PDA

View Full Version : Coach Walker La Grange

Pudlugger
10-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Coach Walker is in the middle of his second season at La Grange. When he arrived in 2005 the Leps were coming off one of their worst seasons in recent memory going 2-8. The Leps had been to the playoffs every year since 1999 and won one state championship, lost in the finals and twice lost in the regional final the previous 5 seasons. Under Walker's leadership the entire offense was retooled from the option running game to the spread no huddle set. In one season Walker has brought this team around to a 5-0 record. In fact Walkers career record at La Grange is now 9-6, not bad for the new coach.

Walker must have a few nightmares thinking about the drumming the Buffs put on the Leps in his rookie season last year. I bet he is going to have some surprises for the Buffs next Friday. I can assure you he will have this team ready to play. Here's to a good clean match with no injuries. Go Leps and congratulations to Coach Walker.:D

Cameron Crazy
10-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Sounds like he is doing a great job with the team!! Good luck this season!

Johnny Utah
10-08-2006, 10:33 AM
He and his coaching staff should be commended on doing a great job. Tough district race still. Keep supporting no matter what happens.

Bull19
10-08-2006, 11:20 AM
WHERE WAS HE BEFORE COMING TO LA GRANGE?

Pudlugger
10-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
WHERE WAS HE BEFORE COMING TO LA GRANGE?

He was the OC at Ennis.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-08-2006, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pudlugger
[B]Coach Walker has brought this team around to a 5-0 record not bad for the new coach.

Any coach would go 5-0 vs the teams La Grange has played in Pre District! You will find out how good he is, the next few weeks.

Gobbla2001
10-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Damn, does FBB hate La Grange or what??? sheez

Pudlugger
10-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pudlugger
[B]Coach Walker has brought this team around to a 5-0 record not bad for the new coach.

Any coach would go 5-0 vs the teams La Grange has played in Pre District! You will find out how good he is, the next few weeks.

Former likes to point out the Leps have not played a strong schedule (9-19), yet his Bellville team has only played one strong team and lost. A 4-1 record against a 12-14 opponents record with two weak TAPPS teams in the mix is nothing to brag about (5 off the 12 wins by the Brahmas opponents were by the team that beat Bellville so how do you figure that?). I wouldn't have brought this up but you insist on going back to the sos issue to run down our coach when you have little to back it up. So typical. So what if the Leps have not played a blue chip team yet. We will in the coming two or three games so we'll see. Meanwhile just let the boys play football. :rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
10-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Former likes to point out the Leps have not played a strong schedule (9-19), yet his Bellville team has only played one strong team and lost. A 4-1 record against a 12-14 opponents record with two weak TAPPS teams in the mix is nothing to brag about (5 off the 12 wins by the Brahmas opponents were by the team that beat Bellville so how do you figure that?). I wouldn't have brought this up but you insist on going back to the sos issue to run down our coach when you have little to back it up. So typical. So what if the Leps have not played a blue chip team yet. We will in the coming two or three games so we'll see. Meanwhile just let the boys play football. :rolleyes:

you're smart

KL3
10-08-2006, 06:44 PM
Pud, the Leps have beaten below average competition while Bellville has dominated below average competition. We'll see what happens when LG comes to Bellville in a few weeks.

Pudlugger
10-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Yes we will see.:)

Bull19
10-08-2006, 08:27 PM
IM TELLING YOU PUDLIGGER ALL THE CRAP YOU SAY ON HOW LA GRANGE IS GETTING BETTER EVERY WEEK AND HOW THE COME FROM BEHIND WIN IN SEALY WAS SUCH A GOOD VICTORY IS CRAP. SEALY IS HORRIBLE. AND ESPECIALLY COMING FROM BEHIND TO PICK UP A WIN AGAINST THEM ISNT SAYING TO MUCH. ALSO YOU SHUT OUT AGAINST LULING AND GONZALES IS NOT MUCH EITHER, WHAT DO THEY AVERAGE 7 POINTS A GAME? ALSO GRANTED OUR SCHEDULE HASNT BEEN GRUELING BUT IT HAS NOT BEEN A WALK IN THE PARK. COLUMBIA IS A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM(U MIGHT DISAGREE BUT THEY ARE BETTER THEN ANYBODY THE LEPS HAVE FACED SO FAR) AND A VERY GOOD 4A IN BARBERS HILL. THEN GOING OUT AND COMPLETELY DOMINATING EVERYONE ELSE SAYS SOMETHING. TRUST ME THE WINS THE LEPS HAVE SO FAR PROVE ABSOLUTLY NOTHING EXCEPT HOW,,,,,EXTREMELY AVERAGE,,,, THEY ARE. THIS WILL BE PROVED IN THE #'S IN THE COMING WEEKS

lostaussie
10-08-2006, 08:31 PM
MYGOSHYOURWORDSAREALLRUNNINGTOGETHERMAKESFORSOMEHA RDREADING.

Bull19
10-08-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
MYGOSHYOURWORDSAREALLRUNNINGTOGETHERMAKESFORSOMEHA RDREADING.

ITONLYMAKESYOUBETTER

lostaussie
10-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
ITONLYMAKESYOUBETTER OKDEN:D

SWMustang
10-08-2006, 08:44 PM
WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?

Pudlugger
10-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Isn't it interesting that no matter what the topic of a thread is , some folks just want to blow their own horn. This is a thread about a coach who is doing a fine job. I don't care how unremarkable the Leps schedule has been, this team has been playing good football. I wish some folks would keep their powder dry for three weeks when the Leps play Bellville. There will be time to shout out how fabulous your team is when the time comes.:rolleyes:

Bull19
10-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Isn't it interesting that no matter what the topic of a thread is , some folks just want to blow their own horn. This is a thread about a coach who is doing a fine job. I don't care how unremarkable the Leps schedule has been, this team has been playing good football. I wish some folks would keep their powder dry for three weeks when the Leps play Bellville. There will be time to shout out how fabulous your team is when the time comes.:rolleyes:

YOUR RIGHT IT WILL BE ANOTHER DOMINATING PERFORMANCE FOR THE BULLS

18handicap
10-09-2006, 12:54 PM
I know both coaches personally -- one by working with him, and one by how he treats me when I have gone there to play or officiate basketball. I like both coaches and wish both the best of luck in the district race. Coach Walker was great to work for and with last year and I know he gives his best effort every day. He treated the coaches and players with respect and I consider him a good friend. Coach Chancellor always treats me as a "coach" instead of just an "official" when I would go there to call basketball games. We always had a friendly visit and I also wish him the best of luck.