PDA

View Full Version : Mess with the 12th man, and your messing with the wrong crowd

AggieJohn
10-11-2006, 08:40 AM
Student threatened after event conflict

After losing state senate sponsorship Monday for his reservation request of the Capitol's southern steps during the same time as a traditional Aggie pep rally, death threats and insults have flooded the e-mail inbox of Christian Deitering.

Deitering, president of the Longhorn Hellraisers and a management and radio-television-film senior, said he's received e-mails telling him if he was seen at the Capitol, he would be killed.

The reservation request stirred controversy because its date, time and location interfere with an Aggie tradition called the Midnight Yell. The pep rally is usually held the morning before the biennial rivalry football game between the Texas and Texas A&M University, and will fall on Nov. 24 this year.

"'If I ever see you in Austin, I'm going to beat the sh** out of you. You better hope I don't ever see you on the street,'" was another message Deitering said he received.

After Sen. Judith Zaffirini, D-Laredo, withdrew her sponsorship Monday, Deitering's said the reservation fell out of his hands and into those of Texas A&M.

"I had those steps reserved all the way since May," Deitering said. "I had it all the way from then up until Monday, so for five or six months, and it took one weekend, and all of a sudden they're gone."

Deitering said he thought everything had been resolved with Texas A&M regarding who would use the south steps.

"They were going to do their rally on the north side, they said they didn't care what I was doing, but then a day later, my sponsorship's gone," he said.

Deitering called the State Preservation Board to find out if he had time to find a new sponsor, but didn't receive a call back, he said.

With the lack of support from Zaffirini and other UT organizations, Deitering said he thought he did the right thing by trying to negotiate a cooperative rally with A&M over the past month.

"Now everybody's dropping me, and now I look like the bad guy, and I'm the one by myself now," he said. "What more could I have done?"

injuredinmelee
10-11-2006, 08:45 AM
I am sure the Preservation peopel just didnt want to hear everyone cry and the Senator dropped her sponsorship because it affected her votes.

Adidas410s
10-11-2006, 08:49 AM
glad to see the 12th man making threats. You stay classy A&M! :thumbsup:...morons...:rolleyes:

CHS_CG
10-11-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
glad to see the 12th man making threats. You stay classy A&M! :thumbsup:...morons...:rolleyes:

yes bc Aggies make threats all the time!:rolleyes:

greenpride
10-11-2006, 08:54 AM
:rolleyes: As Ozzie Guillen says........Pfffffftttttttttt........please!

A few dumb people don't umbrella the whole university, but it still shows the stupidity of the idiots.

AggieJohn
10-11-2006, 09:04 AM
glad to see the 12th man making threats. You stay classy A&M! :thumbsup:...morons...:rolleyes: i threatened him, i facebook poked him until I could give him a superwedgie

Adidas410s
10-11-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
yes bc Aggies make threats all the time!:rolleyes:

well when Homer AJ is going to be dumb enough to title the thread "Mess with the 12 man..." and then post something about Ags giving a guy death threats then it deserves the response that I gave.

AggieJohn
10-11-2006, 09:14 AM
well when Homer AJ is going to be dumb enough to title the thread "Mess with the 12 man..." and then post something about Ags giving a guy death threats then it deserves the response that I gave. quit throwing litter

KTJ
Death Threats.....niiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Showing the rest of the state the dear pride of being a fighting Texas A&M Aggie.

Adidas410s
Originally posted by AggieJohn
quit throwing litter

quit subjecting us to it...;)

Old Tiger
10-11-2006, 09:15 AM
I would bet I get jumped this weekend

eagles_victory
10-11-2006, 09:17 AM
glad to see the 12th man making threats. You stay classy A&M! :thumbsup:...morons...:rolleyes: strangely enough i agree with adidas on this one. Aj comes on here posting it like look what us aggies did we sent death threats like there cool and its something to be proud of.

injuredinmelee
10-11-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I would bet I get jumped this weekend

you wear that ATM Sucks shirt and you will get all kinds of things. you will get booed, food and drinks tossed at and on you. It happens at 99.9% of the stadiums esp if your sitting near students.

Old Tiger
10-11-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
you wear that ATM Sucks shirt and you will get all kinds of things. you will get booed, food and drinks tossed at and on you. It happens at 99.9% of the stadiums esp if your sitting near students. I'm gonna admit something I'm a mouthy person and don't care who ya are.

Adidas410s
10-11-2006, 09:25 AM
I'm gonna admit something I'm a mouthy person and don't care who ya are.

go yell at a principal again...moron! :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
10-11-2006, 09:26 AM
go yell at a principal again...moron! :rolleyes: Well she was being stupid! It was worth the two swats!

