PDA

View Full Version : OU Fans: "We want out of the Big 12"

KTJ
10-11-2006, 09:37 AM
http://mb22.scout.com/fouinsiderfrm1.showMessageRange?topicID=142510.top ic&start=1&stop=20

I thought this was some sort of joke. But the more I kept reading, the more I realized they were all serious.

Torbush.

Old Tiger
10-11-2006, 09:37 AM
Pansies!

Adidas410s
10-11-2006, 09:48 AM
that's just crazy talk right there...

Phil C
10-11-2006, 09:48 AM
If they want to go then goodbye! As for Arkansas coming to our conference - I say no way. They left us when they were in the SWC so let them stay away. Whhhhooooowwww Piiiiiggggggggg Fhhhhhoooeeyyyy!

JasperDog94
10-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Nice Phil.;)

injuredinmelee
10-11-2006, 09:51 AM
Let me go but who do we replace them with that keeps the South respectable? you cant add TCU. They are behind the eight ball as a private school. None of the New Mexcio Schools are worthy. Utep? Nope! I say we boot OU, move Missouri to the south and add Iowa but they will never leave the Big Ten (11). I wihs the NCAA would force Notre Dame to join the Big Ten and make it 12 schools but the NCAA is sucking at the Notre Dame teat also. Where does Ou go if they want out of the Big XII? I guess I could read the link but why.... lol

KTJ
10-11-2006, 09:52 AM
I've heard Arkie wants to come back--so they can revive the instant rivalry with UT and to recruit the state of Texas--but the Big 12 has said "uh, no."

Arkie should be having fun getting beat up in the SEC. Granted, they do have one great year every once in a while. I guess this is one of those "once in a while" years.

injuredinmelee
10-11-2006, 09:52 AM
I bet the hogs do want out of the SEC. I can not beieve the pulled the upset over Auburn. It was a total butt kicking.

Hopefully for us Horns fans Auburn will have a chip on their shoulder this week and take it out on FLA.

Phil C
10-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
I've heard Arkie wants to come back--so they can revive the instant rivalry with UT and to recruit the state of Texas--but the Big 12 has said "uh, no."

Arkie should be having fun getting beat up in the SEC. Granted, they do have one great year every once in a while. I guess this is one of those "once in a while" years.

Good for the Big 12.

WHOOOOOOOOOAAAAA PIG FHOEY!!!

Adidas410s
10-11-2006, 09:57 AM
some were suggesting the Big East as that is the only conference that would take them on. They were then saying "well if we went we would have to have Nebraska go as well and then ND would want to join too." That is possibly the dumbest idea I've heard as it would be a travelling nightmare for all of the schools.

Maybe we could see this:

The "new" Big 8
Colorado
Colorado St
Nebraska
Kansas
Kansas St
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St
Missouri

The "new" SWC
Texas
Texas Tech
Texas A&M
Baylor
TCU
SMU
Houston
Arkansas

definitely weaker conferences for both parties...but especially for the Texas schools.

Adidas410s
10-11-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

I doubt this is just a "once in a while" year for them. With Mustain and his entourage of players/coaches all in their 1st year...the Hogs ought to be pretty tough for the next few years.

KTJ
10-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I doubt this is just a "once in a while" year for them. With Mustain and his entourage of players/coaches all in their 1st year...the Hogs ought to be pretty tough for the next few years.

I'm still not buying that. Houston Nutt has no clue what's going on and isn't a very good coach. I'll approach Arkie with the "wait and see" method. When they can compete year in and year out with LSU, Tennessee, and Auburn, then I'll maybe give them props.

Phil C
10-11-2006, 10:08 AM
I don't like Arkansas now because they had a defensive linemen a few years ago who tried to twist Vince Young's ankle and no one did anything about it. Not even a suspenstion. And this was on national television and was so obvious. I don't want to do anything to help Arkansas so keep them in the SEC. I hope we stop this series as soon as possible.

Whoooooooooaaaaaa Pig Phoey!!

coach
10-11-2006, 10:18 AM
i wish ou would quit complainin about that dang oregon game they think if they keep cryin about it the ncaa will feel sorry for them and say ok yall win its over yall should have made the field goal...and do u think they would still be wanting out of the big 12 if they havent choked the past 5 years...i dont think so..i used to have no problem with ou but im starting to hate them more and more everyday btw its 10:16 and ou still sucks..i thought i say that bc i wanted to see how cool it was but i was wrong its still just as annoying and stupid

Adidas410s
10-11-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I don't like Arkansas now because they had a defensive linemen a few years ago who tried to twist Vince Young's ankle and no one did anything about it. Not even a suspenstion. And this was on national television and was so obvious. I don't want to do anything to help Arkansas so keep them in the SEC. I hope we stop this series as soon as possible.

Whoooooooooaaaaaa Pig Phoey!!

Phil...have you ever been to Arkansas?

WestTXLonghorn
10-11-2006, 10:30 AM
Oklahoma fans have officially lost it. I wonder if their halfway sane/intelligent fans and boosters will start considering these ridiculous ideas when they've lost their 5th in a row in a few years. Oklahoma is going down, not up. . .for awhile.

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-11-2006, 10:41 AM
you must be talking about somewhere else. blow-u doesnt have any halfway sane supporters. any supporter of choklahoma has lost their mind.

Just Watching
10-11-2006, 11:06 AM
OU isn't going anywhere. We've got our share of idiots just like everyone else. The Big 12 South is a good fit for OU because the Sooners get more exposure in Texas. Even back in the 1970s there was talk by some in Norman that OU would fit in better with the Texas schools instead of Missouri, Iowa State, etc. I would expect, if there are any changes to the Big 12, you would see Missouri perhaps bolt to the Big 10 (11) and maybe Colorado head to the Pac 10. There has been speculation on both of those off and on for several years.

