PDA

View Full Version : My Cheap Shot Back To The Aggies

Old Tiger
10-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Saw this somewhere else...

FACT: Texas A&M has only won 3 national championships ever, in any sport. 2 of them are softball national titles, the most recent being in 1987. No aggies, equestrian doesn't count. It's not an NCAA sport. I know you've won 5 in that...exciting.

FACT: They did win ONE football national championship, in 1939. People who were alive to witness this event are quickly dwindling.

FACT: Texas A&M lost their first ever football game to the University of Texas 38-0, and won their first game against a HIGH SCHOOL 14-6, close call.

FACT: Although Texas A&M was the first PUBLIC university to open in Texas, it originally was a branch of the University of Texas; which the legislature called a "University of the First class"

FACT: Texas A&M was called The Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas until 1963, and women were not allowed to attend until that same year.

AggieJohn
10-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Saw this somewhere else...

FACT: Texas A&M has only won 3 national championships ever, in any sport. 2 of them are softball national titles, the most recent being in 1987. No aggies, equestrian doesn't count. It's not an NCAA sport. I know you've won 5 in that...exciting.

FACT: They did win ONE football national championship, in 1939. People who were alive to witness this event are quickly dwindling.

FACT: Texas A&M lost their first ever football game to the University of Texas 38-0, and won their first game against a HIGH SCHOOL 14-6, close call.

FACT: Although Texas A&M was the first PUBLIC university to open in Texas, it originally was a branch of the University of Texas; which the legislature called a "University of the First class"

FACT: Texas A&M was called The Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas until 1963, and women were not allowed to attend until that same year.

Rebuttal to Fact #1: I think we have one more football shared national championship with USC. And I believe that an all male military academy would of been hard to attract guys to go to way back when because they couldn't have girls. Yes I know Army was stought back then, but if you have to constantly compete with Army and lose, your not going to get the football recruits. And wasn't Army cheating during that time as well.

Rebuttal to Fact #2: Some of those members of the 1939 national championship have done some of the most amazing things off the field including John Kimbrough, Marion Pugh, Marshall Foch Robnett, and Tommie Vaughn.

Rebuttal to Fact #3: We played 2 games the first year we fielded a team. Who cares. The first year you fielded a team you played 2 schools twice, nice season there.

Some of the teams Texas played in it's first years:
Houston Town Team(How, What, Why?)
Austin YMCA (Back to Back weeks)
Galveston Ball(Same team you poked fun of us beating, which you beat by the same amount of points)

Rebuttal to Fact #4: Because Agriculture was not considered a "First Class" thing to do back then. Gosh, and you wonder why we call you t-sips

Rebuttal to Fact #5: The college opened for classes in 1876 as the "Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas." In 1963, the legislature changed the name to "Texas A&M University" to reflect the expanded roles and academic offerings of the university. Officially the letters "A&M" no longer have any explicit meaning, but they are retained as a link to the university's past.

crabman
10-11-2006, 10:12 PM
word........

coach
10-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by crabman
word........

also havent we won one or two soccer national championships???

JHS_c/o_06'
10-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
Officially the letters "A&M" no longer have any explicit meaning, but they are retained as a link to the university's past.

So....if A&M doesnt really mean anything.....wouldnt that make you....ummmm......let me see..:thinking:...what am i thinking of here.....c'mon...someone help me out

AH YES!

Texas University

crabman
10-11-2006, 11:16 PM
I know of at least one Women's Archery team championship. Two of my best friends have individual NCAA titles to their credit. Jeff Birmingham in International Trap (shooting) and Randy Hall in Pole Vault both indoor and outdoor.

Man the titles are everywhere if you just look. :D

AggieJohn
10-11-2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
So....if A&M doesnt really mean anything.....wouldnt that make you....ummmm......let me see..:thinking:...what am i thinking of here.....c'mon...someone help me out

AH YES!

Texas University Yes because we all know that just because the major focus of a university isn't what it's name is anymore...............wow i'm confusing myself

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-12-2006, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'

AH YES!

Texas University

Your shenanigans are evil.

