PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION

CRHSeagle
08-26-2003, 10:58 PM
In no way am I bashing on anyone or am I pointing anyone out, but I've noticed that most of the posts on here are very biased. I know I support my team all the way, but when a question is asked about who has the best offense or defense, I just dont drop my schools name in. Im not sure if Im the only one who noticed this, but when i read a new topic, I would want some real opinions....

I dont really wanna sound as if Im calling someone out, Im just stating my opinion.

sinton66
08-27-2003, 06:57 AM
Not sure what you're referring to, but I think most of the opinions on here are genuine. There may be a few newer posters that are "homers" and maybe a little too optimistic about their teams, but that will happen on any bulletin board. Some of what you read on here is smack, designed to get something rolling. Tough to be able to tell the difference sometimes. I would submit that the longer you stay on here, the more you will appreciate what this board has to offer. wink

Matthew328
08-27-2003, 11:00 AM
Agreed, most of the posters...especially the ones who are knowledgeable and outta high school know who is legit and who isn't...most of the smack and ridiculous predictions come from high school and sometimes junior high kids...LOL
Not to say all of our younger posters are bad, becuase some of them make great points and are somewhat unbiased..

Chief Woodman
08-27-2003, 11:18 AM
Great point CHS. You seem to have some wisdom and maturity beyond you years. Be sure to let us know how Thursday's game goes for ya.

xlr8tor
08-27-2003, 02:56 PM
Yup, I'd say that's correct for the most part. Objectivity is more easily attained when your local school's football team isn't all that great, in my opinion. Such is the case here in Kountze. 1-9 last year and I think 0-10 the year before that. Hoping for a 3-9 season this year. So, no bias here, just reality...so far. Now if Kountze were to start winning very much, then...well, that's just my take.

slpybear the bullfan
08-27-2003, 10:45 PM
One other thing everyone needs to remember. MOST folks on this board only get to see one game play a weekend. And for most, it is their team. So, folks tend to be really knowledgeable about their team and no know a lot about others. What results is a lot of "homer"isms...

There are some folks on here that watch a lot of different games.

Just $.02

Rabbit'93
08-28-2003, 01:09 AM
My whole take on it is that after you've been outta school a while you tend look look at the "big picture" more, rather than "my school is the best and the rest of you suck". There are many posters on here who give props to other schools when they are deserved. If you stay around here long enough you'll know who these people are. That is what sets this board apart from others I believe.

slpybear the bullfan
08-28-2003, 12:42 PM
Dang, I thought what set this board apart from others is the witty (or witless) posters!
:D :D

Chief Woodman
08-28-2003, 01:39 PM
One other side to the coin and just as true....some set themslves up as experts and disregard anything said that is different from what they think.
For example....when I was posting about the Decatur/Pilot Point scrimmage...some accused me of "homer" coments or BS...but now the very things I said old G.A. did and said have been reported in a newspaper. It wasn't BS or "homerism"...just the truth, but some could not accept that and tried to discredit what I said as a lie. Keep an open mind and realize that just because a poster is an administrator or they have hundreds of posts that they themselves are sometimes not able to see the truth because it is not what they want to hear. This is true in life as well as in here.