PDA

View Full Version : Region III Game of the Week (6): Palestine vs Palestine Westwood

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2006, 07:50 AM
Cross-town rivals, Palestine Wildcats and Palestine Westwood Panthers will meet for their first district 19 game of the season. Both teams come into the game 4-1. The Wildcats loss was in Week 4 to 4A Jacksonville, with a score of 17-19. The Panthers were dealt their first loss this past Friday night, 48-49, to Rusk.

Thoughts on the district/city rivalry?

eagles_victory
10-09-2006, 09:18 AM
i hope they have the police out in full force for this one. Id say Palestine and Westwood dont get along but that would be the understatement of the day. This is going to show how for real Westwood is and I think they are. I wish I could see this one but I guess im going to go with Palestine by a touchdown. This may be the game of the year this year in our district.

texasjeremy
10-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Its just a rivalry because the schools are about 5 miles apart, but it has never been a rivalry because its been competitive. Westwood has always has little brother syndrome when it comes to Palestine. They always think they are going to win, only to get smacked around.

Two years ago was the first time these schools ever played, Westwood was supposed to be the home team, but their stadium was in no condition to play this big of a game, so Palestine was the home team in 2004, with the understanding Westwood would renovate their stadium for 2005. When last year rolled around, Westwood stadium was still not ready, so PHS offered Westwood to play the game at Wildcat stadium again, and give WW the home side and the ticket sales (it would be more money from that 1 game than westwood would have made all season), Wildcat Stadium seats 10,000, while Panther Stadium only seats 2k-3k. Westwood refused, claiming they had a real good chance to win, so they needed home field advantage, so most of Palestine was unable to see the game. Palestine went on to win 67-26.

THIS SEASONS SCORES

PALESTINE (4-1)
@ 4A Hallsville (4-1) ---- 28-27 WIN
Kaufman (1-4) ---- 41-13 WIN
@ 4A Henderson (1-4) ---- 34-6 WIN
4A Jacksonville (3-2) ---- 19-17 LOSS
@ Rusk (3-2) ---- 28-14 WIN

WESTWOOD (4-1)
Bullard (3-2) ---- 35-34(OT) WIN
@ Tyler Chapel Hill (2-3) ---- 39-15 WIN
Brownsboro (3-2) ---- 33-20 WIN
Crockett (2-3) ---- 21-20 WIN
Rusk (3-2) ---- 49-48 LOSS

icu812
10-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Palestine over WW 28-14

coach
10-09-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
Its just a rivalry because the schools are about 5 miles apart, but it has never been a rivalry because its been competitive. Westwood has always has little brother syndrome when it comes to Palestine. They always think they are going to win, only to get smacked around.

Two years ago was the first time these schools ever played, . Palestine went on to win 67-26.

Westwood has ALWAYS been there little brother. They have only played twice. Its not really a big feat either to be quite honest who hasnt dominated Westwood in football over the past few years. THings have changed this year Westwood might win there first ever playoff game. And yea Palestine won 67-26 with Paul Kennedy the running back they recruited from Westwood

texasjeremy
10-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by coach
And yea Palestine won 67-26 with Paul Kennedy the running back they recruited from Westwood

Its not Palestine's fault people don't want to build their new house in WISD. Kennedy wasn't even a starter at PHS, while he was Westwoods superstar.

PHS Wildcats
10-09-2006, 11:48 PM
Westwood has ALWAYS been there little brother. They have only played twice. Its not really a big feat either to be quite honest who hasnt dominated Westwood in football over the past few years. THings have changed this year Westwood might win there first ever playoff game. And yea Palestine won 67-26 with Paul Kennedy the running back they recruited from Westwood

Here we go with this crap again:doh:

Right he wasn't a starter.

IHStangFan
10-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Westwood pulls the upset.