Bulldog_12
10-12-2006, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
shenanigans

http://img111.exs.cx/img111/8752/farva.jpg

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-12-2006, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
http://img111.exs.cx/img111/8752/farva.jpg

Car Ram Rod

Old Tiger
10-12-2006, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
http://img111.exs.cx/img111/8752/farva.jpg All I want is a GD liter of cola!

Tweeder215
10-12-2006, 06:59 AM
Rebuttal to Fact #1: I think we have one more football shared national championship with USC. And I believe that an all male military academy would of been hard to attract guys to go to way back when because they couldn't have girls. Yes I know Army was stought back then, but if you have to constantly compete with Army and lose, your not going to get the football recruits. And wasn't Army cheating during that time as well.

Rebuttal to Fact #2: Some of those members of the 1939 national championship have done some of the most amazing things off the field including John Kimbrough, Marion Pugh, Marshall Foch Robnett, and Tommie Vaughn.

Rebuttal to Fact #3: We played 2 games the first year we fielded a team. Who cares. The first year you fielded a team you played 2 schools twice, nice season there.

Galveston Ball(Same team you poked fun of us beating, which you beat by the same amount of points)

Rebuttal to Fact #4: Because Agriculture was not considered a "First Class" thing to do back then. Gosh, and you wonder why we call you t-sips

Rebuttal to Fact #5: The college opened for classes in 1876 as the "Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas." In 1963, the legislature changed the name to "Texas A&M University" to reflect the expanded roles and academic offerings of the university. Officially the letters "A&M" no longer have any explicit meaning, but they are retained as a link to the university's past.

So not only does A&M suck. but you all like to make excuses for it and make it seem as though its ok...All I can say is "Wow".
Let me show you how this appears to everyone else.

#1. We suck?!?! Oh ya, well, well, well Army used to cheat!
#2. So what it was 70 years ago, those guys were really cool!
#3........I'm not even going to address #3 because just the fact that the most intelligent thing you had to say was "Who Cares?" shows the 3rd grade mentality that embodies B/CS.
#4 & #5.....The only thing you did was repeat what had already been said and throw the word "rebuttal" out in front of it to make it look like you had a legit argument.

AggieJohn
10-12-2006, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
So not only does A&M suck. but you all like to make excuses for it and make it seem as though its ok...All I can say is "Wow".
Let me show you how this appears to everyone else.

#1. We suck?!?! Oh ya, well, well, well Army used to cheat!
#2. So what it was 70 years ago, those guys were really cool!
#3........I'm not even going to address #3 because just the fact that the most intelligent thing you had to say was "Who Cares?" shows the 3rd grade mentality that embodies B/CS.
#4 & #5.....The only thing you did was repeat what had already been said and throw the word "rebuttal" out in front of it to make it look like you had a legit argument. your mom

Tweeder215
10-12-2006, 07:43 AM
your mom

haha....point proven!!!

Old Tiger
10-12-2006, 07:43 AM
haha....point proven!!! Owned

AggieJohn
10-12-2006, 07:50 AM
haha....point proven!!! ability to pick up sarcase: not achieved

CHS_CG
10-12-2006, 07:58 AM
aj, take this the nicest way possible.. just shut up.... some people like A&M some dont, thats how its ALWAYS gunna be, we are gunna win a fight they arent gunna win a fight, all yall are doing is sounding like 4th graders... agree to disagree move on and stop tryin to have a come back for everything somebody says... who gives a d@mn if they like A&M or not....

raider red 2000
10-12-2006, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
aj, take this the nicest way possible.. just shut up.... some people like A&M some dont, thats how its ALWAYS gunna be, we are gunna win a fight they arent gunna win a fight, all yall are doing is sounding like 4th graders... agree to disagree move on and stop tryin to have a come back for everything somebody says... who gives a d@mn if they like A&M or not....

CHS- l like you....even if you choose to wear maroon :)

Old Tiger
10-12-2006, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
CHS- l like you....even if you choose to wear maroon :) Wait till you meet her! :nerd: :p

raider red 2000
10-12-2006, 08:35 AM
Wait till you meet her! :nerd: :p

whats that supposed to mean????

GATAPride77
10-12-2006, 08:39 AM
If TAMC was the first public college then explain how it was ORGINALLY a branch of UT?

