans turn into this? This is pathetic on both sides. If it was just kids doing it would be one thing but now we have adults involved in this. Calling people out, down playing others sigificance is ridiculous. And making statements about players being arrested whether valid or not, has no place in this forum. I just hope that the young men involved in actually playing the game will show us on the field, what we're obviously not capable of doing in this forum. That would be CLASS and GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP.

I've been guilty of a few myself and have tried to clean up my act. I am going to apologize for the derogatory statements posted by BH fans.
You all can unload on me if you like, at this point I don't care. But try to leave the kids out of it.

<small>[ November 14, 2002, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: FBmania ]</small>

BHcheeze24
11-14-2002, 04:29 PM
BHs future is looking good. The JV went undefeated and the freshmen have some talent but what excites me the most is talent and depth of this years 8th grade team. That will be one hell of a ball club when they get to be juniors and seniors. They have a talented QB that can hurl a pigskin and he can also tuck it away. Or if he wants, can hand it off to the best twins i've ever seen, who also catch the ball well. They're defense looks very tough and are very hard hitting. I think BH will be in good shape for some years to come. :D

Oh and i hope BC doesn't under estimate what the eagles can do because if i remember correctly they had college bound athletes on their baseball team and still lost to our "not supposed to be any good this year, one returning starter" :rolleyes: baseball team.

<small>[ November 14, 2002, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: BHcheeze24 ]</small>

FBmania
11-14-2002, 04:44 PM
BHcheeze24:
BHs future is looking good. The JV went undefeated and the freshmen have some talent but what excites me the most is talent and depth of this years 8th grade team. That will be one hell of a ball club when they get to be juniors and seniors. They have a talented QB that can hurl a pigskin and he can also tuck it away. Or if he wants, can hand it off to the best twins i've ever seen, who also catch the ball well. They're defense looks very tough and are very hard hitting. I think BH will be in good shape for some years to come. :D

Oh and i hope BC doesn't under estimate what the eagles can do because if i remember correctly they had college bound athletes on their baseball team and still lost to our "not supposed to be any good this year, one returning starter" :rolleyes: baseball team.I too am excited about the future for BH MR.CHEESE :D I hope we can keep our coaching staff together to bring these younger players along. I kept my good stadium seats just to keep watching these young guys develope.

duckbutter
11-14-2002, 04:48 PM
I haven't had a chance to watch BH play this yr but I have seen BC and they have a quality team. BH can shut Peeples down if they contain him to the middle and then hit him early, often and very hard. BUT if BH makes Peeples not want to run the ball they then have to deal with Knight. To me Knight is a better runner than Peeples, quicker and tougher. I will go with BC by 21....

FBmania
11-14-2002, 05:01 PM
duckbutter:
I haven't had a chance to watch BH play this yr but I have seen BC and they have a quality team. BH can shut Peeples down if they contain him to the middle and then hit him early, often and very hard. BUT if BH makes Peeples not want to run the ball they then have to deal with Knight. To me Knight is a better runner than Peeples, quicker and tougher. I will go with BC by 21....Hey duckbutter, what are you guys feeding those kids from around there? With Newton, Jasper, BC and just a slew of other quality teams in that area, it has got to be the food man! Or is it the shoes? :D :D

duckbutter
11-14-2002, 05:25 PM
Lots of beans and the ever important cornbread. It won't work with just the beans and not the cornbread or just the cornbread and not the beans, it has to be both and in extra large helpings. The beans give them jet power and cornbread gives them strength. Since we don't have a Wal-Mart it can't be the shoes but tell them to try an extra small joc strap, it may help! wink

BigRed01
11-14-2002, 07:46 PM
FBmania:
How in the hell did a good clean discussion of playoff football between two supposedly classy teams and groups of fans turn into this? This is pathetic on both sides. If it was just kids doing it would be one thing but now we have adults involved in this. Calling people out, down playing others sigificance is ridiculous. And making statements about players being arrested whether valid or not, has no place in this forum. I just hope that the young men involved in actually playing the game will show us on the field, what we're obviously not capable of doing in this forum. That would be CLASS and GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP.