Rabbit'93
10-11-2006, 09:26 AM
Wasn't it UT that ran a campaign during OSU weekend practically begging the student body not to act a fool. Yeah UT has their share of morons to KTJ. :nerd:

Old Tiger
10-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Wasn't it UT that ran a campaign during OSU weekend practically begging the student body not to act a fool. Yeah UT has their share of morons to KTJ. :nerd: Is this directed at me?

injuredinmelee
10-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Wasn't it UT that ran a campaign during OSU weekend practically begging the student body not to act a fool. Yeah UT has their share of morons to KTJ. :nerd:

Oh you are absolutely right there are plenty of them in Austin also!!!

Phil C
10-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Now now! Let's have a compromise. Let UT have a midnight yeall at the courthouse in Bryan.

injuredinmelee
10-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Ut has been running a campaign this year. I know on the cups you buy at the stadium say something about fan behavior and being considerate etc...

Adidas410s
10-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Now now! Let's have a compromise. Let UT have a midnight yeall at the courthouse in Bryan.

What are they going to yell about??? How boring it is to consistently beat A&M? ;)

Old Tiger
10-11-2006, 09:31 AM
:nerd: :clap: :D

injuredinmelee
10-11-2006, 09:31 AM
wow if it is like this now what is it going to be like thanksgiving week around here?

Old Tiger
10-11-2006, 09:32 AM
ROMing's, Closed Threads, and toilet paper.

SintonFan
10-11-2006, 09:45 AM
ROMing's, Closed Threads, and toilet paper.
Romming threads, closed toilets and paper training Aggies.

Phil C
10-11-2006, 09:46 AM
What are they going to yell about??? How boring it is to consistently beat A&M? ;)

:D Good one Ad! That's the best one today!

Adidas410s
10-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
:D Good one Ad! That's the best one today!

thanks Phi :)

KTJ
10-11-2006, 09:56 AM

Bashing of UT yet again, Mr. Aggie.

And actually, that ad was ran to PREVENT people from acting like what Ohio State fans acting like when we were in Columbus.

Rabbit'93
10-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Bashing of UT yet again, Mr. Aggie.

And actually, that ad was ran to PREVENT people from acting like what Ohio State fans acting like when we were in Columbus. I didn't think I was bashing more like pointing out.

I do come to the defense of A&M because the UT people here feel the need to bash A&M more than any Aggie has ever bashed UT. You(UT fans on the board) have an unbelievable double standard on this board. It's very frustrating dealing with the "Holier than thow" attitude some of you display.

Bandera YaYa
10-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Oh lordy, aj.......open mouth.....insert foot........ :rolleyes: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

greenpride
10-11-2006, 10:56 AM
I didn't think I was bashing more like pointing out.

I do come to the defense of A&M because the UT people here feel the need to bash A&M more than any Aggie has ever bashed UT. You(UT fans on the board) have an unbelievable double standard on this board. It's very frustrating dealing with the "Holier than thow" attitude some of you display.

I work here at A&M and cheer for A&M and Texas. Both great schools. A&M is just as bad as Texas, except they make buttheads out of themselves. Come on now, they (A&M) do stupid things on television for everyone to see, then they say it is tradition. No wonder you get made fun of day in and out. Texas does not constantly measure their program with A&M's. It is the other way around. :eek:

Rabbit'93
10-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by greenpride
I work here at A&M and cheer for A&M and Texas. Both great schools. A&M is just as bad as Texas, except they make buttheads out of themselves. Come on now, they (A&M) do stupid things on television for everyone to see, then they say it is tradition. No wonder you get made fun of day in and out. Texas does not constantly measure their program with A&M's. It is the other way around. :eek: I'll agree with that. But I'm talking about the way folks act on this board.

Bulldog_12
10-11-2006, 11:03 AM
all I can say is, How embarassing. I hate it when people do stupid things that allow people to confirm the rumors that we are morons. I can only hope that there is a tad exaggeration on the amount of threats, and that hopefully none were of the death variety. Always a few bad apples.

HipposGitErDun
10-11-2006, 11:11 AM
What does this have to do with the Seattle Seahawk fans? Arent they the 12th man?;)

jason
10-11-2006, 12:41 PM
add the people throwing around threats to the already stellar list of the fine representatives of texas a&m university

1. List Eater (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24239&highlight=list+eater)

2. Corps Poop Throwers (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38393&highlight=corps+poop)

3. Death Threats (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52386&perpage=20&pagenumber=1)

Gobbla2001
10-11-2006, 12:48 PM
I think the only reason people bash on A&M here is because AJ and posts like "mess with the 12th man, and your messing with the wrong crowd"... and then the content is about death threats? A&M isn't the only university out there that has people like this, sure UT has some as well, but we also don't have a UT poster on here that makes statements about not messing with UT fans and then brags about death threats...

that was complete bragging, and past posts like this are the only reason A&M gets bashed as much as it does...

wedo
10-11-2006, 01:22 PM
The 12th man is GAY!!!

MagicMan
10-11-2006, 01:32 PM
i agree with wedo......the way i see it is they could have a 13th and 14th man and they would still suck...lol

wedo
10-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
i agree with wedo......the way i see it is they could have a 13th and 14th man and they would still suck...lol

hahahahahahah:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

wedo
10-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan

And Army would still take them to the wire!!!!!!!