Please tell me you are a true Longhorn, (attending school there or an Texas Ex) Otherwise why do you even bother to post this garbage.

Old Tiger
10-12-2006, 08:39 AM
whats that supposed to mean???? She's absolute bunkers! Craziest girl I've ever met! :D

Funk-d-fied
10-12-2006, 08:42 AM
A little info. for YA! sips....

Texas A&M University is currently ranked 60th overall in the United States and tied for 21st among public universities[19] by U.S. News and World Report. It is ranked as the 25th "Best Value for a Public School" in the nation (in the "In-State" category), and the best value in the state of Texas by Kiplinger's Personal Finance.[20] The publication The Washington Monthly ranks Texas A&M 5th nationally[21] with criteria based on research, community service, and social mobility.

Among individual college, departments, and programs:

A&M's agricultural engineering program is ranked 1st in the nation.[19]
The Dwight Look College of Engineering is tied for 14th nationally. The undergraduate petroleum engineering program is ranked 1st.[19]
The Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine is consistently ranked in the top 5 vet schools in the country.[19]
Mays Business School has numerous top 10 rankings from a variety of sources.[22]

Old Tiger
10-12-2006, 08:43 AM
Yea well we're #6 in the football polls :D

PS. Nobody is questioning academics ;)

Funk-d-fied
10-12-2006, 08:44 AM
Texas A&M University has earned 92 Southwest Conference regular-season and tournament titles, 21 Big 12 regular-season and tournament titles, and five national championships

Funk-d-fied
10-12-2006, 08:45 AM
Who's we? what jersey # do u suit up in, just another t-shirt fan running his mouth, you can say they are #6 but "we" would include you, which we all know is not going to happen...

Old Tiger
10-12-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
Who's we? what jersey # do u suit up in, just another t-shirt fan running his mouth, you can say they are #6 but "we" would include you, which we all know is not going to happen... I usually wear my #10 jersey on saturday's ;) haha

Is someone cranky this morning?

Funk-d-fied
10-12-2006, 08:48 AM
Na, not kranky, just telling it like I see it...

pirate4state
10-12-2006, 08:52 AM
This is how I see it :weeping: :weeping: :foul: :foul: :weeping: :weeping:

I'm with CHS_CG - give it a rest already! :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
10-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Na, not kranky, just telling it like I see it... "We're better than you and we know it" - Ben Stiller Dodgeball, 2004

Ranger Mom
10-12-2006, 08:55 AM
She's absolute bunkers! Craziest girl I've ever met! :D

WOW!! I didn't see any of that the entire week she spent with me, or the weekend road trip we just took!!

Okay.....so she may be a lil crazy..but I probably act crazier than she does!!:D :D

Old Tiger
10-12-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
WOW!! I didn't see any of that the entire week she spent with me, or the weekend road trip we just took!!

Okay.....so she may be a lil crazy..but I probably act crazier than she does!!:D :D Your thinking of outgoing crazy ;)

It's more on the lines of :twitch:

Funk-d-fied
10-12-2006, 08:58 AM
Theres that "we" word again.....LOL

Old Tiger
10-12-2006, 08:59 AM
Theres that "we" word again.....LOL We we means yes lol

raider red 2000
10-12-2006, 09:01 AM

Okay.....so she may be a lil crazy..but I probably act crazier than she does!!:D :D

nothing wrong with crazy peeps :)

Ranger Mom
10-12-2006, 09:04 AM
nothing wrong with crazy peeps :)

Whew!! Thank goodness!!

(Sorry Casey...didn't mean to hi-jack your thread)!

Old Tiger
10-12-2006, 09:05 AM
Whew!! Thank goodness!!

(Sorry Casey...didn't mean to hi-jack your thread)! Hey it's cool. I'm just trying to get 8g's

which i just noticed I did.

Ranger Mom
10-12-2006, 09:07 AM
Hey it's cool. I'm just trying to get 8g's

which i just noticed I did.

CONGRATS!!!:clap:

CHS_CG
10-12-2006, 09:07 AM
post paddler... and i am not freakin crazy.. ill keep that in mind when you are on the phone beggin me to come hang out with ya in rockdale...