I've been guilty of a few myself and have tried to clean up my act. I am going to apologize for the derogatory statements posted by BH fans.
You all can unload on me if you like, at this point I don't care. But try to leave the kids out of it.I agree FBmania, I don't see how adults start bashing kids. That's why I posted what I posted. I can understand saying I think my team is better for these reasons or these reasons, but to bash kids is downright low. I think the comment on Jamie Knight by Bald Headed eagle 22 is about the silliest comment I have heard my entire time reading this board. Everyone knows the kid is good, just like the Carrington kid from BH. This should be a great matchup between two great teams, and it really is a shame that someone has to lose, but's thats the game. I don't mind someone saying there team is going to stomp mine. I just personally feel, all these ignorrant statements about kids not being good, or kids getting arrested with no facts to back them up should be dealt 3 letters........ROM frown

bheagledad22
11-14-2002, 08:22 PM
old cardinal carrington only had 85 yards because he only played the frist half of the game. and If you were there you should have seen this . In fact, The last 2 or 3 gmes he only played the first 1/2 so dont judge carrington on just one 1/2 of the game cause you are gonna get the full 4 quarters saturday night and another thing, we dont have any best players on the team. Its obvious that you havent seen what i have seen. We have a team that plays together that dont try to outshine each other they just play good football. no you are not an expert on BH football. i have been to every game these young men have played since little league i know BH football and to you big red 01, i did not post that message on this board, MY SON DID and by the way, Im not saying that we are all that but i do know one thing, that we can compete with Bridge City. Like I said yesterday we was once in district 21-3A and we dominated that district for 3 yrs. so dont tell me that Bridge City is better than we are. I have no doubt that Bridge City is a very good team but i guarentee you we will be up to the challenge. GO BIG BLUE!!

<small>[ November 14, 2002, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: bheagledad22 ]</small>

exbccards76'smom
11-14-2002, 08:50 PM
bheagledad22:
old cardinal carrington only had 85 yards because he only played the frist half of the game.If you were there you should have seen this . In fact, The last 2 or 3 gmes he only played the first 1/2 so dont judge carrington on just one 1/2 of the game cause you are gonna get the full 4 quarters saturday night and another thing, we dont have any best players on the team. Its obvious that you havent seen what i have seen. We have a team that plays together that dont try to outshine each other they just play good football and to you big red 01, i did not post that message on this board, MY SON DID and by the way, Im not saying that we are all that but i do know one thing, that we can compete with Bridge City. Like I said yesterday we was once in district 21-3A and we dominated that district for 3 yrs. so dont tell me that Bridge City is better than we are. I have no doubt that Bridge City is a very good team but i guarentee you we will be up to the challenge. GO BIG BLUE!!There were several ballgames this year that Peebles and Knight also sat out the whole second half. This is gonna be a good game with two great teams playing each other. Let's keep things in perspective here. http://www.trianglefootball.net/brickwall/fightcard.gif

BigRed01
11-14-2002, 08:50 PM
bheagledad22:
old cardinal carrington only had 80 yards because he only played the frist half of the game.If you were there you should have seen this . In fact, The last 2 or 3 gmes he only played the first 1/2 so dont judge carrington on just one 1/2 of the game cause you are gonna get the full 4 quarters saturday night and another thing, we dont have any best players on the team. Its obvious that you havent seen what i have seen. We have a team that plays together that dont try to outshine each other they just play good football and to you big red 01, i did not post that message on this board, MY SON DID and by the way, Im not saying that we are all that but i do know one thing, that we can compete with Bridge City. Like I said yesterday we was once in district 21-3A and we dominated that district for 3 yrs. so dont tell me that Bridge City is better than we are. I have no doubt that Bridge City is a very good team but i guarentee you we will be up to the challenge. GO BIG BLUE!!I think you must have trouble reading my posts. I have stated time and time again, that I think Barbers Hill has a really good team, and fine quality players. I don't think that I said Barbers Hill wouldn't be a challenge. Of course they will be a challenge. Your family is the one over there bashing kids just trying to play the game. I just called you on it, and now your mad. Well, be mad.......but don't try to make it into something that noone said or did. You (or your family) simply got called on making poor statements on this forum, and now maybe you feel a bit sheepish. Barbers Hill has a fine program with fine tradition, noone is disputing that, so two words brother........Grow up! :D :D

