PDA

View Full Version : Ladies.....

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Some of you might appreciate this. :D

Yesterday morning, I happened to see the top front page of one of the sections of the American-Statesman (food, fashion, etc section). There was a picture of a "football" purse. I decided that I just had to have it as a "reward" for all the long hours I've had to work the last few weeks. (Any excuse works.... :D ) I read the little article and it mentioned a store in Austin.

Since I had to go to the office anyway, and the location wasn't out of my way, I decided to go by there on the way home. :weeping: :weeping: The store didn't actually have the purse, only another purse (burnt orange & different style). I was crushed, because I really really really wanted it.

I got home and reread the article. :doh: It didn't say the store had them, but mentioned the maker of the football purses. Sooooo.....I went on an internet search & found the website. My biggest dilemma was whether to order the "official" purse or the two-tone one. I showed the two-tone one to lhpd....his response was "oh geez". That was my first clue that it was the one, but I showed it to # 74 last night. He confirmed that was the one by saying "Ooooh, you have to get that one. A bunch of the other moms will be soooo jealous". So, I placed the order this morning and got the confirmation email a few minutes ago. :D I can hardly wait!

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/5374/fbcolors2tonesmxi9.gif

Ranger Mom
10-13-2006, 11:35 AM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

This mom is jealous...you have to send me the link!!!:kiss:

pirate4state
10-13-2006, 11:36 AM
AP Panter Fan may want one too!!! :D Same colors!!

Good for you!!! Enjoy it!!

3afan
10-13-2006, 11:37 AM
why not post the link - its the perfect Chrismas gift!!! :nerd:

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2006, 11:40 AM
www.red24bags.com

I absolutely LOVED the original one, since it's made from an actual football, but the school colors were just too much not to have.

Ranger Mom
10-13-2006, 11:44 AM
I thought the pic had some keys hanging out of it....didn't realize it was a "whistle" zipper pull til I saw the close up.

They have my schools color too.....(the navy blue anyway)!!

pirate4state
10-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I thought the pic had some keys hanging out of it....didn't realize it was a "whistle" zipper pull til I saw the close up.

They have my schools color too.....(the navy blue anyway)!!

The "whistle" sold it for me!! :D :D I want one!!! I think I like the solid walnut color over the maroon. :thinking: Decisions, decisions....

CHS_CG
10-13-2006, 11:50 AM
I am sure my mom would like to have one but.. she has to be able to fit the kitchen sink in her purses...

44INAROW
10-13-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
www.red24bags.com

I absolutely LOVED the original one, since it's made from an actual football, but the school colors were just too much not to have.

Red24bags ought to give you a freeie for giving them so much publicity....... I am sharing with mom's here in Cuero :)

luvhoops34
10-13-2006, 11:55 AM
OMG, it's sooooo cute!!! School colors too. If I had a son playing football, it would be a must have for friday nights!

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I am sure my mom would like to have one but.. she has to be able to fit the kitchen sink in her purses...
If I planned to use it for my "all the time" purse, I'd need it almost that size. It looks to be a good enough size to work for me from August-November/December.

pirate4state
10-13-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Red24bags ought to give you a freeie for giving them so much publicity....... I am sharing with mom's here in Cuero :) Are you gonna get one? Which color? :D

44INAROW
10-13-2006, 11:59 AM
If I planned to use it for my "all the time" purse, I'd need it almost that size. It looks to be a good enough size to work for me from August-November/December.
that's what I have LHPM - I don't use my "regular" purse for football games, I have a "tote-bag" that is sturdy and has several pockets for gloves, bottles of water, camera, coin purse, "lady stuff", but tall enough for football programs, umbrella and slickersuit in case of rain - but that GREEN football purse sure is cute - I might be able to squeeze my stuff in there :D

Originally posted by pirate4state
Are you gonna get one? Which color? :D

if I get one, It will be the solid green one..... :)

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2006, 12:04 PM
When it arrives, I'm going to "suggest" on their "contact us" page that they make matching wallets. :D :nerd:

pirate4state
10-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
that's what I have LHPM - I don't use my "regular" purse for football games, I have a "tote-bag" that is sturdy and has several pockets for gloves, bottles of water, camera, coin purse, "lady stuff", but tall enough for football programs, umbrella and slickersuit in case of rain - but that GREEN football purse sure is cute - I might be able to squeeze my stuff in there :D

if I get one, It will be the solid green one..... :)