Bandera YaYa
10-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I think the only reason people bash on A&M here is because AJ and posts like "mess with the 12th man, and your messing with the wrong crowd"... and then the content is about death threats? A&M isn't the only university out there that has people like this, sure UT has some as well, but we also don't have a UT poster on here that makes statements about not messing with UT fans and then brags about death threats...

that was complete bragging, and past posts like this are the only reason A&M gets bashed as much as it does... EXACTLY !! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Maroon87
10-11-2006, 01:45 PM
"'If I ever see you in Austin, I'm going to beat the sh** out of you. You better hope I don't ever see you on the street,'" was another message Deitering said he received.

Hmmmm....never saw that coming.:rolleyes:

raider red 2000
10-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
EXACTLY !! :clap: :clap: :clap:

YaYa- you arnt a fan of AJ are you ????? ;)

Gobbla2001
10-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Hmmmm....never saw that coming.:rolleyes:

I saw it coming... what else do you expect? all talk and no walk...

Ranger Mom
10-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
YaYa- you arnt a fan of AJ are you ????? ;)

LOL!! I've always said you were smart!!

Personally, I don't think there is any love lost on either side!:p

Bandera YaYa
10-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
YaYa- you arnt a fan of AJ are you ????? ;) Oh heck, I'm sure he's a nice enough person.....but his constant aggie banter, just does me in!!!! Isn't there an aggie site he can do this on????? He'd be way more appreciated on there!! :D :D :p

Bulldog_12
10-11-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Oh heck, I'm sure he's a nice enough person.....but his constant aggie banter, just does me in!!!! Isn't there an aggie site he can do this on????? He'd be way more appreciated on there!! :D :D :p

He already goes there, and I am pretty sure I have figured out who he is..........

vet93
10-11-2006, 01:58 PM
I agree with this statement...I cringe every time AJ makes a statement about the aggies because nine times out of ten he either says something or quotes something that he thinks is supporting A&M when in reality he is making himself look silly and allows fans from other schools to use their best anti-aggie material. Actually he is probably the best friend of some of the UT fans that Rabbit was talking about because they get to try out all of their good material on AJ.

Originally posted by Gobbla2001

that was complete bragging, and past posts like this are the only reason A&M gets bashed as much as it does...

Old Tiger
10-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Also win Texas beats mediocre teams we do not go bragging and caliming to be NC bound. We carry about our business because we know we were better than that team.

When A&M ges to the wire and barely beats a mediocre team hail the QB he is the next Heisman winner. That puts him on high horse and adds pressure to him to keep winning and when he doesn't he was the worst QB ever. Example Reggie McNeal, he recieved the same treatment as McGee has and when he didn't win he was the worst QB ever and so on.

All in all Aggie's make it harder on themselves with all the bragging and what not.

vet93
10-11-2006, 02:06 PM
The same thing could have been said for UT fans circa 1985-95. The only thing that kept the UT faithful from committing suicide was that they still usually beat a pitiful OU team. Every year they would look good against North Texas and Baylor and every year the Aggies would pound them. The Aggies will eventually figure things out...hopefully it won't take 10 years. In my opinion...the best thing that could happen for Texas football would be for A&M and UT to be vying for a NC every year.

Also win Texas beats mediocre teams we do not go bragging and caliming to be NC bound. We carry about our business because we know we were better than that team.

When A&M ges to the wire and barely beats a mediocre team hail the QB he is the next Heisman winner. That puts him on high horse and adds pressure to him to keep winning and when he doesn't he was the worst QB ever. Example Reggie McNeal, he recieved the same treatment as McGee has and when he didn't win he was the worst QB ever and so on.

All in all Aggie's make it harder on themselves with all the bragging and what not.

Old Tiger
10-11-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by vet93
The same thing could have been said for UT fans circa 1985-95. The only thing that kept the UT faithful from committing suicide was that they still usually beat a pitiful OU team. Every year they would look good against North Texas and Baylor and every year the Aggies would pound them. The Aggies will eventually figure things out...hopefully it won't take 10 years. In my opinion...the best thing that could happen for Texas football would be for A&M and UT to be vying for a NC every year. It will be a long time for that to happen because Texas/Oklahoma grab all the top prospects from Texas. It's hard for A&M to recruit when UT/OU are getting all the top athletes. That's not what I think it is what damn near every recruiting analyst thinks also.

KTJ
10-11-2006, 02:28 PM

Oh, the flaw in that argumentation. If that's not a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black, then I don't know what is.

I have never bashed A&M, I don't call the school precious little demeaning names like "t.u. or sips", nor do I condone poo slinging on another teams band. Seems like all of that is okay in your eyes because you've never had a problem with those items.

Old Tiger
10-11-2006, 02:58 PM
Monkey's fling poo...oh the irony...

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2006, 03:08 PM
Closed Threads
We're already there. :p