Pball
10-11-2006, 08:24 AM

In 2004 Palestine beat WW 51-18 without Paul Kennedy. This year it should be a better game but I still feel Palestine defense is much better the WW. Palestine will take control the second half and win by more then 2 TD's...

eagles_victory
10-11-2006, 02:29 PM
some more palestine posters thats good for the week 10 meet and greet hopefully yall all can make it.

mwynn05
10-11-2006, 03:02 PM
My roommate is from Whitehouse and went to the Whitehouse-Jacksonville game last week and he said Jacksonville wasn't very good...what happened to Palestine that night?....Ill go out on a limb and pick Westwood though....do i thik westwood will win probably not but its more fun to call the upset

texasjeremy
10-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
My roommate is from Whitehouse and went to the Whitehouse-Jacksonville game last week and he said Jacksonville wasn't very good...what happened to Palestine that night?....Ill go out on a limb and pick Westwood though....do i thik westwood will win probably not but its more fun to call the upset

Jacksonville is so unpredictable, plus it was a rivarly game, which is usually close. But, yeah, I was very surprised Whitehouse won so convincingly, considering Whitehouse is a perennial doormat. I wonder if Jacksonville lost a lot of players to grades or something, because they were undefeated before the Whitehouse game (and had votes in the 4A AP poll), their previous four wins were over Brownsboro, Corsicana, Palestine, and Marshall.

eagles_victory
10-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Jacksonville is so unpredictable, plus it was a rivarly game, which is usually close. But, yeah, I was very surprised Whitehouse won so convincingly, considering Whitehouse is a perennial doormat. I wonder if Jacksonville lost a lot of players to grades or something, because they were undefeated before the Whitehouse game (and had votes in the 4A AP poll), their previous four wins were over Brownsboro, Corsicana, Palestine, and Marshall. Whitehouse may be on the rise. They have Mcdaniel who use to coach at Daingerfield and Mt. Pleasant if im not mistaken hes a pretty good coach. 3afan can correct me if im wrong but didnt Whitehouse beat Forney this year?

texasjeremy
10-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Its good to see Whitehouse having some success. As long as I can remember Whitehouse hasn't been good in football. But when I was at Palestine, we had a very intense basketball rivalry with Whitehouse.

eagles_victory
10-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Its good to see Whitehouse having some success. As long as I can remember Whitehouse hasn't been good in football. But when I was at Palestine, we had a very intense basketball rivalry with Whitehouse. i think Palestine is a playoff team in basketball this year. FF Palestine could get pretty intense.

JR2004
10-12-2006, 07:49 PM
Sounds like an interesting game y'all have down there. This kinda reminds me of Madison vs. Lincoln in that Lincoln was the big dog and Madison was the stepchild. This year the stepchild turned the tables and won that one. Who knows maybe Westwood will do the same this week. :)

PHS Wildcats
10-12-2006, 09:33 PM
sorry won't happen

texasjeremy
10-13-2006, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
i think Palestine is a playoff team in basketball this year. FF Palestine could get pretty intense.

Yeah, Palestine has been a perennial 4A east texas power in basketball, but had a surprising dropoff last year losing a ton of close games. But if im not mistaken they return their entire team from last year.

PHS Wildcats
10-13-2006, 09:12 AM
Working till Noon and then leaving for Palestine

eagles_victory
10-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Yeah, Palestine has been a perennial 4A east texas power in basketball, but had a surprising dropoff last year losing a ton of close games. But if im not mistaken they return their entire team from last year. they do they lost 1 guy but he was a backup. I think in the game last year it was FF 86 Palestine 73

PHS Wildcats
10-13-2006, 03:58 PM
ok back to football people

texasjeremy
10-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Early 2nd quarter

Palestine 27 Westwood 7

Palestine has scored TDs on all 4 drives in the game.

texasjeremy
10-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Westwood recovers a fumble, deep in Palestine territory, 27-14 now.

texasjeremy
10-13-2006, 08:44 PM
HALFTIME

27-14 Palestine

texasjeremy
10-13-2006, 09:30 PM
3rd Q

34-14 Palestine

texasjeremy
10-13-2006, 09:48 PM
after 3
41-14 palestine

texasjeremy
10-13-2006, 10:29 PM
FINAL

41-14 Palestine

eagles_victory
10-13-2006, 10:37 PM
sounds like westwood being westwood again or palestine is that good.

texasjeremy
10-13-2006, 11:40 PM
These two schools have now played 3 times ever, Palestine is 3-0, outscoring Westwood 159-52 (an average of 53-17).