PDA

View Full Version : BASEBALL REGION III Bracket scores and Comments

Old Cardinal
04-25-2003, 06:38 PM
I would like to start a BASEBALL bracket "watch" for just Region III. Hopefully others Regions will do the same. It will be easy to keep up with this way....Please post REGION III scores on this site.

Old Cardinal
04-25-2003, 09:43 PM
Anahuac and Bridge City played their final 21-3A baseball game tonight. It was 12-1, BC, called in the fifth inning. Broc Haymon, the Freshman sensation, was the winning pitcher. As everyone knows, Broc is a deadly accurate Quarterback, throwing the football, a 6'1" basketball ace, and is quite the pitcher for the Dist. Champs....Does anyone know the score of the H-J and Buna game tonight? As I understand it, that score will decide which one take the third playoff berth.

Billy Boy
04-25-2003, 11:42 PM
Jasper beat Woodville 13 to 6 to win District 20-3A with a record of 13-1. Overall season record is 23-3.

Bulldog92
04-26-2003, 01:47 AM
What a start for Shawn Mixon as HC of the Jasper Bulldogs. Thanks for all the updates, Billy Boy. Are there any seniors that could either go into D1 college ball or the MLB draft? I can't follow baseball as well as football from here, so let me know who I need to watch out for. Thanks...

BH 9's Mom
04-26-2003, 07:55 AM
BH Eagles over Tarkington 11-2. Eagles are undefeated in District 22 3-A, a first in BH history.

BH_146
04-26-2003, 09:24 AM
District 22-AAA order of finish are as follows:

Barbers Hill 14-0
Liberty 10-4
Cleveland 7-7

Billy Boy
04-26-2003, 11:13 PM
Bulldog92:
What a start for Shawn Mixon as HC of the Jasper Bulldogs. Thanks for all the updates, Billy Boy. Are there any seniors that could either go into D1 college ball or the MLB draft? I can't follow baseball as well as football from here, so let me know who I need to watch out for. Thanks...Ricky Mitchell is the only senior on the team he's a above average player but I don't know if any D1 college is looking at him.

Bulldog92
04-27-2003, 12:03 AM
Billy Boy:

Bulldog92:
What a start for Shawn Mixon as HC of the Jasper Bulldogs. Thanks for all the updates, Billy Boy. Are there any seniors that could either go into D1 college ball or the MLB draft? I can't follow baseball as well as football from here, so let me know who I need to watch out for. Thanks...Ricky Mitchell is the only senior on the team he's a above average player but I don't know if any D1 college is looking at him.Wow...next year must be looking pretty good, too. :D

Old Cardinal
04-28-2003, 07:25 AM
If you know of any scrimmages or warmup games before things get rolling in the Brackets, please post places and times-some of us would like to attend.

RBARKER
04-28-2003, 07:33 AM
old Card, Barbers Hill has tentatively set up a warm-up game against New Waverly on Tuesday at Barbers Hill. I havn't seen a time yet.

Billy Boy
04-28-2003, 11:08 AM
I think Bridge City and Jasper will play a warm-up game Tuesday at 6:00 pm in Jasper.

spiveyrat
04-28-2003, 11:32 AM
Anyone:
Has Jasper not "sewn up" their playoff spot? I keep looking at the UIL brackets and haven't seen them listed yet. Surely with their record, they are a cinch to win their district.

Billy Boy
04-28-2003, 11:52 AM
spiveyrat:
Anyone:
Has Jasper not "sewn up" their playoff spot? I keep looking at the UIL brackets and haven't seen them listed yet. Surely with their record, they are a cinch to win their district.Jasper won the district. The UIL is just slow in posting the brackets.

BH_146
04-28-2003, 05:14 PM
Barbers Hill will host New Waverly at 4:30 on Tuesday and play Wharton at Alvin H.S. (7 or 7:30).

mwynn05
04-28-2003, 07:18 PM
fairfield and woodville 7:00 thursday night in fairfield and saturday in woodville dh if necessary

spiveyrat
04-29-2003, 11:35 AM
Billy Boy to the rescue! You seem to be the only one updating the Jasper baseball. Many thanks again!!!

RBARKER
04-29-2003, 12:41 PM
latests poll 4/28/03. Half the top ten is Reg III. Two match ups that could come to light in the Regional Quarterfinals would be #2 LaGrange Vs. #5 Barbers Hill and #1 Lorena Vs. #8 Jasper. These two games should be good ones. The upper bracket in Reg. III is going to be tough, may the best team survive!!

