PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Mom/ What is Seminole's future?

beefy
01-26-2004, 03:19 PM
What is the community like in Seminole?

Ranger Mom
01-26-2004, 03:35 PM
I haven't been there in a couple of years, since we moved out of that district.

We have some friends in Greenwood who moved from Seminole. The people seem to be friendly from what I can remember.

I really don't know exactly what you are wanting to know, I just DO know that I miss being in that district with them. I just DO NOT like 3-4A. (My cellphone is not in range at any of the schools we play!!) :confused:

VWG
01-26-2004, 10:15 PM
I do some business out there in Seminole. Good little town.. but not close to anything. Lubbock or Odessa is about 1.5hrs away.
I think the schools are decent, and never have heard anything bad about their school district.
Primarily oil/gas and farming seems to be the main economy.

vet93
01-27-2004, 09:41 AM
I think that they have some good athletes from time to time. Traditionally they have been considered a basketball school. I would say that they are probably much like Merkel in that regard. If the right coach could come along and motivate kids to get involved in the football program then they could be pretty good. Hear they may have some good athletes coming up through the program. The town is pretty typical for that part of the country. Lots of decent hardworking people who have pride in their community and school. For the right person, this could probably be an ideal situation.

beefy
01-27-2004, 03:16 PM
I have heard in the past that Seminole is a big basketball town. Are the basketball players participating in the football program? Is it possible to get them on the field?

<small>[ January 27, 2004, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: beefy ]</small>

oh well
01-28-2004, 10:38 AM
Great job for the right person. Good money great facilities and good athletes. Could be on eof the best jobs open in West Texas yes the B-Ball players will play football. Very tough District though sweetwater merkel Lamesa snyder denver city.