PDA

View Full Version : Tigers take 2-0 series lead

kepdawg
10-11-2006, 10:27 PM
8-5

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2006, 11:20 PM
the A's magic seems to end in the post season past few years after being the hottest team each year at the end of the season. Tigers chances look good but wouldnt count out the A's just yet.

JR2004
10-12-2006, 01:09 AM
I'm an A's fan and I've watched this meltdown too many times! 1990 against the Reds...Then there was that whole decade of the 90's. :doh:

Then came the meltdowns earlier this decade. FINALLY I think this is the year. We get past the Twins and bam we lose the first two at home! Whoever the 5 guys are in the A's braintrust that voted for Loaiza to start tonight instead of Harden shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the plane headed to Detroit!

AggieJohn
10-12-2006, 01:12 AM
that's the problem with money ball, experience pays off in the playoffs not hot young rooks

eagles_victory
10-12-2006, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
that's the problem with money ball, experience pays off in the playoffs not hot young rooks is that why the young unexperienced tigers beat the veteran weve been here ten years in a row yankees in the first round. Baseball anything can happen. But gotta give credit to Milton Bradley hes been phenominal so far in two losing efforts

AggieJohn
10-12-2006, 01:45 AM
moneyball=oakland

JR2004
10-12-2006, 02:00 AM
that's the problem with money ball, experience pays off in the playoffs not hot young rooks

Being an A's fan and following them as I do, I don't think you have a good understanding of "moneyball" at all. This team doesn't have any "hot young rooks" on it. I'd also like an explanation of the Marlins in 2003 if experience is what wins in the playoffs! :)

If the A's had the revenue stream to work with that other teams up on the high end of the payroll ladder have, Beane wouldn't have to invest as much of our budget into our farm system. I do like our system though and how we are able to manipulate so many high draft picks out of it. I'm glad more teams don't adopt the A's way of running things or we might start getting some competition in the division!

We're just being beat right now by a team riding a wave of momentum and it's going to be hard to slow them down now.

STXBramha
10-12-2006, 03:11 AM
Detroit in 5

AggieJohn
10-12-2006, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Being an A's fan and following them as I do, I don't think you have a good understanding of "moneyball" at all. This team doesn't have any "hot young rooks" on it. I'd also like an explanation of the Marlins in 2003 if experience is what wins in the playoffs! :)

If the A's had the revenue stream to work with that other teams up on the high end of the payroll ladder have, Beane wouldn't have to invest as much of our budget into our farm system. I do like our system though and how we are able to manipulate so many high draft picks out of it. I'm glad more teams don't adopt the A's way of running things or we might start getting some competition in the division!

We're just being beat right now by a team riding a wave of momentum and it's going to be hard to slow them down now. I have a good enough understanding of moneyball, and the 2003 had josh beckett, enough said

KTJ
10-12-2006, 07:56 AM
I'm an A's fan and I've watched this meltdown too many times! 1990 against the Reds...Then there was that whole decade of the 90's. :doh:

Then came the meltdowns earlier this decade. FINALLY I think this is the year. We get past the Twins and bam we lose the first two at home! Whoever the 5 guys are in the A's braintrust that voted for Loaiza to start tonight instead of Harden shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the plane headed to Detroit!

Being a Rangers fan, I'd give anything to "lose in the ALCS."

Old Tiger
10-12-2006, 07:57 AM
The Yankee's need to get youth at pitching and quit signing old pitchers. They need young guns.

JR2004
10-12-2006, 07:46 PM
I have a good enough understanding of moneyball, and the 2003 had josh beckett, enough said

lol...You really don't, but that's alright. I can think of a 100 different things I'd have no clue about like hockey, soccer, tennis, why College Station is so darn strange. (Austin is just as strange for the record.) This just happens to be a subject you don't understand. :)

Tigers should finish off this series in Detroit and if they do best of luck to them in the World Series!

kepdawg
10-12-2006, 07:51 PM
lol...You really don't, but that's alright. I can think of a 100 different things I'd have no clue about like hockey, soccer, tennis, why College Station is so darn strange. (Austin is just as strange for the record.) This just happens to be a subject you don't understand. :)

Tigers should finish off this series in Detroit and if they do best of luck to them in the World Series!