1. Lorena (20-0)
2. LaGrange (21-1)
3. Sinton (20-4)
4. Yoakum (18-3)
5. Barbers Hill (22-2)
6. Crockett (21-4)
7. Forney (21-3)
8. Jasper (23-3)
9. Canyon (21-6)
10. Kaufman (18-3)

<small>[ April 29, 2003, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: RBARKER ]</small>

Old Cardinal
04-29-2003, 03:04 PM
Can anyone tell us about Crockett? I understand that Navasota is a good 4A drop down team. Jasper is totally underrated, I have seen them play and they play quality level 4A ball- just like last year, when they climbed to the top of the 4A bracket!. Bridge City is supposed to play them in a post season scrimmage tonight, along with a Thursday scrimmage with 5A Conroe....I look for Barbers Hill to do fine and a good chance, Lorena and La Grange will be out of it!.....NEW INFO BC is playing Conroe Oak Ridge the winner of 19-4A, Thursday

<small>[ April 29, 2003, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

FBmania
04-29-2003, 09:00 PM
Barbers Hill / New Waverly tune-up game:

BH 10
NW 2

BH plays Wharton @ Nolan Ryan Field in Alvin @ 7:00 pm. Friday!

<small>[ April 29, 2003, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: FBmania ]</small>

FBmania
04-29-2003, 09:14 PM
Double post, sorry!

<small>[ April 30, 2003, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: FBmania ]</small>

FBmania
04-29-2003, 09:18 PM
<strong>
RBARKER:

latests poll 4/28/03. Half the top ten is Reg III. Two match ups that could come to light in the Regional Quarterfinals would be #2 LaGrange Vs. #5 Barbers Hill and #1 Lorena Vs. #8 Jasper. These two games should be good ones. The upper bracket in Reg. III is going to be tough, may the best team survive!!

1. Lorena (20-0)
2. LaGrange (21-1)
3. Sinton (20-4)
4. Yoakum (18-3)
5. Barbers Hill (22-2)
6. Crockett (21-4)
7. Forney (21-3)
8. Jasper (23-3)
9. Canyon (21-6)
10. Kaufman (18-3)</strong>[/QUOTE]

No doubt about it, if the state champions come out of R-III it will be a hard earned battle. R-III is loaded and whoever survives that will still have to deal with Sinton , Forney or a host of other quality teams. I'm ready for those athletes to lace'em up and get ready to rumble!

Old Cardinal
04-29-2003, 10:10 PM
Well Bridge City pretty well manhandled Jasper(in Jasper) tonight, controlling the whole game, winning 5-0. BC's baseball team is ready for Postseason play. It is just amazing how many of the First, second, and third ranked teams, of each District, in the top 25 of 4-A-- they have beaten! Yes, they also have seven loses; but only one loss to a 3A. They have "cleaned the plow" of the elite high enrollment teams of Louisiana in preseason. I think they will win the bracket group they are in, and be playing a good team like Barbers Hill for the Championship of Region III. The Game against Conroe Oak Ridge, Champs of 19-4A will be FRIDAY-don't know the time yet. I like Bridge City's Softball and Baseball strategy, "play the best folks that will play you at every opportunity". Let the Poll chasers, play only 3A's and 2A's-and also enjoy a very short run in the brackets!....That unusual strategy has served them pretty well in all sports since dropping into 3A three years ago. They are seldom in the top ten of the Polls but are worthy opponents in bracket play situations.

<small>[ April 29, 2003, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

BH_146
04-29-2003, 10:11 PM
I see where Bridge City beat Jasper 5-0. It had to be a good tune-up game. Where was the game played?

Old Cardinal
04-30-2003, 04:01 PM
I see the bracket game winners as follows: Waco Connally.....Lufkin Hudson...Hardin-Jefferson.... Elgin...Cameron Yoe....Woodville....Hamshire-Fannett...Navasota....Anyone agree or disagree.

Old Cardinal
04-30-2003, 09:55 PM
Well it has ended up that Bridge City plays Conroe Oak Ridge, FRIDAY at 7:30 pm at the Conroe HS field. Oak Ridge should be pretty tough being District Champions of 19-4A; it should be a good warmup contest..... Navasota is one of the largest 3A's in enrollment and seems to be getting tough in a lot of sports....Wow, I just looked on a map, Manor is next to Austin, TX. BC will play the winner of that contest.

<small>[ April 30, 2003, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Old Cardinal
05-01-2003, 11:13 AM
Someone ask for a few stats on the Jasper vs Bridge City warm up....Bridge City had 8 hits, Jasper 1---BC's Broc Haymon(Freshman) 4 strike outs. Derek Blackshear(Senior) had 5 strike outs. Don't sell Jasper short, they will be a very strong factor in the other bracket. I think I would rate those teams as follow: 1. Barbers Hill 2. Jasper 3. Lorena 4. La Grange, in that order. On the other bracket assention I would rate it--1. Bridge City 2. Crockett 3. Navasota...Any of these teams in Region III can upset another if one team gets HOT at the plate

