PDA

View Full Version : Snyder vs Canyon

Chunkthepill
10-13-2006, 10:32 AM
Any thoughts on this game. Snyder is extremely talented. Canyon has a great offense. It's homecoming for Snyder, so it's should be a crazy game. Sure that Rogers will try to trick stuff. Canyon starting to play well.

Give me you picks.

SWMustang
10-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Canyon by 10 at least.

Stownhorse
10-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Chunkthepill
Any thoughts on this game. Snyder is extremely talented. Canyon has a great offense. It's homecoming for Snyder, so it's should be a crazy game. Sure that Rogers will try to trick stuff. Canyon starting to play well.

Give me you picks.

Canyon by 21

injuredinmelee
10-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Canyon by 10. Sorry hops.

Man if it wasnt for hops I would be dogging Snyder constantly.

DaHop72
10-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Canyon by 10. Sorry hops.

Man if it wasnt for hops I would be dogging Snyder constantly. Hey no problem injured. I understand. Tigers improving each week. I say Tigers in a close one.:thumbsup:

SWMustang
10-13-2006, 10:53 AM
I don't think Snyder can keep up with a team that can put a lot of points on the board.

DaHop72
10-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I don't think Snyder can keep up with a team that can put a lot of points on the board. I guess that question will be answered tonight.:devil: :devil:

SWMustang
10-13-2006, 10:56 AM
good luck to the tigers. I hope they whack 'em.

pero chato
10-13-2006, 11:26 AM
The Snyder D is looking good the last three games--Snyder by 4.

sweetwater07
10-13-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Canyon by 21

i concur...Snyder should go home with their tails between their legs after this game...sorry hop

DaHop72
10-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i concur...Snyder should go home with their tails between their legs after this game...sorry hop That's okay considering who you are agreeing with.:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

sweetwater07
10-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
That's okay considering who you are agreeing with.:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

lol i find it hard to agree with him...hes a d-bag....lol:D :D

EricDraven
10-13-2006, 12:02 PM
Canyon, close game.

wimbo_pro
10-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Snyder in a close game, their defense will bring Canyons offense back down to earth.

mrescape43
10-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Snyder by 6

DUKE22
10-13-2006, 12:39 PM
I think some of you guys are starting to sound like Blackie and saying what you want to happen and not what you think will happen. Just remember other than Sweetwater, Canyon has played a joke of a schedule. I promise Snyder will be better than Sanford-Fritch. This game will be good one.

Snyder_TigerFan
10-13-2006, 12:54 PM
I'm hoping Snyder has made enough improvments since the start of the season to win this game. We HAVE to stop the penalties, they've cost the team much needed field position and seem to occur at the worst possible time. I'm going with Snyder in a close one.

It's a shame KSNY isn't up to date enough to provide webcasts. Is anyone going to provide updates? I'm out-of-pocket this week.

STANG RED
10-13-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
I think some of you guys are starting to sound like Blackie and saying what you want to happen and not what you think will happen. Just remember other than Sweetwater, Canyon has played a joke of a schedule. I promise Snyder will be better than Sanford-Fritch. This game will be good one.

Agreed! Canyon has only put up those big numbers against some awful weak teams. If the Tigers play smart D, and dont get beat deep, they should really have a chance to win this one. Just keep the ball out of Canyon's QBs hands as long as possible. Controlling the ball and clock is how Snyder has to win this game.

DaHop72
10-13-2006, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
If the Tigers play smart D, and dont get beat deep How prophetic Stang, long ball nearly killed us but the boys really stepped it up tonight.
:thumbsup:

DaHop72
10-14-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i concur...Snyder should go home with their tails between their legs after this game...sorry hop Told you that you shouldn't agree with Stown. So much for you two and your 21 points Canyon win.

DaHop72
10-14-2006, 12:03 AM
Congrats Canyon Eagles on a heck of a football game.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DaHop72
10-14-2006, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Canyon by 21 :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

football4life
10-14-2006, 01:19 AM
gah man great game. sure thought we should have pulled this one out, but that's the way it goes. we lost two linebackers in the 2nd half, which hurt us, especially on the last drive late, but our guys played extremely hard against a solid snyder bunch. offense had some troubles at times, and then looked great at times. tough to lose like that, but we'll bounce back and go for that 3rd straight district title. big win for snyder, get them so momentum, and our guys will have a week before district begins. i wish i could give the tigers more credit, but we left that one out there a little bit, and i also just have a hard time with snyder in general.

