PDA

View Full Version : Sunny's Food Marts In Rockdale and Cameron, TX

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Sunny's Food Mart, a pair of convenience stores located in Cameron and Rockdael, owned by Iraqis, recently refused service to a 22 year old serviceman stationed out of Fort Hood. If they think they're too good to sell their products to the people who are protecting their rights to own a business, then they will get none of mine. If you are ever driving through, do not buy anything from these stores.

Highschoolfan78
10-10-2006, 07:27 PM
That's crap!! grr some people make me so mad.. no more stops there when goin up north

LH Panther Mom
10-10-2006, 07:42 PM
I'll be certain to avoid it this week. Thanks for the heads up. :mad: That's just WRONG!

JR2004
10-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Do you have anymore details about what happened and what exactly was said?

luvhoops34
10-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Sunny's Food Mart, a pair of convenience stores located in Cameron and Rockdael, owned by Iraqis, recently refused service to a 22 year old serviceman stationed out of Fort Hood. If they think they're too good to sell their products to the people who are protecting their rights to own a business, then they will get none of mine. If you are ever driving through, do not buy anything from these stores.

Was this on the news or in the paper? The city councils in Cameron and Rockdale need to be made aware of these morons discrimination. Maybe they can make things difficult for them business wise and they'll have to leave town.

In Poth we have two convenience stores that are owned by rag heads. But so far I haven't heard of them discriminating against anyone.
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/violent/sterb005.gif

shankbear
10-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Is there anybody in that area that just might want to kick the crap out of these thugs?

c-town_balla
10-10-2006, 08:09 PM
I dont stop at that place any way its just nasty and u got two really nice ones in Cameron and there are nice ones in rockdale to........I only go in there to buy fishing lures on Sundays and I always get wierd look

rockdale80
10-10-2006, 08:16 PM
I have never been in either of those places, and now I never will. Maybe a letter to the editor of the Rockdale Reporter is in order here.

mike@rockdalereporter.com

if anyone else would like to write a letter expressing your feelings on this BS:mad:

shankbear
10-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Disrespecting the very people who fight for the nation which allows these ratba$tards to have a business here.

What would the newspaper do??? What would any city council do? Are there any men left in Texas??

SWMustang
10-10-2006, 08:34 PM
I agree, no one should go there if that happened. I would like to see some kind of verification of the incident. How do I know it's not a rumor started by the owners of the store down the street?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-10-2006, 08:58 PM
For the record, the information I recieved was from a friend of mine. Though I'm not completely certain that it is factual, I am confident enough in it's validity to share it with you all and believe it as well.

carter08
10-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Yes, it is wrong they do this

but luvhoops, there is no need to use terms like rag head. Not all Islamic-Americans discriminate against people. And a lot of them don't even wear turbins.

SWMustang
10-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
For the record, the information I recieved was from a friend of mine. Though I'm not completely certain that it is factual, I am confident enough in it's validity to share it with you all and believe it as well.

That's cool and I'm sure everyone on here wants to do the right thing and not do business with people like that. You just want to be careful and not railroad somebody for something they really didn't do. Maybe the serviceman was intoxicated and they wouldn't sell him any more beer. I would really want to know the details before I boycotted.

Pudlugger
10-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Whooya folks, let's not go flying off the handle here. It sounds like this is an unconfirmed or second hand story. Maybe someone in authority in one of the communities should try to confirm what happened before someone does something stupid. Why did they refuse service? Was he trying to buy beer and under 21? Did he say something insulting first? We don't know the whole story. If it is what BBDE says it would be really stupid of these owners to do this. I mean why would they want to alienate the entire community that their business relies on? Sounds too fishy, I would like more information.

luvhoops34
10-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Yes, it is wrong they do this

but luvhoops, there is no need to use terms like rag head. Not all Islamic-Americans discriminate against people. And a lot of them don't even wear turbins.

Sorry if I offended you Carter, but I thought I WAS using a nice term. The other one that comes to mind is a lot more offensive. I don't have anything against them, it's just a term I use to describe them, so other know what I'm talking about. I don't have anything against them personally, except like in the case stated above. Have a nice day.

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 09:39 PM
That place sales beer to minors too! :mad: :rolleyes:

SWMustang
10-10-2006, 09:47 PM
oh yeah? well I heard they round up young boys in sooner gear and bull whip 'em until they cry. I saw a pic...

luvhoops34
10-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
That place sales beer to minors too! :mad: :rolleyes:

If you know that for a fact, then turn their a$$ in to the TABC!

SWMustang
10-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
If you know that for a fact, then turn their a$$ in to the TABC!

why would he want to incriminate himself? :D

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
why would he want to incriminate himself? :D Exactly:p

luvhoops34
10-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Exactly:p

LOL Sorry, I didn't know YOU were one of the minors in question!
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/drink/trink21.gif

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
LOL Sorry, I didn't know YOU were one of the minors in question!
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/drink/trink21.gif I'm not:rolleyes:

luvhoops34
10-10-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm not:rolleyes:

Do you work there? If not I don't understand....

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-10-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Whooya folks, let's not go flying off the handle here. It sounds like this is an unconfirmed or second hand story. Maybe someone in authority in one of the communities should try to confirm what happened before someone does something stupid. Why did they refuse service? Was he trying to buy beer and under 21? Did he say something insulting first? We don't know the whole story. If it is what BBDE says it would be really stupid of these owners to do this. I mean why would they want to alienate the entire community that their business relies on? Sounds too fishy, I would like more information.

From what I was told, he was trying to by a pack of cigarettes and they refused service to him simply because he was an American soldier and they did not want to sell to him just because of their prejudice and disdain towards our troops and the situation in Iraq.