coachemup
05-01-2003, 01:47 PM
sealy 3
el campo 2
wed. 04/30/03

RBARKER
05-01-2003, 09:56 PM
Old Cardinal:
Someone ask for a few stats on the Jasper vs Bridge City warm up....Bridge City had 8 hits, Jasper 1---BC's Broc Haymon(Freshman) 4 strike outs. Derek Blackshear(Senior) had 5 strike outs. Don't sell Jasper short, they will be a very strong factor in the other bracket. I think I would rate those teams as follow: 1. Barbers Hill 2. Jasper 3. Lorena 4. La Grange, in that order. On the other bracket assention I would rate it--1. Bridge City 2. Crockett 3. Navasota...Any of these teams in Region III can upset another if one team gets HOT at the plateThanks for the support Old Card but don't paint a target on BH LOL :D I think Lorena is the team to beat in Reg III. BH has not been able to get by them the past two years :mad: but maybe this will be BH's Year. Good luck to Bridge City, I think Crockett will be the only team to test the Cardinals in the there part of the bracket

Bellville22
05-02-2003, 12:10 AM
Elgin beat Bellville in Game 1 10-9. The game went into an 8th inning. Refer to "Elgin/Bellville Score?" for a short recap. Great game.

dog eat dog
05-02-2003, 12:38 AM
manor lost to navasota 12-1

*game 2 friday in brenham

Old Cardinal
05-02-2003, 02:08 PM
RBarker: You still crack me up! If a say anything about BH you comment, even something good. Yes, I think you guys are the team to beat in that bracket group; and yes, I think Bridge City is the team to beat in their bracket group. However, I do feel that Navasota has come of age, and are a real threat to upset any folks in their way!

Old Cardinal
05-02-2003, 10:46 PM
21-3A's Hardin-Jefferson and Hamshire-Fannett take out 22-3A's runnerup and third place with ease. Hamshire-Fannett 13 Liberty 2 and also Hardin-Jefferson took out Cleveland by a big score tonight...These two teams are tough and will be hard to eliminate in the Playoff bracketing. There was a real struggle down in 21-3A this season.

RBARKER
05-03-2003, 11:13 AM
Barbers Hill took out 28-3A champ Wharton 11-1 last night in a warm up game. I think that makes the Eagles 25-2 for the year.

BH_146
05-05-2003, 02:54 PM
Barbers Hill will play Bellville in a one game playoff Friday in Tomball.

Old Cardinal
05-05-2003, 03:38 PM
BH_146, What do you know about Bellville baseball and softball? BC girls have to play them, and you have already played them.

BH_146
05-05-2003, 04:20 PM
I only saw the second game of softball that was played on Saturday. They played very steady in the field and made the clutch hit when they needed it. As someone stated on an earlier post, their pitching is not over powering (only 1 K Sat.). Bellville will be aggresive on the bases and because you get them out once doesn't mean they will back off. The top six batters swing the bat well and the last three will make you work to get them out. They made the plays when they needed to do so and we did not.

Bellville22
05-05-2003, 05:14 PM
Old Card: The last post was pretty dead on about Bellville softball. We don't have the one pitcher who can come in and dominate a game. There are 4 pitchers who are pretty solid, and will compete and keep us in the game, and 2 or 3 more are capable of getting in the action. The offense swings the bat pretty well, especially the top 4, but there's not alot of drop off after that either. They are aggressive on the bases, although they don't steal alot of bases. They will take the extra base though on a ball thru the IF. I would have to say defense is the strong part of the team (hope i don't jinx us). Like I said, the pitchers won't dominate, so balls will be put in play, and there's not a weak spot on the field.

Good luck to BC, if you don't mind, give me a little rundown on what to expect to see from them come Friday.

Old Cardinal
05-05-2003, 05:46 PM
To Bell. 22: We totally respect your team! BH was a good team that you beat....We have 3 pitchers with different skills- Meagan Godwin pitched them 2 rounds in the playoffs last year. Laura Gremillion was All-State as a Freshman in 4A and thein 3A, she did not play HS ball last season. She is going to U. of New York in Albany on a full 4 year pitching scholarship. Freshman Elena Clinton is a real Ace, she has started and pitched real well this year. It should be a good game! Our Coach is 23, and she is a former College Softball Star.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-06-2003, 08:39 PM
Bellville's Jr. Stud pitcher,also the Q.B of the Football team, has not pitched in district games, or in the playoffs, WE were told 2 weeks ago the doctor released him to pitch, he has been playing short stop for the Brahmas and has no problem getting the ball to first, I understand he wants to pitch, and the coaches want him to also, the doctor is also woundering why he is not pitching.
The fans want to know why he is not on the mound, talk at games his dad will not let him pitch, becaues he wants him to be ready for summer select play? If he is ready to pitch why not let him pitch?
If this is true let us know, and try not to cover it up!!!! This kid is a stud on the mound if he is ready let the kid pitch!!!! Go Bellville!!!!

