PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Player help- i dont know jack about these things (NF)

raider red 2000
10-08-2006, 10:01 AM
i am thnking about getting a MP3 player or an IPOD.

any suggestions????

also, how hard is it tog et music on one of those things????

do i need to download songs or how does it work??

also...how much memory do i need on one?

thanks
RR2K

carter08
10-08-2006, 10:02 AM
i have one, but i think i broke it

DON'T BUY A SAMSUNG!!!!!

or don't throw it on the ground and step on it

Your choice

Emerson1
10-08-2006, 10:26 AM
There are lots of different ways you can go. The most popular brands are Ipods, and the Zen Micro by creative.

The ipod I think is the most user friendly.

Their sizes range the from 512 mb shuffle which has no screen(probably don't want this one), to the 60 gig video ipod. It will hold anywhere from 120 songs to 15,000 songs if not more.

I think your best bet would be getting one from here (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/1.RSLID?mco=32DAAC51&nclm=Certified), it's refurbished but guranteed to work, and when my friend got his it had a screen protector on it. It will have a few scratches on the back, but I think it's worth the $150 discount.

To get music on it the ipod will come with the software to load stuff on to it. You just plug it into your computer.

As far as getting music, you can get it off itunes for $0.99 a song. Or go the limewire way and get it for free.

ILS1
10-08-2006, 11:14 AM
I agree with everything Emerson said except for the refurbished stuff. That's just me!! You can find some really good stuff or you could get someone elses junk!!! Just IMHO!!! If anything I'd recommend getting an MP3 player w/ a FM tuner. Most Ipods don't. When every you get tired of listening to the same songs you can always listen to the radio. Granted,some of them don't get really good reception because the headphones wire is your antenna. I have the Sony NW-E507 which is 1G and has a FM tuner. It holds about 260 songs (most are 128 mg files). Pending on the size of the file is how many songs your MP3 player will hold. I really like it and it's small and compact. It really depends on what you intend on using it for. If you intend to use it to work out with then I recommend something same and compact. Ipods can be kinda bulky except for the Shuffles. I totally agree with the Samsung comment!!! Pure junk!!! Zen's are good. Good luck and let us know what you choose.

:D

carter08
10-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Limewire is illegal. Don't use it :D

Bull19
10-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Limewire is illegal. Don't use it :D

LIMEWIRE IS NOT ILLEGAL. IT CAN ONLY BE ILLEGAL IF YOU USE IT THE WRONG WAY.

carter08
10-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
LIMEWIRE IS NOT ILLEGAL. IT CAN ONLY BE ILLEGAL IF YOU USE IT THE WRONG WAY.

Downloading most songs from it is illegal

Bulldog_12
10-08-2006, 11:32 AM
It just depends on how much you want to spend. I have this really crappy one that is so hard to figure out and just wasnt worth the 45 dollars. I would go with the Ipod just because the few times I have used it, I can figure it out with little explanation.

Emerson1
10-08-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Downloading most songs from it is illegal
No it's not. Sharing music is illegal. Go back to texashsfootball

The refurbished ones are fine. I think a couple scratches on the back is worth %40 off a $300 ipod, that's just me though. It will get scratched up eventually unless you get a case, which would in turn cover and old scratches.

The zen has an FM tuner, but it's not even worth using. I have most of the songs I will here on the radio so I never need to use it anyways.

shankbear
10-08-2006, 01:36 PM
I like my 5 GB Creative Zen Micro. Holds over 2500 tunes. Does MP3 and WMA and has an FM tuner. Easy software.

carter08
10-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Go back to texashsfootball

Just for that statement, i'm staying here