PDA

View Full Version : Austin County Fair

Bull19
10-10-2006, 08:52 PM
I RECENTLY HEARD THAT THE FAIR WILL BE EXPECTING RECORD CROWDS THIS SATURDAY NIGHT FOR CHARLIE PRIDE AND THE REST OF THE ENTERTAINMENT THAT NIGHT,,,,,,BETTER GET THERE EARLY TO GET SOME GOOD SEATS!!!!!!!

Bull's-eye
10-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Local band "Night Shift" will open for Charlie! Save us some seats Bull19!

Bull19
10-10-2006, 09:01 PM
SEATING WILL BE LIMITED ALL I CAN SAY IS GET THEIR AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE

crabman
10-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Or you could come to the Turkeyfest this weekend in Cuero. Cory Morrow Saturday night.

Bull's-eye
10-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
SEATING WILL BE LIMITED ALL I CAN SAY IS GET THEIR AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE

I'm bringing my beautiful 21 year old daughter, save us some seats and I'll let you talk to her. :D

gobblerfan02
10-10-2006, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I'm bringing my beautiful 21 year old daughter, save us some seats and I'll let you talk to her. :D

OH, can I bring her to turkeyfest, no one would know, honest!:D

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Or you could come to the Turkeyfest this weekend in Cuero. Cory Morrow Saturday night. Will they have tukey legs and funnel cakes?

gobblerfan02
10-10-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Will they have tukey legs and funnel cakes? Yes, I go to the turkeyfest sometimes solely to grab one of those turkey legs....yum, oh , and the fact that corey morrow will be there just adds to it a little.

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Yes, I go to the turkeyfest sometimes solely to grab one of those turkey legs....yum, oh , and the fact that corey morrow will be there just adds to it a little. mmmm turkey legs and funnel cakes mmmm

gobblerfan02
10-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
mmmm turkey legs and funnel cakes mmmm

you can even watch a block long turkey race, cuero's own ruby begonia vs. minnesota's paycheck, ruby one the first leg of the race a month ago in minnesota!

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 10:54 PM
They should fight them and that would be really interesting.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-10-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Or you could come to the Turkeyfest this weekend in Cuero. Cory Morrow Saturday night.
I have seen Cory Morrow 2 times and both times the opening act was The Night Shift. I would like to see Cory, but im not going to miss Charlie Pride!

Bull's-eye
10-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
OH, can I bring her to turkeyfest, no one would know, honest!:D

I'll have to think about it, but you do have an impressive profile. :D

Bull's-eye
10-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I have seen Cory Morrow 2 times and both times the opening act was The Night Shift. I would like to see Cory, but im not going to miss Charlie Pride!

I have heard a lot about "The Night Shift" band, but have never seen them play. What do they play?

Bull19
10-11-2006, 05:50 PM
I have heard a lot about "The Night Shift" band, but have never seen them play. What do they play?

SINCE THEY WERE JUST SIGNED BY MOONDUDE RECORDS LOOK FOR THEM TO PLAY ALOT OF NEW STUFF OF THEIR UP-COMING CD.

shankbear
10-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Can you still get great fajitas at the turkeyfest? I was there in the early 80s and the street vendors sold the best fajitas. Is that beer hall still there where all the A&M kids go against the UT kids drinking beer and seeing who can stack the cups to the ceiling quickest?

gobblerfan02
10-11-2006, 11:31 PM
I'll have to think about it, but you do have an impressive profile. :D Do I need to send you any letters of reference....I'm sure I can get a few people to vouch for me....but as of now, I'm trying to get this other great girl to come with me, she's originally from cuero, I just haven't called her yet!

gobblerfan02
10-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
Can you still get great fajitas at the turkeyfest? I was there in the early 80s and the street vendors sold the best fajitas. Is that beer hall still there where all the A&M kids go against the UT kids drinking beer and seeing who can stack the cups to the ceiling quickest?

Last year they still had the fajitas, and is the beer hall you're talking about ruby begonia's roost??? That would be the only one I could think of with your description, don't know if we still hold drinking parties there, but I know for a fact there will be drinking parties this whole weekend, I'm even startin' on Thursday nite at two different locations....(I do have a DD of course, better safe than sorry!)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Went to the fair last night, the entertanment Toad Fritze was not very good, a very average singer, not a Nashville, star, a want a be!
Bellville had a very good fair parade this morning, 7 or 8 marching bands, and over 100 enteries.
Looking forward to sat. night.