Bellville22
05-06-2003, 11:54 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Bellville's Jr. Stud pitcher,also the Q.B of the Football team, has not pitched in district games, or in the playoffs, WE were told 2 weeks ago the doctor released him to pitch, he has been playing short stop for the Brahmas and has no problem getting the ball to first, I understand he wants to pitch, and the coaches want him to also, the doctor is also woundering why he is not pitching.
The fans want to know why he is not on the mound, talk at games his dad will not let him pitch, becaues he wants him to be ready for summer select play? If he is ready to pitch why not let him pitch?
If this is true let us know, and try not to cover it up!!!! This kid is a stud on the mound if he is ready let the kid pitch!!!! Go Bellville!!!!God bless small towns, and the rumors that float around in them. Let me be very quick in clearing this up, before it gets out of hand. I don't like what I read in this post and I don't like what I'm hearing as I go to the games.

Former: you know my relation to this kid, so I trust that you realize I know much more that most on this subject.

Would I like to see this young man on the mound? You better believe it. But only a fully HEALTHY and fully recovered young man, and I'm afraid we don't have that right now. Yes, the doctor did release him. He released him to throw off a mound and told him he could begin to work his arm back into pitching shape. That doesn't mean he can just jump back into action, go out Friday night, and throw 7 innings of playoff baseball. I'm afraid he's a long way from that. Does this kid want to pich? Of course. What competitor wouldn't? But does he also realize that he's no where close to game shape yet? Yes he does. And I promise that if you asked him, he'd tell you that the young man who pitches this Friday IS exactly who needs to be pitching. When you haven't thrown off a mound in a few months, it takes a while to work that arm strength back up. And, yes, he hasn't had any problems at SS, but he still hasn't had to really turn one loose.

Don't make the dad out to be the bad guy here. It hasn't been all his decision. He's simply looking out for his son, and trying not to put his future in jeopardy. I promise you the kid and coaches realize that too. He will throw this summer, but don't act like he's saving himself for this summer, he'll throw this summer to condition his arm and work his strength back up so he'll be ready to go next year. The playoffs aren't the time to do that, especially against a team like Barbers Hill.

Sorry if I got a little angry about this, but I'm sick and tired of these small town rumors about what happened, and what the dad is doing. This is not a matter of a dad not being a team player, or wanting to save a kids arm for the summer; it's a matter of HEALTH, and you don'g mess around with that when it comes to a 17 year old kid. Do I think the Bulls would have been better if he was healthy this year? Absolutely, but these things happen, and you just have to deal with them.

I look forward to a great game Friday night as the Brahmas go up against a very good BH team. The young man will not be on the mound, so don't ask me, don't ask his dad, and don't complain about it, if he was healthy enough, and had his arm back into game shape, he would be. Our pitcher may go out Friday night and throw a shutout, and the Brahmas may walk away with a 1-0 victory. That's the beauty of baseball, you never know.

Go Bellville!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-07-2003, 10:00 PM
Hey 22, good to hear from someone close to the family, we were hearing things at the games, so I thought I would post the questions and hope to get some feed-back on the matter. I also know about a dads role and it is not easy sometimes, my son played a few years back. I hope nothing but the best for Jess, and the boys! Sorrie if I offended anyone, but if you dont ask, you dont know, you just go on a rumor. Good to clear this up!! :D
Thanks for the info 22.
Go Bellville!!!!!!!!!!!

Bellville22
05-08-2003, 10:47 AM
No prob, glad I could clear things up.

Former: check your PM

RBARKER
05-08-2003, 12:03 PM
Well Bellvillians, I havn't seen any pre game Talk. How do you think you match up against Barbers Hill? Should be a great game I think that Bellville has an advantage going with a one Game series. When it comes to baseball playoffs anything could happen in one game. Like Elgin sneaking game one in on ya. Well Good luck to the Brahmas. Go Eagles!!

FBmania
05-08-2003, 12:23 PM
RBARKER:I was thinking the same thing. There is not much chatter from either side of this matchup. I am ready for this game to happen. Good luck to the Brahmas( but not too much :D )and we'll see you guys at the diamond! Go Eagles!

Bellville22
05-08-2003, 03:14 PM
RBARKER: Sorry about the lack of chatter on here. You were right about us favoring the one game rather than the series. I don't think there's any doubt that BH is the more talented team, and the clear favorite. Bellville graduated alot from it's Region Finalist team last year, and our ace pitcher has been out for pretty much the entire season. That being said...this is baseball, which means anything can happen, especially in a single game. We'll field one Sr. and the rest will be underclassmen. I think this young bunch gained a little confidence in winning 2 to take the series from Elgin, and we all know how huge a little confidence is, especially for Sophs. Our top 3 hitters are capable of hitting anyone. We're clearly led by SS and #3 hitter Buenger. A little drop off after that, although the bottom did produce quite well in Game 2 of the series last week.

Look forward to seeing BH, I've heard great things about them. If we can hang around for 5 innings, who knows, baseball is full of magic, maybe we can come up w/ some of our own in the late innings. Best of luck to y'all, see you tomorrow night.

