PDA

View Full Version : So I went to see Charlie Daniels last night

PPHSfan
10-09-2006, 07:59 AM
I went expecting to have a good time because Charlie is just cool. I did not however go expecting to see such a fantastic show. Charlie still has his chops. He has a fantastic band, and they put on a great show for all ages. His two lead guitar players are simply awesome. The drummer is the best I have seen in that type of music, and the rest of the guys were SOLID. If you are a musician you would really appreciate how good these cats are. Charlie had to do a few songs, and then let one of the band members do one so he can sit down and catch his breath, but he can still fiddle like his hair is on fire, and he can play guitar like he is still a youngster. He played a little bit of everything, including a great Gospel song, and the National Anthem on the fiddle. The crowd was on it's feet the entire show, and he brought the house down with the old stuff. When he played the "Devil went down to Georgia" it was the place to be.
Don't pass up the chance to see this great Old School act when he comes to a place near you. He plays and acts like a young man, but he is gettin up there:D

GreenMonster
10-09-2006, 08:26 AM
3 questions.

First, was the concert anywhere near Jackson, Miss??

Second, did he play Easy Rider?

Last, if the answer to question 1 and 2 was "Yes." did you get a chance to meet old green teeth??

:D :D :D :D

I betcha he's even got a Commy flag tacked up on the wall inside of his garage.

PPHSfan
10-09-2006, 08:28 AM
The show was in Gretna LA. He did not play easy rider. But he did play Long Haired Country Boy.:D

GreenMonster
10-09-2006, 08:38 AM
I have Long haired Country Boy as one of my ringtones lol