Bull19
10-12-2006, 04:30 PM
WADE BOWEN ALSO PLAYED LAST NIGHT FBB AFTER TIDD FRIDGE. WADE PUT ON ALOT BETTER SHOW THEN FRIDGE DID

Adidas410s
10-12-2006, 04:33 PM
WADE BOWEN ALSO PLAYED LAST NIGHT FBB AFTER TIDD FRIDGE. WADE PUT ON ALOT BETTER SHOW THEN FRIDGE DID

Wade is in Dallas tonight at Firewater!!! It's a free show and I can't wait!!! Other than the fact that it's outdoors and there is a little lake with a fountain just north of the stage...so that north wind ought to blow a good mist on everybody! ;)

g$$
10-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Have fun at Bowen!

What happened to Zona Jones opening up for Charlie Pride Sat. night? Guess website is wrong.

halfnhalf
10-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Who's all playing this year?

Bull's-eye
10-15-2006, 09:58 AM
The band "Night Shift" opened for the legendary Charlie Pride. They were very good, playing a variety of today's country hits along with some of those great old classic songs. Great job on "Amarillo by Morning" and Charlie Rich's "Behind Closed Doors".
They even rocked the house with some KC & the Sunshine band and Wild Cherry.

Charlie played before a packed house and I do mean packed. He did all his great songs, including "Kiss an Angel Good Morning" and closed his show with "Kaw-liga".

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-16-2006, 01:59 PM
The band "Night Shift" opened for the legendary Charlie Pride. They were very good, playing a variety of today's country hits along with some of those great old classic songs. Great job on "Amarillo by Morning" and Charlie Rich's "Behind Closed Doors".
They even rocked the house with some KC & the Sunshine band and Wild Cherry.

Charlie played before a packed house and I do mean packed. He did all his great songs, including "Kiss an Angel Good Morning" and closed his show with "Kaw-liga".

I also thought this was a very good show, the place was packed. Charlie was great, and The Night Shift, was the best opening act I have seen!:cheerl:

Gobbla2001
10-16-2006, 02:34 PM
Wade Bowen is really good live, good solo acoustical as well...

How about the Fireman-fest thing in Buda this weekend?

Friday - Stoney Larue and Cross Canadian Ragweed
Saturday - Reckless Kelly and Jason Boland and the Stragglers

Bull19
10-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Wade Bowen is really good live, good solo acoustical as well...

How about the Fireman-fest thing in Buda this weekend?

Friday - Stoney Larue and Cross Canadian Ragweed
Saturday - Reckless Kelly and Jason Boland and the Stragglers

WHEN U SAY THIS WEEKEND WHICH DATE ARE U REFERRING TO?

g$$
10-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Ziegen Bock Fest in Houston at SHRP I believe. Free show too.

Bull19
10-16-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Ziegen Bock Fest in Houston at SHRP I believe. Free show too.

THAT UR CORRECT. ARE U GOIN? GUNNA BE BAD @SS. CCR, RECKLESS KELLY, ELI YOUNG BAND, ETC. NOT BAD FOR BEING FREE.

g$$
10-16-2006, 06:00 PM
Maybe on going. See how the week goes. Haven't seen Ragweed in a while either. Should be fun!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-16-2006, 09:12 PM

If you ever get the chance to hang out with Tidd Fridge, dont be to hard on him, and you might ask him how to spell his name.:D

Bull19
11-16-2006, 09:22 PM
WHEN I MOST RECENTLY TALKED TO HIM HE SAID YOU SPELL IT "URBAN COWBOY"

carter08
11-16-2006, 09:24 PM
YES. THAT IS RIGHT. YES YES YES. GO ROUGHNECKS. BLAH BLAH BLAH. I AM YELLING

Bull19
11-16-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by carter08
YES. THAT IS RIGHT. YES YES YES. GO ROUGHNECKS. BLAH BLAH BLAH. I AM YELLING

WHY DONT YOU GET A LIFE AND QUIT GOING TO ALL POSTS (MINE IN PARTICULAR) AND REPLYING WITH AN ADOLESCENT COMMENT. ITS GETTING OLD FOR EVERYONE

Bull19
11-16-2006, 10:00 PM