PDA

View Full Version : Darkhorse Favorites....

Bullaholic
10-11-2006, 10:04 AM
Which of these teams from Matt's Top 25 list do you think are the "darkhorses"? By "darkhorse" I mean, which team will make the biggest impact on the playoffs?

I think---

Carthage
Liberty Hill
Sanger
Greenwood

7. Carthage (5-0)
8. Palestine (4-1)
9. Hutto (4-1)
11. Hondo (6-0)
13. Liberty Hill (3-2)
15. Bellville (4-1)
16. Van (4-1)
17. Canyon (5-1)
18. Burkburnett (5-1)
19. Sanger (4-1)
20. Rio Hondo (6-0)
21. Midland Greenwood (6-0)
22. Robinson (4-1)
23. Ingleside (4-1)
24. Kennedale (3-2)

pirate4state
10-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Great topic!!

Liberty Hill
Greenwood
Hondo
and
Rio Hondo :D

GreenMachine
10-11-2006, 10:22 AM
LH and Hutto will probably make alot of noise in the playoffs. I don't consider them "dark horses".

Darren
10-11-2006, 10:48 AM
I think....

Hutto
Liberty Hill
Robinson
and Bellville if they can beat or play Giddings close

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-11-2006, 10:48 AM
i think if they are in the top 25 they cant be considered a dark horse...maybe if you were talking about some school...say pottsboro or something, just to pick one out of the sky, and say that it would make noise in the playoffs, that would be a dark horse. but top 25 teams you generally expect to do something in the playoffs.

Adidas410s
10-11-2006, 10:51 AM
nice job leaving off #25 Abilene Wylie!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bullaholic
10-11-2006, 11:05 AM
I can see some explanation is required. Anytime the label "darkhorse" is applied to a team some fans seem to get offended, and I understand that. Everybody thinks that their team is one of the "favorites" and not a "darkhorse". I left out the names of the teams that are regularlly mentioned as playoff contenders such as Abilene Wylie and Sweetwater because I wanted everyone to focus on the teams that we do not get to hear a lot from regularly---and thereby get to know them better. If this caused this thread to be somewhat "skewed", then I apologize. I agree that any Top 25 team should be considered a "favorite" for the playoffs, but not all of them will make it.

pirate4state
10-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I can see some explanation is required. Anytime the label "darkhorse" is applied to a team some fans seem to get offended, and I understand that. Everybody thinks that their team is one of the "favorites" and not a "darkhorse". I left out the names of the teams that are regularlly mentioned as playoff contenders such as Abilene Wylie and Sweetwater because I wanted everyone to focus on the teams that we do not get to hear a lot from regularly---and thereby get to know them better. If this caused this thread to be somewhat "skewed", then I apologize.

I think this is gonna get you into more trouble with the Liberty Hill, Hutto & Bellville fans!!! :eek: :eek: :D

Stownhorse
10-11-2006, 11:10 AM
I understand Bullaholic.

But I only have 2 choices.

Midland Greenwood and Hutto.

Bullaholic
10-11-2006, 11:13 AM
I enjoy hearing from any fan for any team---at least it might inspire them to post and tell me something about their teams that I didn't know by telling me how stupid I am. In that case, I'll stand the heat and hopefully, such posts will generate interest by causing someone else to think and respond.

pirate4state
10-11-2006, 11:15 AM
I enjoy hearing from any fan for any team---at least it might inspire them to post and tell me something about their teams that I didn't know by telling me how stupid I am. In that case, I'll stand the heat and hopefully, such posts will generate interest by causing someone else to think and respond. :evillol:

Bullaholic
10-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I think this is gonna get you into more trouble with the Liberty Hill, Hutto & Bellville fans!!! :eek: :eek: :D

That's a good thing P4S---at least they will let me know in their "anger" why their team is stronger than a lot of other teams and that is what i am after.

pirate4state
10-11-2006, 11:18 AM
That's a good thing P4S---at least they will let me know in their "anger" why their team is stronger than a lot of other teams and that is what i am after. I know. ;) :devil:

big daddy russ
10-11-2006, 11:22 AM
If Ingleside doesn't draw Cuero in the first round, I think we'll make it to the Regional Finals. Rio Hondo will be tough, but Wimberley and Hondo are on the other side of the bracket.

pirate4state
10-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
If Ingleside doesn't draw Cuero in the first round, I think we'll make it to the Regional Finals. Rio Hondo will be tough, but Wimberley and Hondo are on the other side of the bracket. What happens if you do? :D

westcoast54
10-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Sanger could be dangerous!

big daddy russ
10-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
What happens if you do? :D
I guess we'll just have to play them.

injuredinmelee
10-11-2006, 11:48 AM
Wont Wylie have to play Decatur first round of the playoffs? That is scary if it is so.

injuredinmelee
10-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Or is gainesville a possibility if they make it? Arent they in the same district? maybe i havent been getting enough sleep and I am delusional.

injuredinmelee
10-11-2006, 11:52 AM
i was right. So who is bigger school? Decatur or Gainesville or is here one bigger in that district?

3A Districts (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/2006align/pdf/3A_fb_bsktb.pdf)

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-11-2006, 11:59 AM
i dont think its offensive for my team to be considered a darkhorse. in fact, i think its a good thing. i know the last two years in a row, LW was considered the drakhorse of 7-3a by texashsfootball.com, they had some spoilers and some good district games and helped b'port beco-champs last season. i understood what you were saying exactly the first time i read it. i know not all top 25 teams will go to the playoffs. this isnt the BCS. :D

Pudlugger
10-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
i think if they are in the top 25 they cant be considered a dark horse...maybe if you were talking about some school...say pottsboro or something, just to pick one out of the sky, and say that it would make noise in the playoffs, that would be a dark horse. but top 25 teams you generally expect to do something in the playoffs.

Absolutely! If you want a darkhourse look for one that misses the perview of the polls. Take La Grange for instance. They are a darkhourse team, no one is talking much about them now except me and one or two others on this board. They have to win three more games to go to the playoffs, one of which from the next three opponents: Giddings; Caldwell; and Bellville. I think they can beat Navasota and Smithville and one of these three. If they do, the Leps will make the playoffs.:cool:

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2006, 02:10 PM
by telling me how stupid I am.
Uhm, okay! But just remember you asked for it. :devil: :devil: :devil:

I enjoy hearing from any fan for any team---at least it might inspire them to post and tell me something about their teams that I didn't know.
The Panthers are a relatively young team with 5 (I think) sophomores that start. I don't know that we should be considered a darkhorse, but we'll take it. ;)

Bullaholic
10-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Uhm, okay! But just remember you asked for it. :devil: :devil: :devil:

The Panthers are a relatively young team with 5 (I think) sophomores that start. I don't know that we should be considered a darkhorse, but we'll take it. ;)

Whistle! 15 yards---unnecessary roughness for "dogpiling". :D