I usually have 2 bags with me. The "tote-bag" for all that stuff you have listed AND my purse! :p :nerd:

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2006, 12:25 PM
I usually have 2 bags with me. The "tote-bag" for all that stuff you have listed AND my purse! :p :nerd:
Well, I DO have the yellow/purple tote bag for the cowbells. :D

SintonFan
10-13-2006, 12:27 PM
As long as you can fit the cowbells, that's all that matters, right?:D

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2006, 12:31 PM
Well, I DO have the yellow/purple tote bag for the cowbells. :D

Originally posted by SintonFan
As long as you can fit the cowbells, that's all that matters, right?:D

:p :p :p

AggieJohn
10-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Gentlemen,

DO NOT GET THIS FOR YOUR WIFE FOR AN ANNIVERSARY PRESENT

http://www.red24bags.com/images/products/fball-original_lg.gif

SintonFan
10-13-2006, 12:35 PM
:p :p :p
I know I know. I posted it after you posted yours. I'm getting a headache at the thought of those cowbells again.:(

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
Gentlemen,

Does the whistle scare you, AJ? :D

SWMustang
10-13-2006, 12:55 PM
he's worried about being called for a personal foul. :)

Ranger Mom
10-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Gentlemen,

I'm actually telling my husband that is exactly what I want!!

He is gonna freak that I want a purse, I'm not normally into that kind of "stuff"!!

CHS_Grad '85
10-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Colors Football Purse
Color: Purple/Gold
Price: SOLD OUT!

:thinking: Interesting... wonder if LHPM had anything to do with this...:D

pirate4state
10-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by CHS_Grad '85
Colors Football Purse

:thinking: Interesting... wonder if LHPM had anything to do with this...:D :eek: ROFL! Maybe they only had one??? :thinking:

Ranger Mom
10-13-2006, 01:20 PM
:eek: ROFL! Maybe they only had one??? :thinking:

Heaven help if them if she gets an email telling her "They regret to inform her that the purple/gold purses are SOLD OUT":eek: :eek:

SintonFan
10-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Colors Football Purse

She needs a commission! :clap:

pirate4state
10-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Heaven help if them if she gets an email telling her "They regret to inform her that the purple/gold purses are SOLD OUT":eek: :eek: She already got the confirmation, but you are right...she will go :foul: :foul: on somebody!!

CHS_Grad '85
10-13-2006, 01:26 PM
OMG!!!! This is too funny!!!!

Don’t fumble with your football knowledge. This test will help you tackle the talk.

1. Each team can have how many players on the field at a time:
a) 9
b) 10
c) 11
d) As many as they’d like

2. Which of these is not a unit of a football team:
a) Offense
b) Defense
c) Special Teams
d) Beer Vendor

3. Yard lines divide the field into 5-yard intervals. Not counting the goal lines, how many yard lines are on the field?
a) 16
b) 19
c) 20
d) Yard signs? On the field?

4. Teams switch sides:
a) at the half
b) at each quarter
c) They don’t switch sides
d) So they can find their families in the stands

5. To signal a penalty, what does the referee throw?
a) A white flag
b) A yellow flag
c) A checkered flag
d) A tantrum

6. If an offensive lineman jerks his body before the ball is snapped, his team loses five yards because of:
a) Illegal Procedure
b) Offside
c) Encroachment
d) Charlie horse

7. Holding occurs when a player attempts to restrain an opponent moving without the ball. What is the penalty for offensive holding?
a) 5 yards
b) 10 yards
c) 15 yards
d) No dessert at dinner

8. Tackling a quarterback behind the line of scrimmage is called a:
a) Sack
b) Quarter Tackle
c) Blitz
d) Bear Hug

9. When a player throws his body across the back of an opponent’s leg, or hits him from the back below the waist, this is called:
a) Sacking
b) Clipping
c) Chucking
d) Dirty Tricks

10. A football field measures:
a) 120 yards long, 50 yards wide
b) 100 yards long, 53 yards wide
c) 100 yards long, 50 yards wide
d) A football field doesn’t measure anything

