PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Kirk Douglas and Burt Lancaster

Phil C
10-13-2006, 11:00 AM
We know these were two great actors but did you know they were great athletes as well. While in college Kirk was a wrestler while Burt joined the circus and became a great acrobat. Kirk gave up his wrestling career to go into acting and Burt served our country in the Navy in WW2 and after his discharge went into acting. They made so many great movies too. They became great lifelong friends until Burt's death. They appeared in seven great movies together and they are as follows:

1948 I Walk Alone

1957 Gunfight at the OK Corral (Burt is Wyatt Earp and Kirk is Doc Holiday)

1959 The Devil's Desciple

1963 The List of Adrian Messenger (Kirk was the main villian here while Burt made a cameo and if you can figure out who he is before the ending reveals it then you are good. Other disguised cameos were Tony Curtis (hard to find) and Robert Mitchum (easy to find). The main star of the movie was George C. Scott

1964 Seven Days in May

1976 Victory at Entebbe (A Made for TV movie)

1986 Tough Guys

There were plans to make a Toughs Guy Part 2 Movie but unfortunately Burt passed away before the project could get started.

Adidas410s
10-13-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
We are in the middle of 3A HS football season! In fact this week many teams will be playing their first district game! It is time to concentrate on 3A HS football! Yet still you post on UT, A&M and the Spurs and Mavs and what have you! Some of you even post volleyball and soccer results not to mention when tv is showing old movies for crying out loud! So let's get with the purpose of the web site. 3A High School Football! Come on now! Earth to 3A Downlow Posters! Knock Knock! Hello! 3A High School Football! Critical District games coming up! Hello! Get with the program!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Adidas410s
10-13-2006, 11:03 AM
QUALITY OVER QUANTITY!!! :mad:

SWMustang
10-13-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
We know these were two great actors but did you know they were great athletes as well. While in college Kirk was a wrestler while Burt joined the circus and became a great acrobat. Kirk gave up his wrestling career to go into acting and Burt served our country in the Navy in WW2 and after his discharge went into acting. They made so many great movies too. They became great lifelong friends until Burt's death. They appeared in seven great movies together and they are as follows:

1948 I Walk Alone

1957 Gunfight at the OK Corral (Burt is Wyatt Earp and Kirk is Doc Holiday)

1959 The Devil's Desciple

1963 The List of Adrian Messenger (Kirk was the main villian here while Burt made a cameo and if you can figure out who he is before the ending reveals it then you are good. Other disguised cameos were Tony Curtis (hard to find) and Robert Mitchum (easy to find). The main star of the movie was George C. Scott

1964 Seven Days in May

1976 Victory at Entebbe (A Made for TV movie)

1986 Tough Guys

There were plans to make a Toughs Guy Part 2 Movie but unfortunately Burt passed away before the project could get started.

was Burt Lancaster in field of dreams or am I imagining that?

Tucson
10-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
was Burt Lancaster in field of dreams or am I imagining that? way to go swmustang he was Dr. Archibald "Moonlight" Graham:clap:

Phil C
10-13-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
was Burt Lancaster in field of dreams or am I imagining that?

He was in that movie!! He was Dr. Graham.