Old Cardinal
05-08-2003, 07:57 PM
If anyone gets a score and highlights on the La Grange vs Hardin-Jefferson game-please share it with us?......Also, scores and highlights on Lorena vs Lufkin Hudson.....China Spring vs Crockett and Hamshire-Fannett vs Sealy, being played tonight?

<small>[ May 08, 2003, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Old Cardinal
05-08-2003, 10:44 PM
OK, here are some of the scores in Region III. Jasper 10 over Waco Connally 3(one game series)....La Grange 6 H-Jefferson 1 (one game series), Sealy 2 Hamshire-Fannett 0 ( first of a three game series)...No score on China Springs vs Crockett....Several big games scheduled for tomorrow night.

pirate4state
05-08-2003, 10:48 PM
I thought Jasper & Waco were playing tomorrow night??

Billy Boy
05-08-2003, 11:55 PM
1st. game
Jasper-13 Waco Connally-3

2nd game to be played in Jasper Friday at 8:00PM

3rd. game if needed to be played in Jasper Saturday at 2:00PM

Bellville22
05-09-2003, 12:37 AM
Sealy 2, H-F 0

I attended the game tonight, all 1hr and 15 mins of it. What a pitchers duel. H-F's pitcher made one mistake, a 2-run bomb in the first inning off the bat of Sealy's Dale. After that he pretty much had Sealy guessing and shut them down. He allowed only 4 hits (3 to Dale) all night. If anyone knows his name, #31, I'd like to know. This guy could bring it, and had great stuff.

Heath Koneschek tossed a 1-hit shutout for Sealy. Dominated the game, and had great defense behind him. Brilliant performance.

Tremendous game tonight, Sealy should send another stud to the mound tomorrow night. I think they're piching is too much for H-F, and think they'll win Game 2 and close out the series.

PappaBear
05-09-2003, 09:20 AM
lorena beat Lufkin Hudson last night 5-1

CHEERDAD
05-09-2003, 10:05 AM
<small>[ May 09, 2003, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: CHEERDAD ]</small>

CHEERDAD
05-09-2003, 10:07 AM
CHEERDAD:

Old Cardinal:
OK, here are some of the scores in Region III. Jasper 10 over Waco Connally 3(one game series)....La Grange 6 H-Jefferson 1 (one game series), Sealy 2 Hamshire-Fannett 0 ( first of a three game series)...No score on China Springs vs Crockett....Several big games scheduled for tomorrow night.la grange / hj is best of three game @ tonight @ 7:00 p.m. at jersey village

Old Cardinal
05-09-2003, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the correction on the H-J vs La Grange. There seems to be a lot of confusion on who is playing a one-gamer or a series...Jasper is also involved in a 3-game series....How about the Lorena/Lufkin Hudson? I know it was 5-1 Lorena, but is that also a 3-game series?....Crockett 8 China Spring 4 in a best of three..

<small>[ May 09, 2003, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

05-09-2003, 10:43 AM
Sealy - 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 - 2r, 5h, 0e
Horns - 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 - 0r, 1h, 0e

Josh Dale hit a 2 run homer, with one out in the first inning, and neither team got a runner to second base the rest of the game.

Heath Konesheck only allowed one first inning single by Josh Smith. He faced 22 batters and k'd 7.

Philip Lynch pitched 7 innings and allowed 5 hits, striking out 11, zero walks.

The seven inning game was played in one hour and nineteen minutes.

Game two is tonight, 7:30 @ Spring High School.

Old Cardinal
05-09-2003, 11:38 PM
BASEBALL Bridge City dominated Navasota in a one game shoot out tonight. It was 6-0 at the end of the third...I heard it ended 9-0.

<small>[ May 10, 2003, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

BH 9's Mom
05-09-2003, 11:46 PM
Barbers Hill defeats Bellville 5-1. Will meet LaGrange next week.

Billy Boy
05-10-2003, 02:03 AM
Jasper beats Waco Connally 10-5

Plays Lorena next week.

RBARKER
05-10-2003, 09:20 AM
BH 9's Mom:
Barbers Hill defeats Bellville 5-1. Will meet LaGrange next week.Great game Eagles! Bellville played a good game, Their pitcher was outstanding. Aaron Bazan was just clicking on all 8 slamming 2 HR during the game. Lagrange next week should be a battle, let the fun begin #5 Vs. #2. Go Eagles. For those that are interested there is a full write up of the game at the link below.

http://www.eteams.com/bheagles/

Old Cardinal
05-10-2003, 09:28 AM
Sounds like a good game RBarker, I still think BC and BH will play for the Region III Championship!