FBmania
11-14-2002, 10:08 PM
duckbutter:
Lots of beans and the ever important cornbread. It won't work with just the beans and not the cornbread or just the cornbread and not the beans, it has to be both and in extra large helpings. The beans give them jet power and cornbread gives them strength. Since we don't have a Wal-Mart it can't be the shoes but tell them to try an extra small joc strap, it may help! wink :D :D :D Man you are too funny!!! I'd be willing to bet that it isn't the store bought kind of cornbread either. I'm guessing good old east Texas home cooking. You might have to send me the recipe wink . Hey bud thanks for the laugh and good luck to your Newton Eagles this week!

RBARKER
11-14-2002, 10:35 PM
Man, this thread is flying we might beat the BH vs. Coldsprings thread if we hurry :D I cant wait till Saturday this is going to be a great game. I think both teams respect one another and have been practicing hard for this match. These teams are so even it could end up in OT before the whole thing is over. Well good luck to both teams. No matter what is said on this board Saturday will tell the tale. BH by 75 :D oopps I mean by 7 :p

Old Cardinal
11-14-2002, 10:35 PM
Sorry, Bald Dad: I was realy not referring to the amount of quarters being played: but the fact that he got only 4 yards per carry against Shepherd. Actually I think Perry is an example of a determined young man. He was just a JV player last year, I was told, and has had a good season on the varsity. When were you in 21-3A? Bridge City dropped down three years ago, but you were never in that District in that time frame. Barbers Hill always played a less than average post season and their District was weak in the last previous two years; however, this year they competed in a good new District setting. They use to get whalloped in the playoffs but this season they are very well prepared for Playoff level ball......Frankly, I am glad it was a kid cutting up, and not a grown man. I think this is going to be an exciting ballgame, where good kids play their heart out!

RBARKER
11-14-2002, 11:03 PM
Old Card, I wish you would do more research before you post you sound like an idiot! First of all BH has been to the playoffs three years in a row going 2 rounds twice and Three rounds once, so if you call that getting "walloped" you sir are an IDIOT! Walloped is what Sinton did to you last year and Newton the last two. I'm sorry if this offends any of the other BC posters but, I'm tired of Old Card getting on here and throwing out a jab during his descriptions of the games toward BH. Old card I know you love your Cardinals and I love my Eagles but some of your post have ridiculous statements in them. I have held my tongue in the past but enough is enough.

ElMeroMero
11-14-2002, 11:52 PM
Man this is gettin good.

bheagledad22
11-14-2002, 11:54 PM
BIGREDO1 I AM NOT MAD I WAS JUST SAYING I DID NOT POST THAT MESSAEG. THATS NOT MY STYLE MY SON WAS JUST HAVING FUN HE HAS MUCH RESPECT FOR THE BIG RED MACHINE. AND SO DO I. WE ARE NOT 38-2 OVER LAST FOUR YEARS BY UNDERESTIMATING GRATE FOOTBALL TEAMS LIKE BRIDGECITY.GOOD LUCK MUCH LOVE BHEAGLEDAD22

3ABirdMan
11-15-2002, 12:00 AM
BH_146:
All of this superfluity of stats just tugs at my heart. Just when I get around to posting a reply, gosh darn if someone else has already add something to the pile. And this is only Monday. I can hardly wait to see who is up for the challenge by of coming up with something original on Thursday. I am just so proud to be a part of the board.I think it's really a shame for our (BC AND BH) kids to have to play the 1st round against each other - only one team gets to play next week! Both teams are very strong, and I feel very evenly matched. Let's just hope and pray for a fair contest, with no injuries for anyone. Looks like it's gonna be football weather!