Old Tiger
10-12-2006, 09:08 AM
post paddler... and i am not freakin crazy.. ill keep that in mind when you are on the phone beggin me to come hang out with ya in rockdale... haha I never beg and I won't want to hang out much long anyway.

CHS_CG
10-12-2006, 09:12 AM
haha I never beg and I won't want to hang out much long anyway.

oh yeah.. you dont beg like when u called me a while back and i told you iwas out with some friends and you told me please come to rockdale im bored.. come see me!

Old Tiger
10-12-2006, 09:13 AM
oh yeah.. you dont beg like when u called me a while back and i told you iwas out with some friends and you told me please come to rockdale im bored.. come see me! Key word bored...nothing else to do ;)

CHS_CG
10-12-2006, 09:14 AM
Key word bored...nothing else to do ;)

yeah... im sure THAT was the case...:rolleyes:

Phil C
10-12-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by coach
also havent we won one or two soccer national championships???

No.

Phil C
10-12-2006, 10:11 AM

Actually Army had a cheating scandle but that was in 1950 not during their great 1944 to 1946 years in which they won two MNCs. Also it is USC that is trying to claim the MNC in 1939 which was awarded to the Aggies even though one poll did award it to USC. Most football fans don't pay attention to that claim because the main one was was the AP which awarded it to the Aggies which seems just because USC had one or two ties that year while the Aggies were perfect.

KTJ
10-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Texas A&M University has earned 92 Southwest Conference regular-season and tournament titles, 21 Big 12 regular-season and tournament titles, and five national championships

Holy hell, where did you get those numbers? Because they are all wrong.

Who's we? what jersey # do u suit up in, just another t-shirt fan running his mouth, you can say they are #6 but "we" would include you, which we all know is not going to happen...

And since when do you have to play on the team to say "we are ranked # so-and-so in the nation"? When did that memo come out? If I say "we", I am meaning Texas. I am part of we since I'm a graduate of this school. If A&M was ranked #4 in the nation, you'd be saying "we are ranked", wouldn't you.

And don't lie.

:D

Phil C
10-12-2006, 10:12 AM
A little info. for YA! sips....

Texas A&M University is currently ranked 60th overall in the United States and tied for 21st among public universities[19] by U.S. News and World Report. It is ranked as the 25th "Best Value for a Public School" in the nation (in the "In-State" category), and the best value in the state of Texas by Kiplinger's Personal Finance.[20] The publication The Washington Monthly ranks Texas A&M 5th nationally[21] with criteria based on research, community service, and social mobility.

Among individual college, departments, and programs:

A&M's agricultural engineering program is ranked 1st in the nation.[19]
The Dwight Look College of Engineering is tied for 14th nationally. The undergraduate petroleum engineering program is ranked 1st.[19]
The Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine is consistently ranked in the top 5 vet schools in the country.[19]
Mays Business School has numerous top 10 rankings from a variety of sources.[22]

Triumped up surveys and studies by people you never heard of.

:D

Phil C
10-12-2006, 10:14 AM

I know of three ncs in football and two in softball. What are the other two?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-12-2006, 11:07 AM
You guys are dumb, arguing on this thread, I mean honestly, who cares? I came here to go to the top ranked Petroleum Engineering school in the nation.

District303aPastPlayer
10-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
No.

that sums up everything.

Phil C
10-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You guys are dumb, arguing on this thread, I mean honestly, who cares? I came here to go to the top ranked Petroleum Engineering school in the nation.

But our questions are honest Big. I know the Aggies won football NC in 1939 and have two more in softball. But what are the other two? :confused: :(

RMAC
10-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by GATAPride77
If TAMC was the first public college then explain how it was ORGINALLY a branch of UT?

Please tell me you are a true Longhorn, (attending school there or an Texas Ex) Otherwise why do you even bother to post this garbage.

Well let's think about this. If ATM was the SMALLER branch of the University of Texas, it would make loads of sense that it was built faster, ergo, it opened up earlier.

Oh yeah, I don't like UT at all.

big daddy russ
10-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Well let's think about this. If ATM was the SMALLER branch of the University of Texas, it would make loads of sense that it was built faster, ergo, it opened up earlier.