TigerPride
10-14-2006, 01:45 AM
GO TIGERS!!!( the best 4-3 team in the state)

Black_Magic
10-14-2006, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by football4life
gah man great game. sure thought we should have pulled this one out, but that's the way it goes. we lost two linebackers in the 2nd half, which hurt us, especially on the last drive late, but our guys played extremely hard against a solid snyder bunch. offense had some troubles at times, and then looked great at times. tough to lose like that, but we'll bounce back and go for that 3rd straight district title. big win for snyder, get them so momentum, and our guys will have a week before district begins. i wish i could give the tigers more credit, but we left that one out there a little bit, and i also just have a hard time with snyder in general.

2 weeks ago you had aproblem with Sweetwater now Snyder. These 2 teams are the only ones you have played. Gave it away you gave away 400 yards of offense against Sweetwater & Snyder. Canyon coaches refused to trade tape they returned no calls even the AD was called. If not for Sweetwater we would have had no tapes at all. Snyder & Sweetwater can talk trash about each other but come on we are not Sanfrod Fritch nothing aginst them though. YOur tunnell crew even set up infront of the Snyder Offense Snyder during pregame. They could not even run plays had to ask 3 times to get it moved. Sweetwater does not even do that or Snyder

Stownhorse
10-14-2006, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Back at you :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

good job tiger!:clap: :clap:

Tiger Baseball
10-14-2006, 07:10 AM
Congrats Tigers! Good hard fought game. My hats off to Canyon even though they are a bunch of cry babies. I hope the two Canyon LB's are ok. The Tigers rushed the ball very well tonight even before these LB's went out. Arrendale is a work horse he never quits running and Day ran very hard. The Tiger D had some holes in it. Too many wide open receivers. The Canyon O looked good at times. If their QB has the time he will pick you apart. The Canyon D gave up 290 yards rushing, not to wayno. Congrats again Tigers. :clap: :clap:

Black_Magic
10-14-2006, 12:15 PM
ttt

football4life
10-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
2 weeks ago you had aproblem with Sweetwater now Snyder. These 2 teams are the only ones you have played. Gave it away you gave away 400 yards of offense against Sweetwater & Snyder. Canyon coaches refused to trade tape they returned no calls even the AD was called. If not for Sweetwater we would have had no tapes at all. Snyder & Sweetwater can talk trash about each other but come on we are not Sanfrod Fritch nothing aginst them though. YOur tunnell crew even set up infront of the Snyder Offense Snyder during pregame. They could not even run plays had to ask 3 times to get it moved. Sweetwater does not even do that or Snyder

I'll be the first to admit that we gave up too many yards. Our defense was on the field entirely too long, especially in the 1st half. yet it was still a 3 point game. where is it that i say i have a "problem" with snyder. i have a hard time with snyder, for which reasons i won't say. as far as a problem with sweetwater, if you had any sense you would know that i had a problem with one player, not the team. as for the tape trading, you have no idea. Could you please find something better to complain about than our TUNNEL CREW? please, it's just the bunch of dads who get on their power trip. cmon man. And what is the deal with sanford fritch? yea they aren't good, who cares?? it's not like we were saying how good we were for beating them, so get off that, it's moronic.

Black_Magic
10-14-2006, 02:55 PM
I'll be the first to admit that we gave up too many yards. Our defense was on the field entirely too long, especially in the 1st half. yet it was still a 3 point game. where is it that i say i have a "problem" with snyder. i have a hard time with snyder, for which reasons i won't say. as far as a problem with sweetwater, if you had any sense you would know that i had a problem with one player, not the team. as for the tape trading, you have no idea. Could you please find something better to complain about than our TUNNEL CREW? please, it's just the bunch of dads who get on their power trip. cmon man. And what is the deal with sanford fritch? yea they aren't good, who cares?? it's not like we were saying how good we were for beating them, so get off that, it's moronic.

Wah - Wah - Wah - Wah - Wah - Wah. I do have an idea about the tape. I do not think you know anything about it.........