KTJ
10-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Just Watching
OU isn't going anywhere. We've got our share of idiots just like everyone else. The Big 12 South is a good fit for OU because the Sooners get more exposure in Texas. Even back in the 1970s there was talk by some in Norman that OU would fit in better with the Texas schools instead of Missouri, Iowa State, etc. I would expect, if there are any changes to the Big 12, you would see Missouri perhaps bolt to the Big 10 (11) and maybe Colorado head to the Pac 10. There has been speculation on both of those off and on for several years.

Mizzou wants the Big 10. The Big 10 doesn't want Mizzou. They want, and have wanted all along, UT.

Aesculus gilmus
10-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
you cant add TCU. They are behind the eight ball as a private school.

Ahem ... So is Baylor.

big daddy russ
10-11-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
I'm still not buying that. Houston Nutt has no clue what's going on and isn't a very good coach. I'll approach Arkie with the "wait and see" method. When they can compete year in and year out with LSU, Tennessee, and Auburn, then I'll maybe give them props.
As an Auburn fan, they scare the hell out me. They've quietly put together one of the best two-year recruiting stretches in the nation. Darren McFadden's young and a complete hoss, that defensive line is every bit as athletic as Auburn's, and Mitch Mustain may turn out to be the best QB to come out of HS the past three years. Wait and see is fine, but these KIDS are doing it right now.

injuredinmelee
10-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Ahem ... So is Baylor.

they are and they have shown thay cannot compete in most sports. There are a few exceptions but we know that Football pays the bills for all the other sports.

JR2004
10-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Pretty entertaining and insane thread. I thought this OU fan who was making fun of all the idiots who want to leave to be pretty funny.

Posted by JurisSooner

Again, I call for us to drop out of the Big XII and form the OU Conference.

As sole member of the OU Conference, we can have our own t.v. contract and keep all the revenues.

Even better, we can form our own T.V. Network.

All OU, All The Time.

We can fill it with such programming as:

1. "CSI-Oklahoma" - in this riveting drama, a special division of the Oklahoma athletic department investigates payoffs to crooked officials and conspiracies to deprive the Oklahoma football team of a level playing field.

2. "The Sports Reporters" - in this weekly talk show, Kansasooner is joined by LMT47 and others to discuss hot topics such as - "why Oklahoma has never been beaten by a better team" and "the correlation between skin tone and performance".

3. "Lost" - in this drama, Bob Stoops and staff try to figure out where they misplaced the secret formula that enbabled them to accumulate a riduclous record against Top 10 teams from September 2000-December 2003.

4. "Oklahoma City 73130" - in this drama, we follow the life of 5 high school students in Oklahoma City as they deal with relationships and the pain caused by crooked officials and conference conspiracies that cost their favorite football team victories.

And much, much more.

WestTXLonghorn
10-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Yeah. . .the "Big 10" can't take anymore schools in or they'd have to try and get the Big 12 to change their name so they could become the "Big 12".

*In case any of you don't get my reference. . .there are currently 11 teams in the "Big 10" conference.

Phil C
10-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn

*In case any of you don't get my reference. . .there are currently 11 teams in the "Big 10" conference.

:confused: :eek:

WestTXLonghorn
10-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Big Ten >> Stats | Schedule | Standings
Illinois >> Stats | Schedule | Roster
Indiana >> Stats | Schedule | Roster
Iowa >> Stats | Schedule | Roster
Michigan >> Stats | Schedule | Roster
Michigan State >> Stats | Schedule | Roster
Minnesota >> Stats | Schedule | Roster
Northwestern >> Stats | Schedule | Roster
Ohio State >> Stats | Schedule | Roster
Penn State >> Stats | Schedule | Roster
Purdue >> Stats | Schedule | Roster
Wisconsin >> Stats | Schedule | Roster

Old Tiger
10-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Interesting...

Maroon87
10-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Pretty entertaining and insane thread. I thought this OU fan who was making fun of all the idiots who want to leave to be pretty funny.

Posted by JurisSooner

Again, I call for us to drop out of the Big XII and form the OU Conference.

As sole member of the OU Conference, we can have our own t.v. contract and keep all the revenues.

Even better, we can form our own T.V. Network.

All OU, All The Time.

We can fill it with such programming as:

1. "CSI-Oklahoma" - in this riveting drama, a special division of the Oklahoma athletic department investigates payoffs to crooked officials and conspiracies to deprive the Oklahoma football team of a level playing field.

2. "The Sports Reporters" - in this weekly talk show, Kansasooner is joined by LMT47 and others to discuss hot topics such as - "why Oklahoma has never been beaten by a better team" and "the correlation between skin tone and performance".

3. "Lost" - in this drama, Bob Stoops and staff try to figure out where they misplaced the secret formula that enbabled them to accumulate a riduclous record against Top 10 teams from September 2000-December 2003.

4. "Oklahoma City 73130" - in this drama, we follow the life of 5 high school students in Oklahoma City as they deal with relationships and the pain caused by crooked officials and conference conspiracies that cost their favorite football team victories.

And much, much more.

God, that's funny...:clap:

AggieJohn
10-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Dear OU,

You've been to multiple MNC's. We are still searching. You have a great coach, ours SUCKS. You might be the laughing joke of every longhorn right now, but you didn't lose to Baylor two years ago. When you have this much on your plate, you can complain, until then suck it up and act like a man you Nancies!!

Regards,
A&M

g$$
10-11-2006, 04:33 PM
AJ - would that be the same coach YOU want to keep if he wins against Texas? Body of work man - I'm still disappointed in your remark. Big picture is we are not good & don't matter nationally right now. 1 game does not change that fact.