PDA

View Full Version : Thank you BCS and Instant Replay!

Phil C
10-13-2006, 10:23 AM
I know I advocate a real playoff system in division 1 college football with the top 8 teams but without the BCS or instant replay UT would probably not have won the national championship last year.

First without the BCS Texas would probably have had to play in the Cotton Bowl game against Notre Dame. The Rose Bowl would have had USC against a Big 10 Team probably Penn State.
Probably USC and UT would have both won and USC would have ended up No. 1 and UT No. 2 with no satisfactory conclusion.

Then on instant replay you need to refer to the interception when USC was driving in the second quarter. At that time USC had a 7 to 3 lead but with a td it would have been a 14 to 3 lead which would have been hard to overcome. The refs called it an incomplete pass but the review overturned the call and correctly gave us the ball.

Thank you BCS and Instant Replay!

halfnhalf
10-13-2006, 11:38 AM
Yes those were good calls, but i think it is wrong having instant replay in college football. It just doesn't seem right. I could see big time games like the nc game having instant replay, but it has gotten to where some of the lowsiest games out there review half of the game.

eagles_victory
10-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by halfnhalf
Yes those were good calls, but i think it is wrong having instant replay in college football. It just doesn't seem right. I could see big time games like the nc game having instant replay, but it has gotten to where some of the lowsiest games out there review half of the game. it does take way too much time and they review too small of plays but if your going to have it for the NC game you have to have it for Ohio vs Buffalo its only right.

injuredinmelee
10-13-2006, 01:56 PM
it really slowed the texas/ou game down last week. When UT got the one turnover and it had to be reviewed I was thinkign oh please dont review it so we can come out and throw one down the field to the endzone and put another nail in the sooner coffin. Colt did throw incomplete down the field but the sooners werent near as demoralized after getting a five minute break.