Ranger Mom
10-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Wah - Wah - Wah - Wah - Wah - Wah. I do have an idea about the tape. I do not think you know anything about it.........

I am curious about the "tape trading" incident. Is it common practice to trade tapes?? I'm going to play the "dumb mom" bit here!!:p

football4life
10-14-2006, 03:10 PM

wow, your incompetence is incredible. please, continue with your impressive argumentative style. maybe use words this time, just a tip. what exactly am i "wah"-ing about anyway? as for the tapes, you have your story, i have mine. i won't be idiotic enough to argue with your rumor mill biases.

Black_Magic
10-14-2006, 03:17 PM
What is yours about the tape trade?

football4life
10-14-2006, 03:22 PM
What is yours about the tape trade?

i was asked not to repeat, so i won't

Black_Magic
10-14-2006, 03:28 PM
In other words you have no idea.

football4life
10-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I am curious about the "tape trading" incident. Is it common practice to trade tapes?? I'm going to play the "dumb mom" bit here!!:p

yes it is common to trade tapes between schools of prior games.

football4life
10-14-2006, 03:29 PM
In other words you have no idea.

yea man, exactly.:rolleyes:

tuff26
10-14-2006, 03:38 PM
It is comon for Coaches to trade tape. In most Districts the trade 3 in some Districts they trade all tapes. There is usually a tight copy and a wide copy. I have only heard of a few times that coaches have not traded tapes. It usually happens when schools or Coaches have a history. I do not think (could be wrong) these 2 schools have ever played. Not sure the coaches have even coached against each other. I know the Snyder head Coach talkes highly of the Canyon head Coach and staff. Maybe life has some insight that I do not.

Black_Magic
10-14-2006, 03:41 PM
yea man, exactly.:rolleyes:

Nice Bird house I like it

football4life
10-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by tuff26
It is comon for Coaches to trade tape. In most Districts the trade 3 in some Districts they trade all tapes. There is usually a tight copy and a wide copy. I have only heard of a few times that coaches have not traded tapes. It usually happens when schools or Coaches have a history. I do not think (could be wrong) these 2 schools have ever played. Not sure the coaches have even coached against each other. I know the Snyder head Coach talkes highly of the Canyon head Coach and staff. Maybe life has some insight that I do not.

well, the best way i can put it is that it is a lot like how a coach talks really highly of the upcoming opponent, but it's not really what he thinks. that is likely the case. the two schools may have not ever played football against each other, but there is definitely no love lost.

football4life
10-14-2006, 03:48 PM
Nice Bird house I like it

thanks, sorry it got in the way last night, i know that really seemed to bother you.

tuff26
10-14-2006, 03:49 PM
I have never heard the Snyder Coach talk down about any program or Coaches. If anything he has talked about how that game might be the biggest test of the predist season. Not sure where that comes from though.

Black_Magic
10-14-2006, 03:50 PM
thanks, sorry it got in the way last night, i know that really seemed to bother you.

We just had to run the other way at the end of the game

football4life
10-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by tuff26
I have never heard the Snyder Coach talk down about any program or Coaches. If anything he has talked about how that game might be the biggest test of the predist season. Not sure where that comes from though.

i never said he has talked anyone down, i'm just saying what i'm saying. i won't pretend to think that these two schools in any sport or competition like each other.

tuff26
10-14-2006, 03:54 PM
I understand I think. I thought you were stating teh problem was between the 2 coaches. I got it now still kinda curious about the film trade though.

STANG RED
10-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Nice job Snyder. That was a great win! Showed a lot of heart to come back late and take the win. Glad to see you boys got the ship righted in time for district play. Greenwood should be your only real test left on your schedule. Wish I could see that game. It ought to be a doosey.

Tiger Baseball
10-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Now I heard something the other day that made me laugh. Canyon is the Wylie of the North!!! :clap: I also heard that Canyon withdrew from the Snyder baseball tourny this coming spring because Wylie plays in it and Canyon didn't want to play a team like them. :D

football4life
10-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
Now I heard something the other day that made me laugh. Canyon is the Wylie of the North!!! :clap: I also heard that Canyon withdrew from the Snyder baseball tourny this coming spring because Wylie plays in it and Canyon didn't want to play a team like them. :D

the wylie of the north?? what is that supposed to mean?:confused: as for canyon withdrawing from the snyder tourney, it's for reasons far beyond wylie being there, please tell me you don't really believe that.

