PDA

View Full Version : Your midseason Heisman winner?

big daddy russ
10-12-2006, 11:26 PM
ESPN has a poll out right now that includes Brady Quinn, Troy Smith, Garrett Wolfe, Steve Slaton, and Adrian Peterson.

Smith's winning by a landslide, but I'd take Wolfe over any of them. Who's your guy?

Old Tiger
10-12-2006, 11:27 PM
I agree. He has been the most consistent and best player for his team thus far.

AggieJohn
10-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Is wolf that Northern Illinois Guy, becuase he's good, but not that good.

It's Troy Smith's heisman to lose...

coach
10-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I agree. He has been the most consistent and best player for his team thus far.

im surprised yall homers didnt say mcoy or jamal charles

kepdawg
10-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
Is wolf that Northern Illinois Guy, becuase he's good, but not that good.

It's Troy Smith's heisman to lose...

Yeah, Wolfe isn't that good. :rolleyes:

Why do you think it is Smith's to lose?

AggieJohn
10-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Yeah, Wolfe isn't that good. :rolleyes:

Why do you think it is Smith's to lose? Smith is so far ahead of the pack right now that it's his heisman that if he constanlty play the way he is he should get, however if he messes up or loses or whatever, it's his too lose

Old Tiger
10-13-2006, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by coach
im surprised yall homers didnt say mcoy or jamal charles There yall go again and yall wonder why...

AggieJohn
10-13-2006, 12:02 AM
There yall go again and yall wonder why... all of a sudden AJ being a homer isn't looking as bad...

Old Tiger
10-13-2006, 12:03 AM
It wasn't directed toward you AJ just boneheads like him who have to bring Texas into it.

kepdawg
10-13-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
Smith is so far ahead of the pack right now that it's his heisman that if he constanlty play the way he is he should get, however if he messes up or loses or whatever, it's his too lose

But why do you think it's his to lose?

Voters will give it to him for leading the #1 team?

He actually deserves it?

No real reason, it's just his to lose?

I'm genuinely interested in your thoughts on it.

coach
10-13-2006, 12:06 AM
im depley sorry i made yall upset lol i was only kidding if yall didnt have such a boneheaded oc jamal could possibly in the race

Old Tiger
10-13-2006, 12:09 AM
im depley sorry i made yall upset lol i was only kidding if yall didnt have such a boneheaded oc jamal could possibly in the race Well it's ok. I like the way they split time. They are always fresh. Jamaal will get his carries next season and his legs will be just as fresh because of the split time.

Greg Davis is a good coach he just gets a little to conservative with some of his players.

PS. I'm not upset I was just making a point

coach
10-13-2006, 12:16 AM
no im not talkin bout splitin time i like that too but he is way too conservative he did it in the tosu game and the ou game he starts off with the run on the first drive and they run all over teams then in their sec possesion they start throwin every play and dont think run it kills them and most ppl hate greg davis i mean hell i would kill to have him at a&m or SFA bc the ags coaching staff is pathetic but he dosent use his players correctly its like coaching an all white team in basketball with no height or speed to run up and down the court when they need to run the prinnceton offense or having vy run the i formation now dont get me wrong i hate the damn longhorns i hate them with a passion but they are like the yankees i freakin respect them so yall can call me a homer or w/e yall call us aggies and other fans beside ou but the only reason i talk bs is to listen to ppl like phil, sinton fan and tiger wr argue with me so im sorry if i offened you i didnt mean it

Old Tiger
10-13-2006, 12:18 AM
no im not talkin bout splitin time i like that too but he is way too conservative he did it in the tosu game and the ou game he starts off with the run on the first drive and they run all over teams then in their sec possesion they start throwin every play and dont think run it kills them and most ppl hate greg davis i mean hell i would kill to have him at a&m or SFA bc the ags coaching staff is pathetic but he dosent use his players correctly its like coaching an all white team in basketball with no height or speed to run up and down the court when they need to run the prinnceton offense or having vy run the i formation now dont get me wrong i hate the damn longhorns i hate them with a passion but they are like the yankees i freakin respect them so yall can call me a homer or w/e yall call us aggies and other fans beside ou but the only reason i talk bs is to listen to ppl like phil, sinton fan and tiger wr argue with me so im sorry if i offened you i didnt mean it I am Tiger wr:D

I post things about aggies to gain post and stir the pot

coach
10-13-2006, 12:20 AM
I am Tiger wr:D

I post things about aggies to gain post and stir the pot

yeah i know i was posting to every one there in that part of the post but yea i think most ppl talk crap to stir things up

big daddy russ
10-13-2006, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
But why do you think it's his to lose?

Voters will give it to him for leading the #1 team?

He actually deserves it?

No real reason, it's just his to lose?

I'm genuinely interested in your thoughts on it.
I agree that it's his vote to lose, I just don't think it should be. The definition of what the Heisman winner should be simply says "the most outstanding college football player," but lately we've seen more and more a preference towards the best player on the best team.

I guess I just interpret that phrase differently than most, but Wolfe IS a better player than Troy Smith right now. tOSU loaded eight in the box against him and he still reeled off 171 yards on 26 carries, for an AVERAGE OF 6.6 YPC.

One of the best D's in the nation loading eight in the box... and he still torches them. That's my Huckleberry.

sahen
10-13-2006, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I guess I just interpret that phrase differently than most, but Wolfe IS a better player than Troy Smith right now. tOSU loaded eight in the box against him and he still reeled off 171 yards on 26 carries, for an AVERAGE OF 6.6 YPC.

One of the best D's in the nation loading eight in the box... and he still torches them. That's my Huckleberry.
Im w/ u....i was gonna say this but u beat me to it, the kid has been torching defenses the past 2 years, he is a beast

District303aPastPlayer
10-13-2006, 03:15 AM
Wolfe then everyone else. Kid is rediculous...

Old Tiger
10-13-2006, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Wolfe then everyone else. Kid is rediculous... But his team isn't good so that will hurt him.

District303aPastPlayer
10-13-2006, 03:40 AM
But his team isn't good so that will hurt him.

it shouldnt... but it will...
was Wisconsin any good when Ron Dayne won it?

Old Tiger
10-13-2006, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
it shouldnt... but it will...
was Wisconsin any good when Ron Dayne won it? I couldn't tell ya.

District303aPastPlayer
10-13-2006, 03:44 AM
I couldn't tell ya.

me either, thats why i asked...

Old Tiger
10-13-2006, 03:49 AM
Went 10-2 and beat Stanford in the Rose Bowl.