(While the above is truly heartfelt, it's the best I could come up with on Thursday!) :D

ElMeroMero
11-15-2002, 12:04 AM
BH didnt exactly get whaloped. The game with Rice last year was closer then score said. BH actually had the game tied at up to the 4th quarter if I remeber correctly. And the year before that Sweeny had a good team that BC could barley get by last year if it hadnt been for the play changed to a pass if I remember what you had said Old Card.

bheagledad22
11-15-2002, 12:12 AM
OLD CARDINAL CARRINGTON WAS A VARSITY STARTER LAST YEAR WITH THURMAN BLAKE HE RUSHED FOR 1178 YARDS AND 14 TOUCH DOWNS.

<small>[ November 14, 2002, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: bheagledad22 ]</small>

RBARKER
11-15-2002, 12:13 AM
3ABirdMan:

BH_146:
All of this superfluity of stats just tugs at my heart. Just when I get around to posting a reply, gosh darn if someone else has already add something to the pile. And this is only Monday. I can hardly wait to see who is up for the challenge by of coming up with something original on Thursday. I am just so proud to be a part of the board.I think it's really a shame for our (BC AND BH) kids to have to play the 1st round against each other - only one team gets to play next week! Both teams are very strong, and I feel very evenly matched. Let's just hope and pray for a fair contest, with no injuries for anyone. Looks like it's gonna be football weather!

(While the above is truly heartfelt, it's the best I could come up with on Thursday!) :D I agree Birdman it does seam a shame that one of these great teams will be watching the rest of the playoffs. To the team that survives this match up good luck in round two for the one that loses there should be no shame losing to a quality 3A team. I am glad the weather is going to be great.Hope everyone from BH and BC has a safe trip to Baytown. Even Old Card :p

bheagledad22
11-15-2002, 12:57 AM
sorry old cardinal about the 21-3A what i was trying to say. is that we have played most of teams in your dis. last four years.

Old Cardinal
11-15-2002, 10:10 AM
To Bald headed Dad 22: I know these districts were split pretty good....It is interesting however; In this 21-3A present District. Four teams emerged on top BC, OF and Hardin& Anahuac who both came up from 2A. Now the others that that ended on the bottom were from your old district. Irregardless of what Barker has to say, I think had BH faced a better schedule last year in District, they would have had better luck with Rice. I worry because BC has also played a less challenging schedule at the end of this year- just as BH has. Whoever wins this thing tonight, at least, has trained a lot of depth that can hopefully carry them up the ladder. I think BC has lost 5 of those seasoned starters; thusfar, this year, but I don't think it will adversely effect their preformance. I really enjoyed ole Barkers outburst- I haven't been called an idiot since I started working on a PhD in Engineering, after I was fifty years old.

exbccards76'smom
11-15-2002, 10:22 AM
At least the second team has gotten to play some, in case someone needs a replacement. Good luck to both our teams for tomorrow night. Dress warm, 'cause it looks like it gonna be good football weather!! http://www.trianglefootball.net/brickwall/fightcard.gif

FBmania
11-15-2002, 11:05 AM
Old Cardinal:
To Bald headed Dad 22: I know these districts were split pretty good....It is interesting however; In this 21-3A present District. Four teams emerged on top BC, OF and Hardin& Anahuac who both came up from 2A. Now the others that that ended on the bottom were from your old district. Irregardless of what Barker has to say, I think had BH faced a better schedule last year in District, they would have had better luck with Rice. I worry because BC has also played a less challenging schedule at the end of this year- just as BH has. Whoever wins this thing tonight, at least, has trained a lot of depth that can hopefully carry them up the ladder. I think BC has lost 5 of those seasoned starters; thusfar, this year, but I don't think it will adversely effect their preformance. I really enjoyed ole Barkers outburst- I haven't been called an idiot since I started working on a PhD in Engineering, after I was fifty years old.Old Card his name is bheagledad22 not Bald Headed eagledad. BigRed01 called him that in an earlier response to the post his son posted. Unless you were aware of this already and are doing it on purpose! :D

sphinx1906
11-15-2002, 11:19 AM
Man I love to hear oldcard's posts on the forum, he always adds a little flavor to the board. FBMania thanks for the support for Newton this weekend. BC has a good team and I think there is a lot of people who want BC to win ever game (except for 1 of course) here in Newton. I look forward to watching the board this weekend.Good luck!

