PDA

View Full Version : District 5-3A sweep of 6-3A?

whsfan
11-11-2001, 11:18 PM
Could it be possible for District 5-3A to repeat last years sweep of District 6-3A?

District 5-3A was extremely strong this year. For example, take a look at Merkel's year. They were 5-0 going into district play. The only games they lost all year were to 3 teams that were ranked in the top 10. Now they are 7-3 and heading into basketball. No doubt they would of made the playoffs in district 6-3A.

Now on to the playoffs:
Wylie & Vernon - Wylie just has too speed and too many weapons. Bulldogs win by 21
Ballinger & Bridgeport - Bearcats know what the playoffs are all about. Bearcats by 10
Sweetwater & Graham - This one could be close but Carillo has too much for the steers. Mustangs by 3

There you have it 6-3A is heading indoor for basketball.

VWG
11-11-2001, 11:54 PM
I can see your picks of Wylie over Vernon and Ballinger over B-port... but Sweetwater over Graham???
Sweetwater barely beat Clyde this past week!

Gunn08
11-12-2001, 12:41 AM
I think Sweetwater will have a better performance than in weeks past. They've been struggling, but they'll pull it together this week and come out with a win. They're a very talented team, and i pick them over grahm in round 1.

deliriousmaniac
11-12-2001, 02:29 PM
Sweetwater might be a good team, but Graham will win. Steers by 14.

mark838
11-12-2001, 05:23 PM
5-3A will sweep 6-3A. The only reason theat Wylie, Ballinger, and Sweetwater aren't all in the top five in the state is because they had to play each other and someone had to lose. Merkel, 5-3A's fourth place team, could probably beat any 6-3A team. We may beat each other up during district but when the playoffs start we support each other. Look for a 5-3A sweep!