It ORIGINALLY wasn't, but then was "adopted" into the UT system, then broke off on its own in the early-1900's.

It's a case of he-said, she-said. Horns say one thing, Aggies say another, but they're actually both right. I did some research on it a while back just to find out exactly what happened, and this is how it shook out...

-1839: The Republic of Texas first passed legislation calling for a university to be built. It was basically just hollow legislation at this point except for one facet... 230,000 acres of Texas land was set aside to get the project started. Other than that, it was just one of those bills that said that "we support making some sort of effort towards the creation of a Texas University." In reality, the Republic of Texas was an economic mess at the time, and a university was something for the distant future. At that point in time, Texas' only chance of seeing this happen was gaining admittance into the USA. While the legislation was hollow promises at the time, this was the groundwork for UT.

-1845: After a decade of sovereignity marked by constant turmoil with Indians, Mexicans, and lack of money, Texas is admitted as the 28th state in the union. With US funding, Texas could finally begin to repay its foreign war debts and, eventually, concentrate on other things... like public education.

-1858: The Texas Congress finally got the ball rolling. They set aside funds to go with those 230K+ acres of land, and tax revenues started going towards the creation of the first state university.

-1862: This is where it gets tricky. The United States enacts the Morrill Act, named for the Vermont Senator who sponsored the bill. It was becoming painfully obvious (at the height of the Civil War) that we needed more institutions to teach military and construction sciences, and later (after the Germans in WWI showed us the advantages of superb engineering on the battlefront) put a great emphasis on engineering (the reason that Purdue, Texas A&M, etc. are always neck-and-neck with schools like MIT, Cooper-Union, Bradley, etc in the engineering sciences). It set aside 30K acres of land PER CONGRESSMAN (senators plus representatives... so 90K acres even in the smallest states) to be used towards the creation of land-grant colleges (the Morrill Act is also known as the Land-Grant). It also set up funds for the creation of these colleges, distributed according to need.

-1871: ***First official mention of Texas Agricultural and Mechanical College, later known as Texas A&M*** During the Texas Congressional session of 1871, the legislators put the Morrill Act to use and established Texas A&M as the second state-funded college in Texas (Sam Houston Teachers College, now SHSU, was the first).

-August 14, 1876: ***First official mention of what would become the University of Texas*** The 12th, and final, Texas Constitution is adopted, saying:

"The Legislature shall, as soon as practicable, establish, organize, and provide for the maintenance, support, and direction of a university of the first class, to be located by a vote of the people of this State, and styled ‘The University of Texas’..."

This is the where AMC is adopted into the UT system, less than a month and a half before AMC opened its doors. Aggy started out as an independent university, then was adopted to allow for only one board of regents to govern both universities.

-October 4, 1876: Texas A&M opens its doors.

-September 6, 1881: UT is officially voted into creation, per the following bill created in the legislature of 1881:

"That there be established in this State, at such location as may be determined by a vote of the people, an institution of learning, which shall be called and known as The University of Texas. The medical department of the university shall be located, if so determined by a vote of the people, at a different point from the university proper, and as a branch thereof; and the question of the location of said department shall be submitted to the people and voted on separately from the propositions for the location of the main university."

-1883: UT opens its doors. I couldn't find the exact date.

-Early-1900's (I want to say during the Roosevelt or Wilson administration... I know it was during the reign of one of the two major presidents of the early century): AMC, now one of the preeminent agricultural and military science universities in the nation, breaks off from the University of Texas and forms its own Board of Regents.

The rest is history. Just for background, these are the reasons both sides of the coin are correct. This is the reason TAMU has the Corps (Virginia Military Institute and The Citadel round out the three most noteworthy "public military academies" set up by the Morrill Act) and the reason UT is considered a "Public Ivy." The state invests most of its research funds into the University of Texas, allowing for higher ratings in the sciences, liberal arts, and most other fields save engineering, Ag, and construction science. And I know that the UT engineering program is ranked higher by US News and World Report, but I've seen several other publications who also rank schools, and all have only five schools that consistently make the top 10 (in varying orders):

-MIT
-Stanford
-Cal-Berkley
-Purdue, and
-(you guessed it) Texas A&M.