HoHoHo
11-15-2002, 11:51 AM
I still say Bridge City by 12. I don't think that the BH QB or tailback will get over 30 yards apiece against our defense.

Old Cardinal
11-15-2002, 12:53 PM
To FB Mania, Sure I knew the difference...I was just having a little fun with BHeagleDad 22. I will assure you that Old Card & Big Red 01 are balded too. Actually, Once we found out that Dad didn't write the caustic remarks, I think the whole Board settled down. I would bet he is a real nice guy to be around. Now RBarker is another trip, he seems to always get his shorts in a twist.....Maybe he should try St John's Wort or Melatonin.

Old Cardinal
11-15-2002, 01:10 PM
To HoHoHo: I think that you have proven that there are two idiots in Bridge City-you and I.

eagle08
11-15-2002, 03:31 PM
Hey BC fans, how did the pep rally at the Wal-Mart turn out for ya'll yesterday?

labrat99
11-15-2002, 03:32 PM
WOW! - There's been enough smack talk on this topic that somebody is going to be eating SERIOUS crow on Sunday morning...

I'm thinking that this is going to be a heck of a good ballgame - both teams are talented and well coached. The only thing that might cause it to be a blowout is if one or the other team gets a bad case of turnoveritis.

In any case, good luck to both sides - see ya Saturday night!

RBARKER
11-15-2002, 03:45 PM
Old Card, I'm not really that bad I just hate stupid remarks on this board. You are a well known member on this board and I respect some of your visions on football matches but, when you down grade this or any other BH team I will be hear to call you on it. You have done a good job of promoting the Cardinals on this site but there is such a thing of over promoting. Trying to make people think that they are a team that probably could not live up to what you paste on this board. The fact is no one ever heard of BC until their 3A day view in 2000. I think BH has been to the playoffs something like 28 times to BC's 6. BC has started a good thing since the drop down to 3A and will continue their success for many years to come under the leader ship of coach Tarver. I will call a truce if you will. Good Luck Tomorrow. I am glad it's Friday so I can see some football!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to the Baytown Lee game tonight to watch Drew Tate one more time before he heads off to A&M.

BHcheeze24
11-15-2002, 05:08 PM
HoHoHo:
I still say Bridge City by 12. I don't think that the BH QB or tailback will get over 30 yards apiece against our defense.Thats one very funny comment. HAHAHA!!! I think u are under estimating Northcutt's ability as a QB a little to much. He's looked great throwing the ball in the later part of the season with most of his interceptions in the early half. Last weeks interception was just a good play by a corner as the ball was a pretty long pass into the endzone. He's no chump at running the ball either. He can blow up a hole just as good as anyone can. I think he gets it from all those steals he had this past spring in baseball. And if u are saying Perry is going to stay at just 30yds rushing then i will say this u better watch out for Northcutt for sure then because he will be running or skying it out.

This is how i see BH's game going. If Perry has 30yds rushing then Northcutt will have 300yds passing and another 100yds rushing with atleast 2 td passes to either cummings or landry or Northcutt 75 yds passing and rushing combined while Perry will have atleast 150 yds rushing 2tds with cummings right behind with 100 yds rushing/passing atleast 1 td or atleast 1 Dolan rushing td

On who will when. BH hopefully but they'll be playing their hearts out and i think they'll have Kelly McCoy looking down on them pushing them over BC. BH21 BC17. GO EAGLES!!!

