PDA

View Full Version : Official 3A Downlow Player of the Week 10/11/06

injuredinmelee
10-11-2006, 09:26 AM
These were some STUDLY numbers for this kid!
Congratulations
Jareth "Boo" Edwards Columbia High School

2 int's, 1 was returned 96 yards for a touchdown.
1 recovery for a touchdown on a blocked punt.
8 tackles on defense.
4 carries for 58 yards.
3 pass receptions for 57 yards.
1 kick return for 40 yards.

Ranger Mom
10-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
These were some STUDLY numbers for this kid!
Congratulations
Jareth "Boo" Edwards Columbia High School

2 int's, 1 was returned 96 yards for a touchdown.
1 recovery for a touchdown on a blocked punt.
8 tackles on defense.
4 carries for 58 yards.
3 pass receptions for 57 yards.
1 kick return for 40 yards.

Congrats Boo!!

What did you ever decide about a "certificate"??

Adidas410s
10-11-2006, 09:28 AM
is Columbia the same as West Columbia? I always get confused on this...

Old Tiger
10-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Congrats:clap:

awizzy
10-11-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

yes the school name is columbia but its in the city west columiba so its acually west columbia columbia..but they are the same school

Adidas410s
10-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by awizzy
yes the school name is columbia but its in the city west columiba so its acually west columbia columbia..but they are the same school
Thanks. I've seen them listed as both and could never figure out if there were two schools or not.

injuredinmelee
10-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Congrats Boo!!

What did you ever decide about a "certificate"??

I am still trying to design one that looks good and says the right things. I do however already have the mailing addresses of the two winners high schools.

GWOOD
10-11-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

It is very confusing. It is actually Columbia High School in the town of West Columbia. Like Midland Greenwood and Abilene Wylie it is actually West Columbia Columbia--very confusing. It took me half of the baseball season last year to figure it out. But people often use Columbia and West Columbia interchangeably. To add to the confusion, this year they are in the same district as Columbus. Good luck!

--Sorry for the duplicate post. I need a speed typing course.

injuredinmelee
10-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I am still trying to design one that looks good and says the right things. I do however already have the mailing addresses of the two winners high schools.

If anyone wants to come up with a good looking certificate feel free to email it to me. Im not that creative of a person and it will probably look much better than mine.

raider red 2000
10-11-2006, 09:35 AM
in the district there is columbia and columbus.

some times the JH kids get confused and ask....where are we playing...Columbus or West Columbus.

BTW- good job BOO.

LHPfactory
10-11-2006, 09:38 AM
I played at Brazosport in the 80's and we always called em WC. Roustabouts and Roughnecks

44INAROW
10-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Congrats Boo!

pancho villa
10-11-2006, 10:24 AM
My boy Boo great job. Now we that aginst the Tigers this week.

GWOOD
10-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Those were some pretty impressive stats but I have to think that "Boo" ran away with this race because of his cool nickname.

If I would have thought to share with everyone that the kid from Greenwood is actually known as Logan "Love me or leave me...Hey where's everybody goin'?" Bawcom, I think it would have been a tighter race for 3A Downlow Player of the Week.

injuredinmelee
10-11-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Those were some pretty impressive stats but I have to think that "Boo" ran away with this race because of his cool nickname.

If I would have thought to share with everyone that the kid from Greenwood is actually known as Logan "Love me or leave me...Hey where's everybody goin'?" Bawcom, I think it would have been a tighter race for 3A Downlow Player of the Week.

Doenst have quite the same ring as Boo but its effective.

Ranger Mom
10-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD

LOL!!:clap: :clap:

Well I was a homer...he had my vote both times!!

carter08
10-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Congratulations Boo

awizzy
10-11-2006, 03:40 PM
if only he could make a lay up--jk good job boo