PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Crashes into New York Building

Blastoderm55
10-11-2006, 02:32 PM
Hopefully just an accident this time around. (http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/11/plane.crash.ap/index.html)

Phil C
10-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Bad news. :(

JasperDog94
10-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Today is October 11th.

JasperDog94
10-11-2006, 02:57 PM
They say it is a helicopter and that the building next to the one hit has a helipad on it. Hopefully this is just a coicidence.

CHS_CG
10-11-2006, 03:46 PM
i dont believe in coicidences..... this is seriously makin me worry!

Adidas410s
10-11-2006, 03:48 PM
it was just reported on ESPN 103.3 that Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle was on the plane.

Ranger Mom
10-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
They say it is a helicopter and that the building next to the one hit has a helipad on it. Hopefully this is just a coicidence.

Everything I am hearing/reading now is saying small plane!

CHS_CG
10-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Everything I am hearing/reading now is saying small plane!

the AP is sayin small plane

eagles_victory
Originally posted by Adidas410s
it was just reported on ESPN 103.3 that Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle was on the plane. Cory Lidle was the pilot and hes dead

Adidas410s
ESPN is reporting that he was flying the plane. Other news sources are listing the plane as registered to him.

Adidas410s
10-11-2006, 04:03 PM
correction...ABC and other major news sources are now confirming that he was flying the plane.

carter08
10-11-2006, 04:07 PM
ESPN has reported that Lidle has perished in the crash

SWMustang
10-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Should have paid for a ticket and let a professional do the piloting.

Gobbla2001
10-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang

I'm sure his family and friends will fully accept your words of infinate wisdom...

Sweetwater Red
10-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
ESPN is reporting that he was flying the plane. Other news sources are listing the plane as registered to him.

......and I thought Steinbrenner was upset that the Yankees
were smoked by Detroit.

SWMustang
10-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I'm sure his family and friends will fully accept your words of infinate wisdom...

These are words of anger. Him and JFK jr. I don't think flying an airplane is something you do as a hobby. Buy a freaking ticket and pay someone who knows what they're doing unless you think your life is worth gambling with.

MagicMan
10-11-2006, 04:55 PM

he was a licensed pilot and flew alot during the offseason idiot

Gobbla2001
10-11-2006, 04:57 PM
These are words of anger. Him and JFK jr. I don't think flying an airplane is something you do as a hobby. Buy a freaking ticket and pay someone who knows what they're doing unless you think your life is worth gambling with.

How do you think "someone who knows what they're doing" got their practice?

SWMustang
10-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan

I'm sure he was a licensed pilot. You can be a licensed driver and not be very good at that too.

SWMustang
10-11-2006, 05:03 PM
How do you think "someone who knows what they're doing" got their practice?

probably not flying into 50 story buildings would be my guess. I would imagine most commercial airline pilots have more experience and fly better maintained planes than Corey Lidle's cessna.

Gobbla2001
10-11-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm sure he was a licensed pilot. You can be a licensed driver and not be very good at that too.

I guess we should all take taxi's then... leave it up to the pros...

can this nation get any more wussy in it?

SWMustang
10-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan

Hey IDIOT - he was a licensed pilot for 8 MONTHS!!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/08/sports/baseball/08yankees.html?ex=1160712000&en=e3c16d3546db809f&ei=5070

Gobbla2001
10-11-2006, 05:37 PM
okay.... so did they interview him after he died? did he say he screwed up on the takeoff? maybe the plane he was flying had a malfunction, which happens most of the time when small planes do crash, ever consider that or are is it that time of the month?

SWMustang
10-11-2006, 05:41 PM
what does that have to do with Magic's assertion about Lidle?

"he was a licensed pilot and flew alot during the offseason idiot"

Is 95 hours alot?

Gobbla2001
10-11-2006, 05:43 PM
what does that have to do with Magic's assertion about Lidle?

"he was a licensed pilot and flew alot during the offseason idiot"

Is 95 hours alot?

we're not talking about magicman here... you answer my question and I answer your question connected to that... that's usually how communication works... you don't ask me what the weather looks like down here and I ask you about a tornado is alaska...

SWMustang
10-11-2006, 05:56 PM
we're not talking about magicman here... you answer my question and I answer your question connected to that... that's usually how communication works... you don't ask me what the weather looks like down here and I ask you about a tornado is alaska...

We will have to wait for the NTSB report to come out after the crash has been investigated. We're veering away from the question about pilot experience but I think it's still relevent how an experienced pilot could handle mechanical difficulty versus the "8 month veteran."

Gobbla2001
10-11-2006, 06:01 PM
We will have to wait for the NTSB report to come out after the crash has been investigated. We're veering away from the question about pilot experience but I think it's still relevent how an experienced pilot could handle mechanical difficulty versus the "8 month veteran."

I never directed anything toword experience to begin with really, I've mostly been discussing the issue in whole because you're obviously angry about something you know little of...

you don't have a report and you do not understand that major airline pilots don't just study for 8 years and then hop in a plane for the first time and fly it... they fly small ones, just like this guy was doing...

you need to argue about something else like Blues Clues or The Wiggles because you're not on this level yet...

SWMustang
10-11-2006, 06:23 PM
I never directed anything toword experience to begin with really, I've mostly been discussing the issue in whole because you're obviously angry about something you know little of...

you don't have a report and you do not understand that major airline pilots don't just study for 8 years and then hop in a plane for the first time and fly it... they fly small ones, just like this guy was doing...

you need to argue about something else like Blues Clues or The Wiggles because you're not on this level yet...

Wow, you really looked a lot of facts up in that retort. I haven't directed a personal attack at you. Why the blues clues comment? I'm hurt :( I never said anything about your Community College writing skills and I can let the infantile closing go. Whaddya say - will you grab the Olive branch?

Ranger Mom
10-11-2006, 06:27 PM
I had read somewhere that the pilot had radioed in before the crash saying he was having a problem ... something to do with "fuel"...don't know if he ran out, wasn't getting any, or what!!

Gobbla2001
10-11-2006, 06:28 PM
Wow, you really looked a lot of facts up in that retort. I haven't directed a personal attack at you. Why the blues clues comment? I'm hurt :( I never said anything about your Community College writing skills and I can let the infantile closing go. Whaddya say - will you grab the Olive branch?

well for some reason I thought the "IDIOT" comment was to me, but after further review I have realized it was directed toword another poster (shows how much I pay attention)...

so I'll take back the Blues Clues comment, but since ya didn't say nothin' about The Wiggles you can keep them :D

Ranger Mom
10-11-2006, 06:31 PM
well for some reason I thought the "IDIOT" comment was to me, but after further review I have realized it was directed toword another poster (shows how much I pay attention)...

so I'll take back the Blues Clues comment, but since ya didn't say nothin' about The Wiggles you can keep them :D

AWWWWW!!!

Group hug!!!:D

SWMustang
10-11-2006, 06:34 PM
No, I called MagicMan an Idiot - since he called me one it seemed fair. :doh: To be honest, I do know more about the Wiggles (that's why I left them out of this).

SWMustang
10-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
AWWWWW!!!

Group hug!!!:D

Come on MagicMan - get in the center of this big group hug - you crazy idiot you!!!