Billy Boy
05-10-2003, 10:04 AM
Old Cardinal:
Sounds like a good game RBarker, I still think BC and BH will play for the Region III Championship!Aren't you over looking some good teams Old Card.
But I forgot ya'll are the mighty cards that can't be beat.

fred grunden
05-10-2003, 05:51 PM
Billy Boy, it will be interesting to see what Jasper can do against Lorena. They probably got the number 1 ranking for good reason. We only have one senior, so look for us next year 3A! That one senior happens to be Ricky Mitchell who could have helped the track team. I think Jordan
Patton is also a speedster that is playing baseball.

RBARKER
05-10-2003, 08:58 PM
fred grunden:
Billy Boy, it will be interesting to see what Jasper can do against Lorena. They probably got the number 1 ranking for good reason. We only have one senior, so look for us next year 3A! That one senior happens to be Ricky Mitchell who could have helped the track team. I think Jordan
Patton is also a speedster that is playing baseball.Good Luck Jasper Against Lorena. You said they probably got their #1 ranking for good reason and your right. Lorena Is definitly a baseball school they have eleminated my BH eagles from the playoffs 2 years in a row :mad: . Lorena has outstanding coaching, should be a great game. If you cant beat em, at least wear them down for the next team :D . Goodluck Bull Dogs.

Old Cardinal
05-10-2003, 10:52 PM
Billy Boy, I am just guessing-but I think you guys will take out Lorena and I think Barbers Hill will top La Grange...sorry but I think that Barbers Hill will beat Jasper in the upper playoff bracket. Bridge City has Sealy and then, if they are fortunate, they will probably be playing Crockett. At that point who ever survives the Bracket set you are in will have to play, most probably Bridge City or Crockett for the chance to go to the 4 team State Tournament.

RBARKER
05-10-2003, 11:08 PM
Man I hope your right Old Card :D :D The more I look at the Reg III Brackets the more I am amazed at the Talent that lies with in Reg III Baseball. Whoever wins Reg III should be battle tested and do well @ state, Its a shame Reg III couldn't send more than one team :confused: Hopefully Reg III can be this strong in Football this year wink

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-10-2003, 11:42 PM
Hey Barbers Hill, I hear it was a great game, it just was not in the cards for the Brahmas, but things are looking up for next season, we have a very young team, all but one will be back for the Brahmas, also all pitchers, Luedke is only in the 10th grade, good job Lucus!!! Also with Jess B. healthy and back on the mound, the Brahmas will have an excellent 1-2. Bellville also have 2 or 3 more pitchers that will help.
Good luck to Barbers Hill, but as much as I hate to say this, La Grange is going to be very hard to beat, they have a well rounded team, and they have that 1-2 on the mound that will be hard to score on. Good luck to all, maybe we can return the favor on the Football field next season.
Well we look forward to the next game for Bellville High School, sould be another good year for Bellville on the grid-iron, Bellville sould start the year in the top 10!!!!!
Go Bellville High school!!!!!

FBmania
05-11-2003, 07:26 AM
To BellvilleBrahma: You guys have a strong young team. I think with your ace pitcher coming back along with that young lefty and all of those returning starters The Brahmas will make some noise next season.

Old Cardinal
05-11-2003, 11:08 AM
The Bridge City Cardinals take on the Sealy Baseball team again this year. Last year they controlled a young Sealy team with two scores of 11-3, followed by 17-4. In fact, BC set a new state record of scoring 17 runs in one inning of a playoff game. Sealy is a little more mature and Bridge City knows that it will not be easy this year to advance past them!

LG
05-12-2003, 09:44 PM
I have to agree with you on the statement of Sealy being a little more mature this year...if i was anyone playing Sealy i wouldnt take them likely...they have an awesome team and our looking to make some noise which is possible...do yall know where yall be playing..if it is a three game series i take Sealy in 3.

RBARKER
05-13-2003, 01:51 PM
Barbers Hill Vs. La Grange

The games are scheduled for Cy-Falls H.S. - Thursday, 7:30, Friday 7:30 and Saturday at 1 if necessary.

RBARKER
05-13-2003, 02:20 PM
LG:
I have to agree with you on the statement of Sealy being a little more mature this year...if i was anyone playing Sealy i wouldnt take them likely...they have an awesome team and our looking to make some noise which is possible...do yall know where yall be playing..if it is a three game series i take Sealy in 3.Bridge City VS. Sealy

1: 7:30 Wed @ Humble
2: 7:30 Fri @ Humble
3: noon Sat @ Humble

BC in 2 games Sealy has a good team but I think Bridge City will be to much. But hey what do I know
:D wink :D

Old Cardinal
05-14-2003, 10:15 AM
Bridge City over Sealy in two games, just like last year...Sealy is good, but not that good.... Sealy had a strong point last year, in that Coach Janczek is one of the most up-and-coming baseball Coaches in Texas....Coach Moore of Bridge City, is a little short on depth, but they have developed a little extra savvy this year by playing extra good high enrollment programs both from Texas and Louisiana. It could go three games, but I would doubt it will happen.... I have also watched BC's JV this year take on a lot of good programs-talk about a stiff little JV by the end of the season....Likewise, Coach Sissy Lemons, had a Girls SS JV, that would have placed at least 4th in the 8 team 21-3A District race. It's a good Coaching attitude to put your teams against the best that will schedule you, in hopes of upgrading your overall Playoff level skills.

