PDA

View Full Version : Decatur @ Bridgeport

Bullaholic
10-09-2006, 10:05 AM
This year's "Battle of Big Sandy" may not look good on paper with the Eagles at 5-0 and the Bulls at 0-5, but fans of both teams know that you can throw the records out of the window for this game. No question the Eagles are loaded and on a roll, and the Bulls are young and inexperienced, but I bet the Bull players will come out with fire in their eyes and try to give Decatur all they want. The Bulls have everything to gain and nothing to lose in this one. This is one of the oldest and fiercest rivalries in Texas HS football, and this year should be no different. I hope it turns out to be a good game, and if the Bulls win it I will be celebrating for a week. Go Bulls!

joshtrant
10-09-2006, 10:34 AM
We were both thinking the same thing at the same time, Bull. I put up a thread on this game, too.

BTW---Da Eagles, of course! (With maybe a little false bravado mixed in, Bull. ;)

fballfan
10-09-2006, 12:43 PM
rivarly or not, decatur will win this one outright with no problems. Cobb and Trant are going to have a field day running circles around and up and down bull territory all night long. btw, out of curiosity, not slander, how many years in a row has decatur won this game???

NateDawg39
10-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by fballfan
rivarly or not, decatur will win this one outright with no problems. Cobb and Trant are going to have a field day running circles around and up and down bull territory all night long. btw, out of curiosity, not slander, how many years in a row has decatur won this game??? 4 in a row...hopefully 5 Friday night

NateDawg39
10-09-2006, 03:07 PM
There have been many blow outs over the years between these two teams and many close games. I know one year Bridgeport dominated Decatur 62-0 and a few years later Decatur came out and wooped up the Bullies 50-0...anything and everything can and will happen!
Decatur 42- 21

#1Eaglefan
10-09-2006, 06:36 PM
I don't think the big question is who will win on the field, as much as who will win off the field. I really hope both schools let the talking all go on during the game Friday, and not a bunch of "crap" all week long. Lets who scores the LEAST amount of points by not spray painting, or paintballing or anything else. I get so tired of that stuff. Let's keep the competition on the field!! Josh, I would recommend you as a leader of this team keeping everyone on this side of the bridge until 7:30 Friday night.:clap:

Bullaholic
10-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by #1Eaglefan
I don't think the big question is who will win on the field, as much as who will win off the field. I really hope both schools let the talking all go on during the game Friday, and not a bunch of "crap" all week long. Lets who scores the LEAST amount of points by not spray painting, or paintballing or anything else. I get so tired of that stuff. Let's keep the competition on the field!! Josh, I would recommend you as a leader of this team keeping everyone on this side of the bridge until 7:30 Friday night.:clap:

I agree #1Eaglefan. You share the same definition of "fun" as I do---and property damage and personal injury are not included. I hope the Bridgeport students, fans, and players refrain from any such activity. I know everybody, including the coaches, have a "zero tolerance" policy when it comes to this sort of activity. Both of our communities are blessed with a bunch of good kids---we have been for years, but it only takes a couple of "idiots" to make either town and its school look bad.

#1Eaglefan
10-10-2006, 08:34 PM
That's the truth! :clap:

NateDawg39
10-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Its a quiet year so far is it not Bull?? You should no better than anyone else what losing before district feels like right? So why the silence?

slpybear the bullfan
10-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Its just a quiet year, Nate... what else can we say?

Ohhh.. yeah...

WDA!!!

slpybear the bullfan
10-11-2006, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I agree #1Eaglefan. You share the same definition of "fun" as I do---and property damage and personal injury are not included. I hope the Bridgeport students, fans, and players refrain from any such activity. I know everybody, including the coaches, have a "zero tolerance" policy when it comes to this sort of activity. Both of our communities are blessed with a bunch of good kids---we have been for years, but it only takes a couple of "idiots" to make either town and its school look bad.

100% agree with you guys. Keep it on the field... the only ones who usually get in trouble are the ones who don't even decide the game.

Good luck both teams and be safe.