PDA

View Full Version : Palacios Beacon Article

Gobbler Fan
10-11-2006, 07:18 AM
The Sharks face another unbeaten team this Friday when they travel to Cuero to open district play against the No. 1 ranked Gobblers.
It’s not Halloween yet, but it will be a Friday the 13th journey through the woods to Cuero to play the mean and spooky Gobblers — currently tagged by some so-called experts as the No. 1 Class 3A football team in Texas.

That’s a part of the advance script for the Palacios Sharks as they open their four-game District 29-3A season in Cuero.

Another part of the script shows that Cuero wrapped up its perfect 6-0 pre-district campaign by taking down winless Class 4A Bay City, 43-21, for its 34th straight regular season win, while the 2-4 Sharks lost their third straight, to undefeated Class 2A Boling, 41-13.

A side note has Cuero with a 16-game winning streak against district opponents since losing to Yoakum in 2002. The Sharks have lost 26 straight in district, since defeating Industrial in the 2001 district opener.

Finally, the Sharks are 0-4 against the Gobblers in their encounters over the last eight years with 30 points the closest the Sharks could get to plucking some Gobbler feathers. Cuero outpointed Palacios in those four games, 165-20.

Sounds like an awesome task for the Big Red? It is. But despite the huge array of white and green uniformed-players on the Cuero sidelines, only 11 will be on the field at one time, the same number as the Sharks. Action on the field will decide the outcome, not past performances and press clippings.

whtfbplaya
10-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
The Sharks face another unbeaten team this Friday when they travel to Cuero to open district play against the No. 1 ranked Gobblers.
It’s not Halloween yet, but it will be a Friday the 13th journey through the woods to Cuero to play the mean and spooky Gobblers — currently tagged by some so-called experts as the No. 1 Class 3A football team in Texas.

That’s a part of the advance script for the Palacios Sharks as they open their four-game District 29-3A season in Cuero.

Another part of the script shows that Cuero wrapped up its perfect 6-0 pre-district campaign by taking down winless Class 4A Bay City, 43-21, for its 34th straight regular season win, while the 2-4 Sharks lost their third straight, to undefeated Class 2A Boling, 41-13.

A side note has Cuero with a 16-game winning streak against district opponents since losing to Yoakum in 2002. The Sharks have lost 26 straight in district, since defeating Industrial in the 2001 district opener.

Finally, the Sharks are 0-4 against the Gobblers in their encounters over the last eight years with 30 points the closest the Sharks could get to plucking some Gobbler feathers. Cuero outpointed Palacios in those four games, 165-20.

Sounds like an awesome task for the Big Red? It is. But despite the huge array of white and green uniformed-players on the Cuero sidelines, only 11 will be on the field at one time, the same number as the Sharks. Action on the field will decide the outcome, not past performances and press clippings.

Is this a joke?

Gobbler Fan
10-11-2006, 01:04 PM
What makes it seem like a joke ?:D

pirate4state
10-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Gotta give the folks some hope. ;)

raider red 2000
10-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Fightin Chickens by 10.

TD's that is. 70 -0

44INAROW
10-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
Is this a joke?

here's the link to the newspaper site - about 1/4 way down is the article
Palacios Beacon (http://www.palaciosbeacon.com/home/sports.shtml)

whtfbplaya
10-11-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
Fightin Chickens by 10.

TD's that is. 70 -0

The chickens have more class than that, starters stay in for one two min. drill.

Were you around when Washington rushed for 301 on 10 touches, the only thing stoping him was the endzone. He could have easily broke the 600 yard mark and maybe the 1000 mark in the game.

g$$
10-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Cuero by as many as they want. Palacios is just plain awful.

raider red 2000
10-12-2006, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
The chickens have more class than that, starters stay in for one two min. drill.

Were you around when Washington rushed for 301 on 10 touches, the only thing stoping him was the endzone. He could have easily broke the 600 yard mark and maybe the 1000 mark in the game.

that was before my time.

i think that the JV from the land of the green might put up 35 of those points.

heck did you see what happend to the charks at the hands of the Boling Balls???
42-0

Gobbla2001
10-12-2006, 09:21 AM
The last time Cuero and Palacios hooked up was in the '01 season, the last year they were in our district... that was also the only season in the last 14 that Cuero has missed the playoffs... it was also the last game of the season, and Cuero knew they didn't make the playoffs, but the boys decided to give it one last hurrah and won 56-0 in Palacios...

I remember my senior season ('00) talking crap with a guy from Palacios whose father ran this newspaper I believe... he was a high school student but took pictures for his father (from what we knew).... a fellow-player and I would get online the library during sixth period (remember this, maroogreen?) and talk crap to him on the allsports.com Pig... he talked a buncha crap, said we'd lose etc... he told us he'd be wearin' a white Astros hat... when my friend scored a touch down he looked for him on the sideline and did a motion toword him as if he were taking a picture, it was halarious...

After the game I was heading out to my car and as I made my way around the corner of the field-house I saw him talking to some people, so I went back and grabbed my friend and we really just wanted to meet him and say hi, kinda bury the chainsaw or whatever it is, but he was real uptight and kinda worried we were there so we just said screw it and left...

fireman1
10-12-2006, 01:00 PM
this should be a good game for the 3rd sting Gobblers