PDA

View Full Version : So I was listening to Dan Patrick today...

TheDOCTORdre
10-12-2006, 02:34 PM
ANd he was talking about yankees pitcher Cory Lidle and the crash and how people had been emailing him all day on how he and the media was giving this topic too much coverage. This is what he said in response to those email, not his exact words but a close summary of what he said

Its going to be covered by me I live 14 blocks away from where this happened, so Im going to give it some coverage. Anytime New York City is involved its going to get more coverage because of the city. A plane crashed into a building in NYC after 9-11 when a plane hits a building there is going to be a lot of coveragre . It was a NY Yankee so just like always with the Yankees its going to be all over the place...And then he said this and at first i t made me chuckle remembering how the yankees sucked it up against the Tigers but then it just left me in awe at what he said for some reason...'Makes you think if the Yankees had beat the Tigers and were playing in the ALCS this wouldnt have happened."

I love Dan Patrick but is he trying to blame the death of Cory Lidle on the Yankees sucking it up...??

jason
10-12-2006, 02:35 PM
whether or not he meant it that way - its true

big daddy russ
10-12-2006, 02:41 PM
I can't stand Dan Patrick. Jason's right, if the Yanks are in the ALCS it doesn't happen, but if Michael Jackson had never been a celebrity he wouldn't have been as weird.

Patrick's just another 'talking head' with no individual thoughts outside of what the general media thinks... and he's an idiot for trying to justify this.

shellman54
10-12-2006, 02:45 PM
I liked what Colin Cowherd said. He brought up the young man from Rice who passed away, and said "I am not going to spend 30 minutes on him(Lidle) if I didn't spend 3 seconds on this young man."

injuredinmelee
10-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Cowherd is so hilarious. I used to never listen to ESPN because I cant stand Dan Patrick or any of those other espn or exespn guys (Chris Myers). Cowherd and I have the same sense of humor and I love to run with an idea and take it to its finality no matter how nuts it sounds like he does.
As far as Lidle's death sad sad sad. Anythign that happens to a sports star in NY or LA is gonna get a ton of media coverage because of the amount of households and the tv's in those households.