HAN SING
10-15-2006, 04:08 PM
HAN SING hear at town bakery that Canyon Coach never return Snyder coach phone call all week prior to game. Snyder try to arrange tape trade but given cold shoulder and avoid calls. Snyder must have ally in Sweetwater who give more tapes to tigers then there are Chin's in chinese phone book. Han hear Snyder get more tape than ever. Tape escipade backfire on eagles.

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by HAN SING
HAN SING hear at town bakery that Canyon Coach never return Snyder coach phone call all week prior to game. Snyder try to arrange tape trade but given cold shoulder and avoid calls. Snyder must have ally in Sweetwater who give more tapes to tigers then there are Chin's in chinese phone book. Han hear Snyder get more tape than ever. Tape escipade backfire on eagles.

It's refreshing to know that when push comes to shove, Sweetwater and Snyder are there for each other!!

wildstangs
10-15-2006, 05:06 PM
It's refreshing to know that when push comes to shove, Sweetwater and Snyder are there for each other!!

You know it....Black Magic and I play cards twice a month. :)

football4life
10-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by HAN SING

ahh another one of those guys.....they just keep coming.

HAN SING
10-16-2006, 09:41 AM
Han not know what you mean. Sound like you try to start trouble with Han. Must warn you. Han train Second cousin Jackie who star in movies. Hoss also good friends with Han untill mess britches and Han must clean on ocasion. Han only do Laundry now but can protect self. Yin and Yang always in ballance in Han's Life. So Sorry but it not year of the Eagle.

Black_Magic
10-16-2006, 10:13 AM
I am curious about the "tape trading" incident. Is it common practice to trade tapes?? I'm going to play the "dumb mom" bit here!!:p Yes It is Common and customary to trade tapes one week before the game. Normaly the coaches contact the other side on the on the tuesday or at least thursday of the week before game week to agree on how many tapes will be traded and what games would be traded. it is very Rare that one coach would decide not to trade tapes. when it does happen they at least let the other side know they would not be trading tapes. To ignore calls or to not return calls on this issue would be seen as Very unusual in the ranks of coaches. You should at least tell the other side you would not be trading prior to the time of the usual tape exchange. In any event Snyder ended up with every tape Canyon had played this year and a couple of last years tapes. The usual tape trade is the last 3 games played so it is a bonanza to get All. Guess thats what happens when you pull this kind of thing. It makes the other side who may have felt snubbed more determined than ever to get tapes.

eagles72
10-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Sounds like a lot of he said this and I heard that kind of stuff to me. If anyone knows the Canyon coach, they would know he would not do this kind of stuff, especially not return calls. Just a lot of people trying to stir things up. You may not like it but Canyon has a very classy team and very classy coaches, and football4life is a very classy guy too. As for the baseball tournament, it was getting a little old with the same teams in there year after year, and with what they tried to pull last year. We are going to a Midland tournament, we are definately not running from Abilene Wylie, just want some different competition!!

Black_Magic
10-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by eagles72
Sounds like a lot of he said this and I heard that kind of stuff to me. If anyone knows the Canyon coach, they would know he would not do this kind of stuff, especially not return calls. Just a lot of people trying to stir things up. You may not like it but Canyon has a very classy team and very classy coaches, and football4life is a very classy guy too.
Your probably right. I really would not be in a possition to know one way or another if this was true or not.:rolleyes: sorry it s probably just a bunch of nothing.;)

Ranger Mom
10-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Your probably right. I really would not be in a possition to know one way or another if this was true or not.:rolleyes: sorry it s probably just a bunch of nothing.;)

LOL!!:doh:

DaHop72
10-16-2006, 10:53 AM
i wish i could give the tigers more credit, but we left that one out there a little bit, and i also just have a hard time with snyder in general. I think it could be said by any team that they left one out there. This was a very well played games and I personally believe the Tigers wanted it a little more. Ramos is a very good quarterback, but I feel Lance really stepped up and held his own in bringing his team back time after time and then intecepted the pass that sealed the game.

HAN SING
10-16-2006, 10:53 AM
it is a bonanza to get All Han Know alot about Bonanza:D .