KL3
05-14-2003, 11:54 AM
Is anybody else getting tired of the Bridge City, Barbers Hill lovefest?

Bridge City and Barbers Hill region 3 championship? I wouldn't bet on it.

Billy Boy
05-14-2003, 12:09 PM
KL3:

Bridge City and Barbers Hill region 3 championship? I wouldn't bet on it.Man I thought I was the only one. Good to read your comments.

FBmania
05-14-2003, 12:36 PM
Billy Boy:

KL3:

Bridge City and Barbers Hill region 3 championship? I wouldn't bet on it.Man I thought I was the only one. Good to read your comments.Hey billy bozo/KL3 just read back over most of the posts in here from BH, you won't find us making any bold predictions on the R-III championship, just support for our team. We know it's going to be a tough battle to advance past each bracket level.
Point out to me all of the bold predictions that I or any one from BH has made! :mad:

Billy Boy
05-14-2003, 01:14 PM
FBmania:

Billy Boy:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KL3:
<strong>Is anybody else getting tired of the Bridge City, Barbers Hill lovefest?

Bridge City and Barbers Hill region 3 championship? I wouldn't bet on it.Man I thought I was the only one. Good to read your comments.Hey billy bozo/KL3 just read back over most of the posts in here from BH, you won't find us making any bold predictions on the R-III championship, just support for our team. We know it's going to be a tough battle to advance past each bracket level.
Point out to me all of the bold predictions that I or any one from BH has made! :mad: </strong>[/QUOTE

I was talking about Old cards ongoing comments. Look at my posts and you"ll see scores. So name calling just brings out the kid in you. I have not bragged or be little you. So do your playing on the field and leave the name calling to the idiots. Thanks

FBmania
05-14-2003, 01:25 PM
Billy Boy would you believe that was a typo? No, I didn't think so. :D I just put you in there with KL3 because you agreed with his comments. I know old card loves his cardinals and I don't agree with most of the things he says, but I usually leave most people alone unless they start taking shots at me or BH. :D :mad:

Billy Boy
05-14-2003, 01:40 PM
FBmania:
Billy Boy would you believe that was a typo? No, I didn't think so. :D I just put you in there with KL3 because you agreed with his comments. I know old card loves his cardinals and I don't agree with most of the things he says, but I usually leave most people alone unless they start taking shots at me or BH. :D :mad: I'm not taking shots at you or BH I known ya'll are a class act and a fine team. I just hope we can meet in the playoffs good luck to ya'll.

Bellville22
05-14-2003, 02:17 PM
Alright, my Brahmas and Brahmanettes are out, but there are 2 nearby teams, Sealy and LG, that are still making their runs. I'll go ahead and throw out my predictions for those series this week...

LG/BH: I gotta go w/ the Leps in this one. Barbers Hill had a very solid, well coached team, but I don't think they can hang w/ LG. They've got a pretty good little pitcher, but no way he can match up w/ a Homer Bailey. I would save him for game 2, and try to stretch the series into 3, but even that is hard to do, cause LG's pitching goes deeper than Bailey. La Grange is my favorite to win state right now. They've got their work cut out for them, I think Region 3 is the toughest region as a whole, but I think they have what it takes to win it all. I'll take LaGrange in 2 in this one.

Sealy/BC: I don't think either of these teams could beat either of the top teams, but that's the way the bracket falls sometimes. I don't know a whole lot about BC. I hear they're a pretty solid squad, but have only 1 real good pitcher (is this true?). I do know alot about Sealy. I know they have tremendous pitching, and can throw a stud in all 3 games. You're not gonna score alot of runs on Sealy, unless you can get in the pitchers heads, and rattle them a bit, especially Rivers, he's very emotional, and if something doesn't go right, he can fall apart, that's what happened against Bellville and they put a 6 spot up in the 7th inning. Sealy doesn't have a great offense beyond the 4th or 5th hitters. Severe drop off at the bottom. I look for this one to go 3, I think BC may steal the first one, but I'll take Sealy to advance in 3 games.

Old Card: There's a chance I may be going to the Sealy/BC game tonight(Wed). I'll be wearing a white "life gaurd" t-shirt and a Boston Red Sox cap if I'm there. If you notice me, give me a hollar, since 73 and I missed you at the softball games.

Best of luck to all the teams.