11. Each quarter lasts:
a) 12 minutes
b) 15 minutes
c) 30 minutes
d) The quarterback decides

12. Half time is how many minutes long:
a) 20 minutes
b) 15 minutes
c) 12 minutes
d) Long enough to get to the bathroom, then buy a beer

13. The position on the field where play begins is called the:
a) Line of Safety
b) Line of Scrimmage
c) Running Line
d) Downward Dog

14. Only the quarterback is allowed to pass the ball
a) True
b) False
c) Both

15. This occurs when the offensive ball carrier is tackled behind his own goal line.
a) Fumble
b) Safety
c) Turnover
d) Disappointment

pirate4state
10-13-2006, 01:30 PM
#9 - Dirty tricks!!! LMAO

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Colors Football Purse

ROFL! I saw the same thing. :D Fortunately, there were two places the purple/gold was shown. :D

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2006, 01:46 PM
d) A tantrum

AJ? :devil:

pirate4state
10-13-2006, 02:15 PM
d) A tantrum

AJ? :devil:

http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/hysterical.gif http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/hysterical.gif http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/hysterical.gif

AP Panther Fan
10-14-2006, 11:59 AM

Yesterday morning, I happened to see the top front page of one of the sections of the American-Statesman (food, fashion, etc section). There was a picture of a "football" purse. I decided that I just had to have it as a "reward" for all the long hours I've had to work the last few weeks. (Any excuse works.... :D ) I read the little article and it mentioned a store in Austin.

Since I had to go to the office anyway, and the location wasn't out of my way, I decided to go by there on the way home. :weeping: :weeping: The store didn't actually have the purse, only another purse (burnt orange & different style). I was crushed, because I really really really wanted it.

I got home and reread the article. :doh: It didn't say the store had them, but mentioned the maker of the football purses. Sooooo.....I went on an internet search & found the website. My biggest dilemma was whether to order the "official" purse or the two-tone one. I showed the two-tone one to lhpd....his response was "oh geez". That was my first clue that it was the one, but I showed it to # 74 last night. He confirmed that was the one by saying "Ooooh, you have to get that one. A bunch of the other moms will be soooo jealous". So, I placed the order this morning and got the confirmation email a few minutes ago. :D I can hardly wait!

LHPM...your purse ROCKS! Maybe I will get to see you and the purse one of these days!:D

All is not right on the downlow when I miss a conversation about purses!:wave: :wave:

LHMom
10-14-2006, 12:02 PM
I showed it to # 74 last night. He confirmed that was the one by saying "Ooooh, you have to get that one. A bunch of the other moms will be soooo jealous".

LHPM - it will be awesome. I will ooh and aah appropriately in front of all the other moms. Purple Nails and I used to call that "Panther Envy" when we had the newest "awesome" Panther accessory.

LHMom
10-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Gentlemen,

I would actually LOVE this for an anniversary present!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-14-2006, 12:22 PM

74 had a great game last night. When you said quick guard, I didn't think you meant THAT quick.

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
74 had a great game last night. When you said quick guard, I didn't think you meant THAT quick.
ROFL! He's the strong tackle....but that's okay. ;) And thank you! I know that he will appreciate it coming from you. :)

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Woohoo! It's here! :clap: :clap: And I must say, it's beautimous! :)

stangGirl2007
10-18-2006, 02:42 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

This mom is jealous...you have to send me the link!!!:kiss:

That pure is REALLY cute!!:D :kiss:

luvhoops34
10-18-2006, 02:52 PM
We need a picture of YOU with "THE PURSE". :)

Gsquared
10-18-2006, 03:03 PM

Dang, now thats a cool purse, this is one of those times I wish I were a woman.

pirate4state
10-18-2006, 03:03 PM
Woohoo! It's here! :clap: :clap: And I must say, it's beautimous! :) YAY!!!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

Ranger Mom
10-18-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
We need a picture of YOU with "THE PURSE". :)

Hey Deb!!

Take a pic of your purse.....and when you upload you can upload it as your profile pic on myspace too.

Kill 2 birds with one football!!:D :D

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Hey Deb!!

Take a pic of your purse.....and when you upload you can upload it as your profile pic on myspace too.

Kill 2 birds with one football!!:D :D
Good idea! :)

LHMom
10-18-2006, 07:46 PM
I can't wait to see it!!

Hansum Stranger
10-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Did that say $100 for a purse?