UT, on the other hand, wrecks shop in the liberal arts, boasting the second-best undergrad R/TV (to Syracuse) and third-best journalism (to SU and Wisconsin) programs in the nation, and possibly the best overall Lib Arts Program there is. Also score high in the sciences, business, and just about every other field out there.

big daddy russ
10-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by RMAC

Oh, the reason A&M didn't take as long to set up was two-fold:

1. UT was living off primarily state money while A&M had loads of federal money at their disposal, and...

2. A&M started out as AMC... as in Ag and Mechanical COLLEGE. UT was a university and offered a more varied array of degrees and programs, thus presenting more obstacles for the staff to overcome.

TheDOCTORdre
10-12-2006, 02:42 PM
Gosh, and you wonder why we call you t-sips

no one really wonders that, we all know that its because of ignorance and jealousy

mwynn05
10-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Yea well we're #6 in the football polls :D

PS. Nobody is questioning academics ;) We??? you dont attend Texas there is no WE

g$$
10-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Great post Russ, very informative.

Both schools are fine institutions. And A&M's Petroleum Engineering is the #1 ranked program in the world, not just nationally. That I do know.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Great post Russ, very informative.

Both schools are fine institutions. And A&M's Petroleum Engineering is the #1 ranked program in the world, not just nationally. That I do know.

No wonder why it's so damn hard....

g$$
10-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Big Blue: Hang in there, because when you finish you can write your own ticket. Big $$ to be made & the economy needs more & more help in the oil/gas industries. Saw an economical survey recently saying that our biggest need is for more qualified petroleum engineers.

Energy & computer fields are the way to go right now. Shortage of teachers too.

wedo
10-12-2006, 05:06 PM
i just have one thing to say

who cares?? A&M sucks!!!!!!!!!

aggie09
10-13-2006, 11:40 AM
honestly how many of yall whining babies actually attend/attended Texas A&M or TU?

And if you do not attend either or have never attended one of them; I think it is pretty incompetent of you to talk badly about either school. B/c there is no way to know if you like one school or the other having never attended.

coach
10-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by aggie09
honestly how many of yall whining babies actually attend/attended Texas A&M or TU?

And if you do not attend either or have never attended one of them; I think it is pretty incompetent of you to talk badly about either school. B/c there is no way to know if you like one school or the other having never attended.

thats like saying u cant talk bad about washington redskins because u didnt play for the dallas cowboys and u cant talk bad about any other college team in the united states bc u dont go to a certain school

big daddy russ
10-13-2006, 11:48 AM

I didn't, but my girlfriend of over three years is a senior there and my brother's a fifth-year senior in College Station.

Oh, and I lived there for three years. Sat on the student side at most of the home football games over the past three years (probably attended 75% of the home games), went to tons of hoops and baseball games, and did all the school-sponsored stuff with my girl (Reveille Ball, etc.).

I don't know if this post was directed at me, but I don't have much bad to say about either school.

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2006, 12:01 PM

Well, I'm not a whining baby and don't really root for either school. My oldest son is in his 4th year at The University of Texas, majoring in Chemical Engineering and if I "have" to choose a team to cheer for when this game is on, it will be the Horns.

As far as all the crap that comes from both sides, my personal opinion is http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/sick.gif .

AggieJohn
10-13-2006, 12:14 PM

And if you do not attend either or have never attended one of them; I think it is pretty incompetent of you to talk badly about either school. B/c there is no way to know if you like one school or the other having never attended. i attended A&M

aggie09
10-13-2006, 12:17 PM
no its not like saying youu cant talk bad about washington redskins because you didnt play for the dallas cowboys...is there anywhere in my statement that says playing? i said "attending", can you attend the dallas cowboys? this is college we are talking about; the professional level is a irrelevant point.

CHS_CG
10-13-2006, 12:20 PM
its all stupid if u ask me.. why are we talkin crap to each other a month before the game takes place.. why doesnt everybody just shut up build a bridge and get over it. Start talkin crap that week not a month b4... its gettin pretty annoying from both sides (yes even from some aggies) and i am sure the rest of the posters that dont care for either team would like yall to shut up also!