PDA

View Full Version : I told you Sam Houston State University was tough!

Phil C
10-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Few believed me but on Saturday they beat tough Northwestern State 30 to 20. Many thought they were unworthy to play UT and that UT picked an easy game but this proves otherwise. Remember the great offensive guard Eugene Upshaw who was on a super bowl winner and is now in the NFL Hall of Fame. He went to a small NAIA school and competed very well in the pros against players who were in the top division in college.

SHSU was more of a worthy opponent than some of you thought. Against UT they probably could have held it to a more respectable 22 point loss but they got behind early in the game and had to gamble and the game got away from them and turned into a rout.

eagles_victory
10-09-2006, 09:22 AM
you have got to be kidding me right? NWST isnt that good lol SFA is going to drill both of these teams

3afan
10-09-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Few believed me but on Saturday they beat tough Northwestern State 30 to 20. Many thought they were unworthy to play UT and that UT picked an easy game but this proves otherwise. Remember the great offensive guard Eugene Upshaw who was on a super bowl winner and is now in the NFL Hall of Fame. He went to a small NAIA school and competed very well in the pros against players who were in the top division in college.

SHSU was more of a worthy opponent than some of you thought. Against UT they probably could have held it to a more respectable 22 point loss but they got behind early in the game and had to gamble and the game got away from them and turned into a rout.

:doh:

spiveyrat
10-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Go Kats!!! :cheerl:

JasperDog94
10-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
SFA is going to drill both of these teams I hope so!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

GreenMachine
10-09-2006, 12:51 PM

SHSU was more of a worthy opponent than some of you thought. Against UT they probably could have held it to a more respectable 22 point loss but they got behind early in the game and had to gamble and the game got away from them and turned into a rout. :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
10-09-2006, 12:52 PM
yay

Adidas410s
10-09-2006, 01:14 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

MagicMan
10-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Phil C has a lot of posts that sound like former rommies:thinking:

coach
10-09-2006, 02:20 PM

are u stupid if i were a lowly texas fan i would be embarrased saying sam could hold us to only win by 22 does that meen last year they could play with ohio state......please tell me u were omly kidding

JasperDog94
10-09-2006, 02:22 PM
coach,

Stick around awile and you'll see that we have to take Phil with a grain of salt...or a 40 ozer.:D

Phil C
10-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by coach
are u stupid

Well I should have invested very heavily in Bill Gates Company when it started out. :(

coach
10-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Well I should have invested very heavily in Bill Gates Company when it started out. :(

good one how about pullin your head out:clap:

Old Tiger
10-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Well I should have invested very heavily in Bill Gates Company when it started out. :( PHIL WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!!:mad:

Bulldog_12
10-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Thats just like us and Ulala. I tried to warn everyone they would be tough, but nobody believed me. Luckily we survived and now the ragin cajuns have beaten houston, who is a team that took Miami to the brink! We were very fortunate to escape with our lives. I will never doubt another one of your threads like this again Phil.:thumbsup:

SintonFan
10-09-2006, 02:39 PM
are u stupid if i were a lowly texas fan i would be embarrased saying sam could hold us to only win by 22 does that meen last year they could play with ohio state......please tell me u were omly kidding
Been here a couple of months and calling folks stupid?:rolleyes:
Let me get couch GodFather! Let me at him!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Phil C
10-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

It is ok Sinton. Let it go. I have been called worse a few times. :D

He is still new here and I am sure coach is a positive influence on the athletes.

Thanks for the enthusiasm though.

Phil C
10-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
PHIL WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!!:mad:

What is also bad Tiger is that I could have invested heavily in Wal-Mart stock when it was first offered and then had a lot of funds to put in Bill Gates Company when it started and been rich today indeed. :(

eagles_victory
10-09-2006, 02:49 PM
Let me get couch GodFather! Let me at him!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: you could take him

SintonFan
10-09-2006, 02:50 PM
you could take him
:clap: :clap: :clap:

coach
10-09-2006, 04:02 PM

lol my bab dude i didnt meen to hurt anyones feelings we all know phil wants attention so i will be the big boy and apologize

coach
10-09-2006, 04:03 PM
you could take him

your not funny lee

Bandera YaYa
10-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Congrats on the win, Brett!! Way to Go!! Good luck next week!!! :clap: :clap:

bulldogman06
10-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Yea that was pretty awesome, I saw the highlight video, I didnt get to see the game, and he looked pretty good out there. Im gonna try and make it to a game when A&M has an away and Sam is at home

Bandera YaYa
10-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Yea that was pretty awesome, I saw the highlight video, I didnt get to see the game, and he looked pretty good out there. Im gonna try and make it to a game when A&M has an away and Sam is at home It's just soooooooo cool he's starting and playing so good! Ha, next time I talk with him, he'll be so darn cocky tho....you know it!!!! :D :D :D :D :clap:

bulldogman06
10-09-2006, 06:01 PM
Yea I talked to his girlfriend, and she said she was havin to deal with the "football star" all the time now, haha we were laughin becuase its like high school all over again for him

Old Tiger
10-09-2006, 06:02 PM
They all suck! :D

Old Tiger
10-09-2006, 06:02 PM
What is also bad Tiger is that I could have invested heavily in Wal-Mart stock when it was first offered and then had a lot of funds to put in Bill Gates Company when it started and been rich today indeed. :( I bet your foot is in your ass cause you kicked it so hard after not making that decision

bulldogman06
10-09-2006, 06:03 PM
They all suck! :D

I know it was a joke, but which post were you replying to?

Old Tiger
10-09-2006, 06:04 PM
I know it was a joke, but which post were you replying to? I'm not sure...lol

bulldogman06
10-09-2006, 06:08 PM
I'm not sure...lol

Haha I wasnt either, and I was like huh???

Bandera YaYa
10-09-2006, 06:26 PM
Yea I talked to his girlfriend, and she said she was havin to deal with the "football star" all the time now, haha we were laughin becuase its like high school all over again for him Brett just cracks me up...if you didn't KNOW him, you'd think he was so stuck up!!! You definitely have to "get" him.....to appreicate him!! :D

crabman
10-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Hey Phil, wasn't Eugene Upshaw from Robstown? That is what the sign coming into town says.

j_dog
10-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Go Kats!!! :cheerl:

Rematch!! :D :clap: :clap:

SintonFan
10-10-2006, 12:04 AM
lol my bab dude i didnt meen to hurt anyones feelings we all know phil wants attention so i will be the big boy and apologize
"restraint" is used here...:D

sahen
10-10-2006, 12:10 AM
come on phil, we killed northwestern state and we lost to army, they r not very good...we suck and beat the snot outa them.....

Phil C
10-10-2006, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by crabman
Hey Phil, wasn't Eugene Upshaw from Robstown? That is what the sign coming into town says.

Indeed he was. I think he still has family there. He was a great player at Texas A&I in Kingsville before going to Oakland.

Phil C
10-10-2006, 08:13 AM
"we all know"?????
Do ya have a frog in your pocket?:eek: What do you mean "We"? A little over two months here and you can say "WE" when it comes to Phil C?
PLEASE PHIL(Godfather) he still degrades you saying you do this for attention!!!!:mad:
Let me at him!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :clap:

Restraint my good friend - restraint. :)