PDA

View Full Version : The Cowboys QB

kepdawg
10-13-2006, 12:01 PM
Would they be better of if Quincy was the QB right now?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-13-2006, 12:08 PM
For Quincy it be better if he was still on a team:D

SintonFan
10-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Would they be better of if Quincy was the QB right now?
No. But him as the team doctor couldn't hurt.
did i say that? :doh: :o

Bellville22
10-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Every time I watch Drew Bledsoe, it feels like someone hit the slow-motion button.

Go Cowboys!

coach
10-13-2006, 12:34 PM
yes we need quincy should have never let him go him and troy are the only two gbs in the last 20 yrs to take us to the playoffs and drew plain sux

JasperDog94
10-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Quincy was a joke.

coach
10-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Quincy was a joke.

he made the playoffs

MagicMan
10-13-2006, 12:42 PM
quincy was developing into a great qb. its funny how they have pretty much have the same players and go from a 10-6 playoff team to a 6-10 team after releasing him. but yeah he was a joke dude:rolleyes:

coach
10-13-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
quincy was developing into a great qb. its funny how they have pretty much have the same players and go from a 10-6 playoff team to a 6-10 team after releasing him. but yeah he was a joke dude:rolleyes:

if he is a joke what is bledsoe and testaverde and ryan leaf and whoever else played qb since aikman

MagicMan
10-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by coach
if he is a joke what is bledsoe and testaverde and ryan leaf and whoever else played qb since aikman
did you not read my post?

Txbroadcaster
10-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan

uhh they dont have nearly the same players from their 10-6 season. I think maybe 5-6 starters was on the 10-6 team.

Bearkat
10-13-2006, 12:49 PM
The COWBOYS would not be better off with Quincy. The only thing he could do well, was run the ball. He had the legs to get himself away from a pass rush. His throwing ability reminded me of Aaron Brooks, from Oakland. It's a 50-50 shot on a bad pass everytime he throws. Quincy just didn't seem to have the ability or mind that it takes to play QB at the NFL level.

Txbroadcaster
10-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
The COWBOYS would not be better off with Quincy. The only thing he could do well, was run the ball. He had the legs to get himself away from a pass rush. His throwing ability reminded me of Aaron Brooks, from Oakland. It's a 50-50 shot on a bad pass everytime he throws. Quincy just didn't seem to have the ability or mind that it takes to play QB at the NFL level.

Not sure why Brooks has such a bad reputation the guy has thrown 120 TD compared to 84 INT. That is pretty dang good if you ask me

Bullaholic
10-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Bellville22
Every time I watch Drew Bledsoe, it feels like someone hit the slow-motion button.

Go Cowboys!

You're not talking about "Brew Dead-slow" are you? :D

JasperDog94
10-13-2006, 12:54 PM
If Quincy was sooooo good, the why hasn't 1 of the other 31 teams picked him up?

JasperDog94
10-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Not sure why Brooks has such a bad reputation the guy has thrown 120 TD compared to 84 INT. That is pretty dang good if you ask me Because he's not a winner. Not at the pro level.

Txbroadcaster
10-13-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Because he's not a winner. Not at the pro level. a

I disagree, I think that is more on the teams he played for and not him as a qb. All I know is I would take a QB anyday who has thrown 120 TD compared to 84 int.

Bearkat
10-13-2006, 01:15 PM
He couldn't start a full season with Tampa Bay, he was very bad with the Saints, and he isn't doing anyting with Oakland.

pirate4state
10-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You're not talking about "Brew Dead-slow" are you? :D :doh: He'll probably have a good game against Houston (fingers crossed) and then stink it up AGAIN against NY, Carolina & Washington!! :doh:

Txbroadcaster
10-13-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
He couldn't start a full season with Tampa Bay, he was very bad with the Saints, and he isn't doing anyting with Oakland.

He never played for the Bucs...His time in NO was again not as bad as people think. He lead them to their first play-off win in franchise history, He threw for 3500 yds or more in 4 straight seasons in NO threw for at least 20 TD each year.

He was hurt by his TEAM, being very inconsitent, especially the defense.

I am not saying he is one of the best QBs, I am saying he is better than people think.

As far as Oakland, well they are the worst team in years, no qb would have success with the OL.

MagicMan
10-13-2006, 01:28 PM
he started 3 games for the jets in 04 and had a 2-1 record. and to the guy talking about the cowboys not having many of the same players on their team, i was referring to the year they went to the playoffs and the year after that. they didnt lose anybody. vinny T just sucked kinda like bledsoe. neither one can run and they throw ints like crazy. parcells is just old, fat, dumb, retarded, rich, and not at all a good coach anymore. hopefully the media is just being told bledsoe will start this week and then on sunday romo will start and surprise everyone.

Bearkat
10-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
He never played for the Bucs...His time in NO was again not as bad as people think. He lead them to their first play-off win in franchise history, He threw for 3500 yds or more in 4 straight seasons in NO threw for at least 20 TD each year.

He was hurt by his TEAM, being very inconsitent, especially the defense.

I am not saying he is one of the best QBs, I am saying he is better than people think.

As far as Oakland, well they are the worst team in years, no qb would have success with the OL.

I stand corrected. I was thinking about Shaun King. My bad.

KTJ
10-13-2006, 01:38 PM
The team that went to the playoffs isn't the same team that is playing right now. You can't base how good/bad Quincy was off of what's happening right now.

With that said, I'm fed up with Drew Bledsoe.

STXBramha
10-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Quincy was just a fast drew bledsoe..both are brutal. And about quincy taking dallas to the playoffs. . He got knocked out in the wild card, Bledsoe has actually won a super bowl

eagles_victory
10-13-2006, 01:43 PM
whos the next senior citizen qb the cowboys bring in after dead-slow

injuredinmelee
10-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by coach
yes we need quincy should have never let him go him and troy are the only two gbs in the last 20 yrs to take us to the playoffs and drew plain sux

Tell me you are not serious. You should not be allowed to even discuss football for using Quincy and Troy in the same sentence. Quincy was the biggest joke ever on Jerry jones GM Resume. He isnt smart enough to pump gas much less lead an NFL team. The Boys were desperate and jerry was an idiot that is the only reason he got a job in the league. The Jets were simply desperate and got rid of him as fast as they could.

MagicMan
10-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by STXBramha
Quincy was just a fast drew bledsoe..both are brutal. And about quincy taking dallas to the playoffs. . He got knocked out in the wild card, Bledsoe has actually won a super bowl
hahahaha. yeah bledsoe "won" a super bowl. so did kurt warner. warner even won two MVP awards. they are old and need to retire. trent dilfer even won a super bowl. brad johnson won a super bowl. too bad they all suck now. johnson is okay though. i think its funny you give bledsoe credit for winning a super bowl when he was a backup.

coach
10-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Tell me you are not serious. You should not be allowed to even discuss football for using Quincy and Troy in the same sentence. Quincy was the biggest joke ever on Jerry jones GM Resume. He isnt smart enough to pump gas much less lead an NFL team. The Boys were desperate and jerry was an idiot that is the only reason he got a job in the league. The Jets were simply desperate and got rid of him as fast as they could.

hes smart enough to lead a team to the playoffs and jerry jones is an idiot there is no was to it always been an idiot

mrescape43
10-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You're not talking about "Brew Dead-slow" are you? :D :D :clap: :clap:

aggie09
10-13-2006, 02:25 PM
yes jerry jones is an idiot. Why didn't he get drew brees when he had the chance?