PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Whiners in 3a.

Darren
10-11-2006, 08:33 PM
I saw a thread about the biggest whiners but I wanted to drill down a little deeper to the biggest whiner teams in 3a.

Who would you vote for??

I am going with Caldwell.

Old Tiger
10-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Darren
I saw a thread about the biggest whiners but I wanted to drill down a little deeper to the biggest whiner teams in 3a.

Who would you vote for??

I am going with Caldwell. Cameron Yoe, always an excuse when they lose. Can't admit they just got beat.

MagicMan
10-11-2006, 08:36 PM
people who respond to my posts

Darren
10-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Cameron Yoe, always an excuse when they lose. Can't admit they just got beat.

Why does it always seem like teams do that?

Example: Caldwell pumped up the game vs Hutto saying that they were going to prove that they were a great team. Then when Hutto beat them Caldwell says that the only reason they lost was because the UIL suspended one of their players.

Why can't teams just say we got beat they are the better team?

wimbo_pro
10-11-2006, 08:43 PM
So true Darren....happens WAY too much.

Stownhorse
10-11-2006, 11:22 PM
I have done it haha I will admit

wimbo_pro
10-12-2006, 12:29 PM
The most common complaint I hear is about the refs. It usually goes like this..."How much did you pay the refs for all the holding calls? Everyone knows you get the homer calls". Then they say the same thing the very next week...but only if they lose. We have a couple of rivals who do this almost every game...it gets old.

Gobbla2001
10-12-2006, 12:32 PM
I honestly think all are the same on the high school level unless you're winning the big one all of the time...

just my two cents, I've heard it everywhere...

eagles_victory
10-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
The most common complaint I hear is about the refs. It usually goes like this..."How much did you pay the refs for all the holding calls? Everyone knows you get the homer calls". Then they say the same thing the very next week...but only if they lose. We have a couple of rivals who do this almost every game...it gets old. Refs are NEVER the soul reason you lose a game. There is always something a team could of done regardless of the refs. Forn example OU vs Oregon yea they got some bad calls but all they had to do was come up with a defensive stop or make a field goal and they win.

I also hate they didnt beat us we beat ourselves. Chances are the other team had something to do with it.

The best team on that given night is the team that wins. They might not be the best team all the time but there the best team on that day or night thats all that matters. So im not big on excuses either.

Gobbla2001
10-12-2006, 12:38 PM
last year at the Bay City/El Campo game I had a fan whining to me about what the refs were doing... I kept telling him "they always do that, that's how it goes" and he didn't understand...

What happened was there was a defensive penalty as time expired in the 3rd qt (I believe this is what it was, correct me if I'm wrong gato), so the scoreboard naturally went to "4th QT 12:00"... when the players didn't switch sides etc... because they were going to replay the down before starting the 4th he got all sorts of ticked at the refs... I gave him an explanation and he just couldn't take it, he was just a-bashin' the refs... finally I made sense to him and he still wasn't happy, he then wanted it to say "3rd Qt :01" from what I could tell...

RMAC
10-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
last year at the Bay City/El Campo game I had a fan whining to me about what the refs were doing... I kept telling him "they always do that, that's how it goes" and he didn't understand...

What happened was there was a defensive penalty as time expired in the 3rd qt (I believe this is what it was, correct me if I'm wrong gato), so the scoreboard naturally went to "4th QT 12:00"... when the players didn't switch sides etc... because they were going to replay the down before starting the 4th he got all sorts of ticked at the refs... I gave him an explanation and he just couldn't take it, he was just a-bashin' the refs... finally I made sense to him and he still wasn't happy, he then wanted it to say "3rd Qt :01" from what I could tell...

Sounds like that guy's just an idiot.

Gobbla2001
10-12-2006, 12:55 PM
yah, I heard this out of him later in the game "That guy just ran two running plays and gained 10 yards on one and five on the other, WHERE'S THE FLAG???"

RMAC
10-12-2006, 01:04 PM
I think God puts idiots on Earth for the entertainment of the other people who aren't.