PDA

View Full Version : Aggie Changes

aggie09
10-13-2006, 11:18 AM
First off, Fran needs to be removed from college station. I did not think he was right for the job when it was announced four years ago.

And on the subject of the TAMU running back, jarvorski should not get the ball whatsoever. The 300 lb pulling gaurd at running back idea that Fran has is ludicrous. TAMU to me looks more and more like a junior high b team when they put him back there. Yes he did work against the Citadel, Army, and ULALA; but those teams were all inferior to the talent that A&M has. And when we play the "Big Boys"...ie. TU and OU, we will not have a chance.

I am a big fan of having the real fast, shifty back in the backfield, and getting him out in space to create problems for the defense. Which A&M does have in Goodson and Lewis. Though Goodson is a freshman, and does make mistakes. Those mistakes can be masked over if he creates big plays which he has the ability to do.

So, big changes need to be made in aggieland. Not only the tailback but also the head man....Fran isn't the man in aggieland

Adidas410s
10-13-2006, 11:20 AM
just fyi...it's UT not TU...unless you're worried about A&M losing to Tulane! ;)

WestTXLonghorn
10-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
just fyi...it's UT not TU...unless you're worried about A&M losing to Tulane! ;)

If I was him I'd be worried about losing to every single team left on the schedule.:D

coach
10-13-2006, 11:35 AM
ok aggie im also an aggie fan and ur right about fran he just plain sucks but japorky is a decent back he is secound in the nation in td's so obviously something is working and courtney lewis is just not goin to cut it he is another reggie mcneil waste of talent and a baby always hurt but i like the fact that fran switches from little back to REALLY BIG BACK lol

aggie09
10-13-2006, 11:48 AM
well the second in the nation in td's is a pretty skewed number, who have we played? And look at the other TD numbers that A&M has there are not very many. When we are in the red zone, the ball is just given to "japorky", and it is getting old.

big daddy russ
10-13-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by aggie09
well the second in the nation in td's is a pretty skewed number, who have we played? And look at the other TD numbers that A&M has there are not very many. When we are in the red zone, the ball is just given to "japorky", and it is getting old.
As long as it works, keep doing it.

I like Jorvorskie. He's fast, tough to bring down, doesn't have much lateral quickness but he beats down the defense and takes the load off our other two backs. I wish Fran would use him more. I'd love to see him get 15-20 carries a game and split 25-30 carries between Lewis, Goodson, and McGee. That would wear down the defense, keep A&M in tough games, and play to the strength of the offense. It would also open up the passing lanes for McGee.

It may be boring, but it's won NC's for Nebraska, Ohio State, and tons of other teams out there.

IHStangFan
10-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by coach
ok aggie im also an aggie fan and ur right about fran he just plain sucks but japorky is a decent back he is secound in the nation in td's so obviously something is working and courtney lewis is just not goin to cut it he is another reggie mcneil waste of talent and a baby always hurt but i like the fact that fran switches from little back to REALLY BIG BACK lol I agree w/ the first Aggie. When Japorky is the highlight of your offense...youre in trouble. SURE hes got some TDs...but heck....get ANY 300lb guy 2 yds from the goal line and give him the ball...hes bound to FALL forward across the line. What I've noticed is that hes good for a couple of series, then hes cashed....he runs outa gas. Get the guy in the offseason, shed 40 lbs, and build up some stamina, then you might have something. I'm a huge Aggie fan, but this years team ....well....its gonna be ugly from here on out unless some changes are made.

coach
10-13-2006, 04:01 PM
if its workin its workin thqats why we have goodson and if lewis aint cryin we got him i im with big daddy i like japorky