DaHop72
10-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Your probably right. I really would not be in a possition to know one way or another if this was true or not.:rolleyes: sorry it s probably just a bunch of nothing.;) :thumbsup: I like that reply alot.

Tiger Baseball
10-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Sounds like a lot of he said this and I heard that kind of stuff to me. If anyone knows the Canyon coach, they would know he would not do this kind of stuff, especially not return calls. Just a lot of people trying to stir things up. You may not like it but Canyon has a very classy team and very classy coaches, and football4life is a very classy guy too. As for the baseball tournament, it was getting a little old with the same teams in there year after year, and with what they tried to pull last year. We are going to a Midland tournament, we are definately not running from Abilene Wylie, just want some different competition!!

So another words the tie breaker didn't suit you cry babies. Non playoff competition is what yall are looking for, huh. And on the classy side, that jv coach running up and down the sidelines screaming at the refs on saturday, now that was class.... :clap: :clap:

eagles72
10-16-2006, 11:12 AM
Don't know anything about the the JV game, but I sure saw alot of the same thing from the Freshman coaches on the Snyder side, so I guess it runs both ways huh? Wow, can't wait til the Canyon Freshman move up to Varsity, they have not lost a game ever, and the majority of them have been together since the 4th grade!!! The tie breaker was a joke, trying to say that Snyder won when they really didn't, but they were called on it and lost, but hey, it was worth a shot wasn't it?!? I don't know if you would say non playoff competition is what we are looking for, I'm sure that the competition is just as good or better than what we have at the Snyder tournament.

Tiger Baseball
10-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Don't know anything about the the JV game, but I sure saw alot of the same thing from the Freshman coaches on the Snyder side, so I guess it runs both ways huh? Wow, can't wait til the Canyon Freshman move up to Varsity, they have not lost a game ever, and the majority of them have been together since the 4th grade!!! The tie breaker was a joke, trying to say that Snyder won when they really didn't, but they were called on it and lost, but hey, it was worth a shot wasn't it?!?

So they are not all classy, is that what your saying.

:weeping: :weeping: :crying: :weeping: :weeping: Lets see did Canyon play for the Championship...:thinking: NOPE!

eagles72
10-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Doesn't really matter if we played for the championship or not, the fact of the matter is that Snyder did not win the tie breaker by cheating!! But as I said, it was worth a shot wasn't it?? We didn't cry about anything, just called ya'll out when you tried to cheat!!

Tiger Baseball
10-16-2006, 11:30 AM
Doesn't really matter if we played for the championship or not, the fact of the matter is that Snyder did not win the tie breaker by cheating!! But as I said, it was worth a shot wasn't it?? We didn't cry about anything, just called ya'll out when you tried to cheat!!

The rules were sent out with the tournment packet and that was the rules used.

eagles72
10-16-2006, 11:39 AM
Maybe they were sent out, and maybe that was what was used, but they tried to pull a fast one that didn't work, but as I said, it was worth a shot wasn't it?? And yes, I do know what I am talking about, before you ask that question.

mrescape43
10-16-2006, 11:46 AM
My opinion is that Canyon isn't coming back to Snyder tourney because they can't play with Snyder or A Wylie and they want a chance to win elsewhere.

Tiger Baseball
10-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Maybe they were sent out, and maybe that was what was used, but they tried to pull a fast one that didn't work, but as I said, it was worth a shot wasn't it?? And yes, I do know what I am talking about, before you ask that question.

Do ya now! I guess Black Magic doesn't know what he is talking about, :doh: Just keep talking it ain't working.

eagles72
10-16-2006, 12:00 PM
Well I guess everyone has their own opinion, but I'm sorry to say that yours is WRONG!! Much better competition on Midland, not the same old teams. Why don't ya'll come on up to the Amarillo tournament, we would be glad to play you.:p

Tiger Baseball
10-16-2006, 12:54 PM
Well I guess everyone has their own opinion, but I'm sorry to say that yours is WRONG!! Much better competition on Midland, not the same old teams. Why don't ya'll come on up to the Amarillo tournament, we would be glad to play you.:p

Playoffs will be here before you know it. This is my last post on this bs. :rolleyes:

EricDraven
10-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Congratulations to Snyder. Sounds like it was a great game. Good luck to both teams rest of the season.