Eagles52
11-15-2002, 05:30 PM
Why dont you all stop defending yourselves and fighting, regardless of what you meant by your words this forum is not meant for talking about someones personal life it is about football so lets stick to the topic, talk about your opinion on the game with facts or reasons that support your views

EagleTE81
11-16-2002, 01:23 AM
RBARKER, im not sure if this is a 100% true, but drew tate might not be going to A&M, or anywhere for that matter,.... the word is he had someone take his SAT's for him and they got caught......... just something to keep in mind....

LETS GO EAGLES,
we are looking forward to seeing everyone tonite....

EagleTE81

ej2525
11-16-2002, 09:34 AM
What is the farthest in school history that BH has ever gone in the playoffs?

RBARKER
11-16-2002, 10:58 AM
BH won State twice way back when they were 1 A. I think that was the early 70's since then I am not for sure but it is probaly 1999 when they went three rounds in Div II. Man EagleTE I hope that is not true about Drew Tate he played a hell of a game last night at least 300 yds in the air. Oh well I cant wait till tonight Eagles play your heart out!!!!!!!!!!

trojandad
11-16-2002, 11:32 AM
I think I'm gonna bring some nitroglycerine pills tonight for RBarker, just in case. LOL

Saturday games just suck with that extra day, don't they?

Old Cardinal
11-16-2002, 12:13 PM
AN OPEN LETTER TO BOTH SETS OF FANS I am so proud of both of these teams- just as you are-they are both 7-0 in District play. I started this thread to create even more interest and they entries have topped 100+. Lets hope for no injures tonight and hope that who ever wins represents this area of Texas very well. We all look forwward to a great game tonight God Bless!

trojandad
11-16-2002, 12:14 PM
Amen, Old Card, Amen.

AP_OLB_1
11-16-2002, 12:20 PM
how do you get to stallworth??? i went there to watch baytown lee play but ive forgot.. since im comming from anahuac do i exit at main or do i get off the exit before? can someone help me out who lives in the area...? and what time does the game start?

3ABirdMan
11-16-2002, 12:47 PM
AP_OLB_1........

Exit Sjolander and turn left (south). Follow it until you see the stadium on the right.

I've never been there, but had inlaws that lived in the area a few years back, and have driven by it several times. It's not hard to find.

Thanks for you guys support (even if your pulling for the hill). I was very impressed by your program, from Jr High up - all of your kids are learning how to play the game as a team, not as a few stars and supporting cast.

Great luck next year - I know you'll be in the mix next November!

BH_146
11-16-2002, 01:03 PM
Well here it is game day. There is a nice strong north wind blowing through Stallworth. It could be the punting game may come into play. If the team who is battling against the wind in the first quarter cannot advance the ball very far from their endzone and the punting game doesn't help out, the tone of the game could be set. This happend a couple of years ago against Sweeny. Our defense had to defend a short field most of the night. It sure made for a long game. The stats below seem to point out how close this game could be.

Punting Stats
Bridge City 36 - 1210 yds - 33.6 ave.
Barbers Hill 36 - 1205 yds - 33.4 ave.

FBmania
11-16-2002, 01:34 PM
No more stats! I want contact! Helmets flying off, pads smashing together, lowend grunting from the OL and DL and the quiet sound of #22 and company scorching the sideline yard markers as they blow by. Or 3 yds and a big cloud of dust, just start the game already!!!!!

I can hardly stand it! Eagle fans shhh!! Can you hear it? Do you feel it? The calm just before the almighty EAGLE THUNDER STORM!!!

Let's show the rest of the state what it sounds like when two proud district champions clash! Here's to a great, hard fought, injury free game from both teams. Eagles/Cardinals we are all proud of you! Now shake hands and come out smashing!!!

SOAR EAGLES SOAR!!

P.S. That is another stat that shows how close these two teams are BH146. Amazing!

<small>[ November 16, 2002, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: FBmania ]</small>

exbccards76'smom
11-16-2002, 03:44 PM
Amen!!! Let's all enjoy a great INJURY-free game tonight. Any one that is curious enough to look for me, I will be the one with the blinking lights on!!