FBmania
05-14-2003, 02:41 PM
Billy Boy:

FBmania:
Billy Boy would you believe that was a typo? No, I didn't think so. :D I just put you in there with KL3 because you agreed with his comments. I know old card loves his cardinals and I don't agree with most of the things he says, but I usually leave most people alone unless they start taking shots at me or BH. :D :mad: I'm not taking shots at you or BH I known ya'll are a class act and a fine team. I just hope we can meet in the
playoffs good luck to ya'll.Good luck to your team also! Just feeling a little frisky because it's PLAYOFF TIME! I take back the bozo comment. :p Once again good luck!

FBmania
05-14-2003, 03:00 PM
Bellville22:
Alright, my Brahmas and Brahmanettes are out, but there are 2 nearby teams, Sealy and LG, that are still making their runs. I'll go ahead and throw out my predictions for those series this week...

LG/BH: I gotta go w/ the Leps in this one. Barbers Hill had a very solid, well coached team, but I don't think they can hang w/ LG. They've got a pretty good little pitcher, but no way he can match up w/ a Homer Bailey. I would save him for game 2, and try to stretch the series into 3, but even that is hard to do, cause LG's pitching goes deeper than Bailey. La Grange is my favorite to win state right now. They've got their work cut out for them, I think Region 3 is the toughest region as a whole, but I think they have what it takes to win it all. I'll take LaGrange in 2 in this one.

Sealy/BC: I don't think either of these teams could beat either of the top teams, but that's the way the bracket falls sometimes. I don't know a whole lot about BC. I hear they're a pretty solid squad, but have only 1 real good pitcher (is this true?). I do know alot about Sealy. I know they have tremendous pitching, and can throw a stud in all 3 games. You're not gonna score alot of runs on Sealy, unless you can get in the pitchers heads, and rattle them a bit, especially Rivers, he's very emotional, and if something doesn't go right, he can fall apart, that's what happened against Bellville and they put a 6 spot up in the 7th inning. Sealy doesn't have a great offense beyond the 4th or 5th hitters. Severe drop off at the bottom. I look for this one to go 3, I think BC may steal the first one, but I'll take Sealy to advance in 3 games.

Old Card: There's a chance I may be going to the Sealy/BC game tonight(Wed). I'll be wearing a white "life gaurd" t-shirt and a Boston Red Sox cap if I'm there. If you notice me, give me a hollar, since 73 and I missed you at the softball games.

Best of luck to all the teams.Bellville22: We know all about Homer Bailey, and we are expecting his and LaGranges' best. The only way to the Title is thru the best. Ace against Ace. If we tak'em down, then that's what we have to do to advance. If not, then so be it. No doubt about it, we are expecting a war the rest of the way no matter how far we advance.
Thanks for the compliments, and good luck to all the remaining teams.

Old Cardinal
05-14-2003, 03:43 PM
Yes, I always make bold predictions and yes, sometimes I am wrong-dead wrong. If you look back over the years; I have a pretty good record, making predictions...Yes I missed it completely when Jasper played Burnet in football; but I thought Jasper could display the discipline to win, they certainly had the athletes...I am just calling it- the way I see it! If I am wrong, so be it-but thusfar, I have guessed it pretty close on both softball and baseball,here in the playoffs...I enjoy reading the predictions of others on this message board: that is part of what keeps this thing so active!

<small>[ May 14, 2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

sinton66
05-14-2003, 05:40 PM
Region 3 is the toughest competition? OK, if you say so. Lorena, La Grange, Barber's Hill and Bridge City all have quality programs, but don't sell R4 short in baseball. After all, two of the top four are from R3, and the other two are from R4. You probably shouldn't forget about Forney and Abilene Wylie either.

Old Cardinal
05-14-2003, 07:06 PM
To Bellville 22: Bridge City does have Senior Derek Blacksher at their disposal, and he is a dandy! But, if you think that they don't have an incredible supporting pitching staff, I would suggest that you ask Little Cypress-Mauriceville and Santa Fe-two 4A teams that are playing for the semi-finals in 4A. BC's other pitchers did a number on them, several times this year. It is true their other pitchers have lost 5 games, but they were to teams that made the playoffs in 4A and high enrollment rated teams in Louisiana....Would you please post the action and scores on the Sealy vs BC game here on the internet-I am in North Carolina tonight. Thank you

Bellville22
05-14-2003, 08:32 PM
Turns out I'm not gonna be at the game afterall. But I should talk to someone, so I'll try to post any info I get.

bccards
05-14-2003, 08:36 PM
Old Cardinal: The game is being broadcast over the Internet on KOGT.COM

Bellville22
05-14-2003, 09:25 PM
Sealy defeated BC 4-2 in Game 1 tonight in Humble. BC scored 1 in the 1st and 1 in the 3rd. Sealy scored 4 in the 4th. 2 hits followed by 2 errors and groundout. Don't have anymore details. BC's pitcher Ked 11.

Game 2 Friday (I think).

Still takin' Sealy in 3.

Old Cardinal
05-14-2003, 09:29 PM
Wow, A good come from behind victory for Sealy. Two big errors proves you must play error-free ball at this level..well we will see what happens this Friday...