PDA

View Full Version : Vernon/Breck?

Gsquared
10-09-2006, 07:37 AM
Anybody see this game?

GreenMonster
10-09-2006, 08:42 AM
I didn't see it, but I read the write up and I did get some first hand info. Vernon just had too much for the Bucks. Weak schedule finally bit Breck in the arse. Breck/Clyde will be a barn burner.

Gsquared
10-09-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I didn't see it, but I read the write up and I did get some first hand info. Vernon just had too much for the Bucks. Weak schedule finally bit Breck in the arse. Breck/Clyde will be a barn burner.
I am still thinking about goin to Breck.Wylie in a few weeks

westcoast54
10-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster

Vernon kicked a fieldgoal late to take a 15-13 lead and then intercepted a pass on the last play of the game and returned it for a TD. Vernon didn't dominate the game.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by westcoast54
Vernon kicked a fieldgoal late to take a 15-13 lead and then intercepted a pass on the last play of the game and returned it for a TD. Vernon didn't dominate the game.

I was at the game and Vernon should have beat these guys by 21. The Bucks are a decent team but by no means are they state contenders.

They beat Vernon (4 or 5 times) on the outside option in the second half. That was the only play that they had going for them. The QB was quick and made some good runs that should have been zipped up. They had a decent short passing game that they mixed in with the option. Overall Breck is decent and probably should have beat the 5 teams that they had played. Clyde and Breck should be a very good game when they play.

westcoast54
10-10-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I was at the game and Vernon should have beat these guys by 21. The Bucks are a decent team but by no means are they state contenders.

They beat Vernon (4 or 5 times) on the outside option in the second half. That was the only play that they had going for them. The QB was quick and made some good runs that should have been zipped up. They had a decent short passing game that they mixed in with the option. Overall Breck is decent and probably should have beat the 5 teams that they had played. Clyde and Breck should be a very good game when they play.

Well if they should have beaten them by 21 then why didn't they? I love the way Vernon fans support their team, it's awsome. But I can't stand the excuses you all make everytime you loose or win a close game to a so called, "lesser" opponent. As I said earlier, Vernon had to kick a FG late to just get the lead. Doesn't sound to me like Vernon shuld have won by 21. Sounds like they were lucky to get out with a win and there's nothing wrong with that. A win is a win. I just get tired of all the excuses that the Vernon faithful come up with. Last year after they were thououghly dismantled by Gainesville in the first round of the playoffs people from Vernon were blaiming the loss on the wind. The WIND!!! Come on now, just admit it when you get beat.
By the way I never said Breck was a State contender, but neither is Vernon. Vernon had better worry about getting out of District. Their distirct is going to be a toss up. Anyone in that district can beat anyone on any given night.

Gsquared
10-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by westcoast54
Well if they should have beaten them by 21 then why didn't they? I love the way Vernon fans support their team, it's awsome. But I can't stand the excuses you all make everytime you loose or win a close game to a so called, "lesser" opponent. As I said earlier, Vernon had to kick a FG late to just get the lead. Doesn't sound to me like Vernon shuld have won by 21. Sounds like they were lucky to get out with a win and there's nothing wrong with that. A win is a win. I just get tired of all the excuses that the Vernon faithful come up with. Last year after they were thououghly dismantled by Gainesville in the first round of the playoffs people from Vernon were blaiming the loss on the wind. The WIND!!! Come on now, just admit it when you get beat.
By the way I never said Breck was a State contender, but neither is Vernon. Vernon had better worry about getting out of District. Their distirct is going to be a toss up. Anyone in that district can beat anyone on any given night.
That being said, think il go to Bellville/Giddings instead of Wylie/Breck

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-10-2006, 12:24 PM
westcoast54 I have no idea what you are talking about? The Gainseville loss being blamed on the wind? I challenge you to find that post. I'll be waiting.

As far as Vernon posters making excuses? Myself, VernonLion#1 and Fury900 are the only Vernon posters that even post on here and the other two don't post very often. I know your not talking about me making excuses. BTW I have been on this board a long time through the ups and downs with Vernon.

As far as the Breck game (Which I was there) why don't you look at the stats. Vernon ran all over Breck. But due to costly penalties Vernon shot themselves in the foot. Vernon is a much better team than Breck. Vernon will make the playoffs and will probably win the district in my opinion.

Breck will have to beat Clyde and I'm not sure if they can do that. It will be a good game.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-10-2006, 12:28 PM
westcoast54

Oh yes and you may want to check the stats again. Vernon lead the entire game until Breck scored their second TD late to take the lead in the second half. In fact Breck didn't even score in the first half. And yes Vernon did have to comeback and kick a field goal to win after the late Breck TD, which they did. They also intercepted a pass to end the game where the DB ran it back 75 yards through the Buck offense. Speed.

I noticed that you list you are from Noth Texas? Why not name the city that you support or are from?

Adidas410s
10-10-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I noticed that you list you are from Noth Texas? Why not name the city that you support or are from?

Well we sure know he isn't supporting Vernon! ;)