Donna http://www.trianglefootball.net/brickwall/fightcard.gif :)

FBmania
11-16-2002, 03:52 PM
Alright excardsmom I'll look for you! I'll be the guy on the other side in all blue and my face blue from lack of oxygen from raising cane! eek! :D

AP_OLB_1
11-16-2002, 04:56 PM
thanks 3a birdman... i to be honest im pulling for the 21 2a district champs on this one... it sure will be a great game i think one of the best in the state. good luck and ahve a save injury free game

RBARKER
11-16-2002, 06:09 PM
Just a note. Last night when i went to the Baytown Lee gams Sjolander exit was closed. So you might have to exit N. Main take a left go down to the first light (Archer) and take a left this will lead you right by the stadium. Everyone have a save trip. Good luck to both teams this is going to be a great game.

BigRed01
11-16-2002, 09:51 PM
What a game!.......this is one great game!

BWK/LBP
11-16-2002, 10:18 PM
whats the score?

BigRed01
11-16-2002, 10:46 PM
BWK/LBP:
whats the score?Final
Bridge City 31
Barbers Hill 14

Good game though, Peebles really put on a show.

LP-DB
11-16-2002, 10:51 PM
Good job bc..and hell of a job BH ya'll represented our district well..

wreck havic the rest of the way BC

# 80

exbccards76'smom
11-17-2002, 12:38 AM
If you had to listen to it on the radio, you really missed something special. Watching Jamey return that kickoff for a TD, and Matt running 70 yards for a TD was great!! http://ubb.trianglefootball.net/ubb/ubbgobigred.gif

BigRed01
11-17-2002, 01:28 AM
Once he had the game in the bag I was kinda concerned that he left Jamie in there. That kid is unreal. eek!

BHcheeze24
11-17-2002, 01:54 AM
That last TD run was something else. This is how i saw it: snap, handoff, missed tackle, missed tackle, missed tackle, he's stopped, no, missed tackle, missed tackle, going going gone.

Those are most elusive boys i've ever seen.

BigRed01
11-17-2002, 02:12 AM
BHcheeze24:
That last TD run was something else. This is how i saw it: snap, handoff, missed tackle, missed tackle, missed tackle, he's stopped, no, missed tackle, missed tackle, going going gone.

Those are most elusive boys i've ever seen.BHcheeze24, I saw Jamie return one on Hardin, simply unreal.....he had at least, and I am not kidding at least 8-9 guys try to lay a hand on him. Jamie Knight can scoot. It does all this dodging and weaving, then when you think you got him.....BAM, he's gone. I have been watching Cardinal football for a long time, and high school football....he is one of the most elusive runners I have ever seen.

trojandad
11-17-2002, 02:35 AM
Very good game. Just got home from it. Was very impressed with both teams, and the adjustments made at halftime. Good luck to BC.

I watched two games today with our CS bunch, Newton vs Teague and this one. The first game was 0-0 till late in the game when a decision to run out of the end zone rather than a pass out of bounds rusulted in a tide turning safety against Teague. Their steam left and they had 2 TDs against them in a quarter.

The BH game was very close after BH scored follwing the onside kick at the start of the 2nd half. My question is this: Coldspring had four kickoffs from BH when we played them, all were push (pooch) kicks to short men behind the front line. But BH chose to kick long to BC. Was it a forgetful thing? Does it mean that BH had more respect for the CS returners than the BC ones? I can tell you our collective jaws dropped when we say BH kick deep.

Whether accidental or intentional, that appeared to us to be the back breaker as was the safety in the Teague game. So much of BH's gane is winning the mind game portion and their edge they worked for slipped away after that. Amazing how football between two great teams is like an easily tottered seesaw. One slip and BOOM.

It was great to see the BH guys who came to our game. We invited all of them to our tailgate party at SHSU in Huntsville next Friday before our game with LaGrange. They all said they would be there. You BH rooters come get fed and swap war stories with us, then we'll all go inside and beat LaGrange.

I'm tired, 3 playoff games in 24 hours, I feel like an addict with a GREAT fix. LOL